• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Baltimore Orioles

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I guess the Orioles are the Jaguars of MLB, the team everyone brings up when it comes to relocation rumors. Apparently the Angelo family is eyeing to sell the team. The Orioles lease with Camden Yards is up in 2021 and the rumors of the Orioles moving to Nashville are the newest in the rumor mill that last time said the O's could move to Las Vegas.

https://baltimorepostexaminer.com/n...ocal-buyer-to-step-up-to-the-plate/2019/08/11
Roch Kubatko says that the rumors are 100 percent false, so I don't think there's any reason to worry about them moving.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It's sad seeing this series between the Orioles & Royals. In 2014, the O's & Royals faced off in the ALCS to advance to the World Series. Royals then lost the World Series to the Giants. In 2015, the Royals won the World Series and the Orioles started falling downward. Now in 2019 we have 40 wins, they have 45 wins. Amazing how both teams have fallen so far in 5 short years.

Orioles lead 8-1 heading into the 7th.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Mike Elias is putting his stamp on the team, Orioles have fired 11 scouts and front office personnel.

"There are changes going on in the scouting business in terms of greater availability of information in general, video and data," Elias said. "There are instances where we will replace people's roles kind of man for man, head for head, spot for spot, but there's other instances where we're re configuring the way the scouts go about their business."

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...NXnpqtW13KjW0e3rK_-AReYoocn6nmscpejHUOa1SU5A4

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Roch Kubatko says that the rumors are 100 percent false, so I don't think there's any reason to worry about them moving.

This always floats around when the team is not performing. I have a lot of concerns about the team, but this isn't one of them.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Don't follow baseball. How they doing this season? Everything you hoped for?
giphy.gif

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Honest answer, I had low expectations for this season because of the rebuild. Lots of good to look forward to in the coming years, though. The minor league teams have shown a lot of improvement and there have been some bright spots on the O's to look forward to for next year. Trey Mancini has been good, and then John Means, Hanser Alberto, Anthony Santander, and Pedro Severino have all been pleasant surprises this year.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Austin Hays...... the future of this Club. It will be tough to ride out the rebuild but in the end it will be worth it. Mike Elias is steering this team in the right direction already and it has me excited. Already won three more games than we did last year. We should have blown things up after the playoff loss in the wild card game in 2016 and we might have been a competitive team already if we made the same moves we are making now and made Mike Elias GM back in 2017.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
In the final home game at Camden Yards for the 2019 season, Chris Davis hits the game winning Home Run as the O's win 2-1 over The Mariners. Orioles now finish up the season on the road for the next week.