• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 College Football

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-11-17_9-18-59.png

So, it's MRI now.
Also injured Raekwon Davis, left in the walking boot.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Unfortunately, this injury can have long-term implications even without fracture, as the blood flow to the femoral head can be disrupted leading to avascular necrosis where the bone and then cartilage dies out becomes arthritic. Quick action with reduction will lessen this risk.

It is not exactly the same, but the comparison will inevitably be made to Bo Jackson. He suffered a hip subluxation with a fracture, which ultimately lead to a hip replacement which ended his football career. I am not saying that is the case here for Tagovailoa, but both injuries will undoubtedly be compared.

In my career as a head team physician, I treated an NFL player who dislocated his hip in similar fashion. We were able to successfully reduce the hip on the sidelines, and the player returned in eight weeks and even caught a touchdown pass in his second game back, but he did not play after that year.

We will have to see how this plays out, but this injury will almost certainly affect Tagovailoa’s draft position and possibly his career.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...ury-nfl-career

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
You gotta really feel bad for Tua. I had him pegged as the 1st pick in the draft. Not sure what he should do now. Just take the best medical advuce.

Minnesota lost a yough one. I was hoping they could break the final four. I want AJ Epenesa. He would be our new Suggs for sure. As a passrusher only.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Hate it for Tua, at this point I just hope he recovers enough to not have any issues in life outside of football. Right now for Tua, football should be the last thing on his mind. Wishing him well in recovery, and I think there is a chance he could return for his senior year if he is medically cleared to play as his draft stock basically just took a major hit as we all know teams drop players down the board with injuries.