• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 College Football

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Rod Walker @RodWalkerNola

I know it's way too early, but... if Saints and LSU keep taking care of business, you could have Saints hosting a second round playoff game (likely Saturday, Jan.11) and LSU playing for a national title (Jan. 13) in the Dome.Would be a crazy few days in the city.

This actually could happen, crazy.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
A stat I wanted to point out but I forgot was Minnesota's oline averaged 6'6 340lbs. That's crazy big.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So Alabama lost to No2 team (currently No1) and Georgia lost to South Carolina. Oh, Alabama beat that same SC team by 24.
Of course, Georgia is now ranked 4 and Alabama 5.
Fucking imbeciles.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
So Alabama lost to No2 team (currently No1) and Georgia lost to South Carolina. Oh, Alabama beat that same SC team by 24.
Of course, Georgia is now ranked 4 and Alabama 5.
Fucking imbeciles.

Those college rankings never make no damn sense. How can we even have rankings ayt the beginning of the season? Its all speculative. They can each play a game next week and the rankings could be completely different even tho both teams won. It should all come down to wins, losses, championship games, strength of opponent. Shit like that and dump these opionated rankings.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
let Burrow go number one to the Bengals. Even with this win, I see him as being overhyped. Coming into this season his ceiling was the 2nd round. I believe Tua will be the better pro.

it'll be interesting to actually scout the top qbs in this class properly (didnt bother so much with the 2019 crop) to see where i come down on them - the only qb i had with a first round grade in 2019 was kyler (who i had as the 11th/12th best player in the draft) - ill be interested in how high i have these qbs given we've known about them for so long

and in 2018 i was not as bold as i should have been with actually ranking the qbs and especially lamar - i had him as a top 15 player but honestly based on the film he should have been a top 5 player on the board

think this will be a fun class to scout

Last edited by a moderator:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Those college rankings never make no damn sense. How can we even have rankings ayt the beginning of the season? Its all speculative. They can each play a game next week and the rankings could be completely different even tho both teams won. It should all come down to wins, losses, championship games, strength of opponent. Shit like that and dump these opionated rankings.
It's crazy they can't come up with some decent stats in this day and age and make some logical points ranking.
If you beat team X, you get 2 points for the win and 1 bonus point but if you beat this other team, you get 2 bonus points. If you beat team Y, no bonus for you. Lose to a bad team, we take points off.
That would have an added benefit of us watching better games due to tougher schedules. Look at Clemson this year - they play absolutely nobody.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it'll be interesting to actually scout the top qbs in this class properly (didnt bother so much with the 2019 crop) to see where i come down on them - the only qb i had with a first round grade in 2019 was kyler (who i had as the 11th/12th best player in the draft) - ill be interested in how high i have these qbs given we've known about them for so long

and in 2018 i was not as bold as i should have been with actually ranking the qbs and especially lamar - i had him as a top 15 player but honestly based on the film he should have been a top 5 player on the board

think this will be a fun class to scout
thing about Lamar is we didn't know about all his intangibles. He's extremely intelligent and how he learns the playbook, his work ethic. That puts you at the top. If I knew that, he'd be #1 without question.

The Forum Mock is going to be fun this year with this incredible draft class

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's crazy they can't come up with some decent stats in this day and age and make some logical points ranking.
If you beat team X, you get 2 points for the win and 1 bonus point but if you beat this other team, you get 2 bonus points. If you beat team Y, no bonus for you. Lose to a bad team, we take points off.
That would have an added benefit of us watching better games due to tougher schedules. Look at Clemson this year - they play absolutely nobody.

One thing is these power conferences have gotten too big. 14 teams in the inaptly named Big 10. 14 in the SEC. 12 int Pac 12. I remember the old SWC (Southwest Conference) and the Big East and we had great rival games. No more Texas A&M/Texas or Pitt/WVa (backyard brawl), Oklahoma/Nebraska ( A great one in its time) or even Md/Va. I mean wtf is WVA playing in a division with Texas and Oklahoma. They're not even close in territory. Money talks bullshit walks I guess.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
thing about Lamar is we didn't know about all his intangibles. He's extremely intelligent and how he learns the playbook, his work ethic. That puts you at the top. If I knew that, he'd be #1 without question.

The Forum Mock is going to be fun this year with this incredible draft class

What do you guys do? A draft before the draft with the college players.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What do you guys do? A draft before the draft with the college players.
yes, each participant, because of location, work and life is given 12 hours to make a pick. Obviously we don't always need to take that time. It's a lot of fun. We have free agency and trades as well as following the team that we manages actual salary cap. You should try it.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
yes, each participant, because of location, work and life is given 12 hours to make a pick. Obviously we don't always need to take that time. It's a lot of fun. We have free agency and trades as well as following the team that we manages actual salary cap. You should try it.

Try to remember to remind me. More than likely it would be too tough for me tho since I don't log on here with cellphone or any other device. Doing just a mock draft was what sounded interesting to me. The fun part of that would be I'd know you guys would take the player I want and then I'd be scrambling lol but it would make me think on the fly which would be challenging.