• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Baltimore Orioles

JO_75

Hall of Famer
EFbyseyW4AAnmd3

Baltimore Orioles @Orioles

“1/2 I was born here, lived here. I’ve always lived downtown to one degree or another. Not only that, but our partnership group is all local people that are heavily invested now and indefinitely in the city and the future of this city, and that’s just real...

2/2 ...The Orioles are a Baltimore institution. The Orioles will be in Baltimore, be in Maryland. That’s the beginning & the end as far as I’m concerned.” - @JohnPAngelos

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
EFbyseyW4AAnmd3

Baltimore Orioles @Orioles

“1/2 I was born here, lived here. I’ve always lived downtown to one degree or another. Not only that, but our partnership group is all local people that are heavily invested now and indefinitely in the city and the future of this city, and that’s just real...

2/2 ...The Orioles are a Baltimore institution. The Orioles will be in Baltimore, be in Maryland. That’s the beginning & the end as far as I’m concerned.” - @JohnPAngelos
I was never worried about those rumors.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well since we got the 2nd pick locked up lets go sweep them Red Sox!!! Go into next year on a winning streak.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

We didn't get the sweep, but I like the way we played that last series. We did not just give in this season. I'm hopeful!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Not sure where to put this but Orioles have traded Jonathan Villar to the Marlins in exchange for LHP Easton Lucas.

Also Orioles are close to getting a deal done that would send Dylan Bundy out of Birdland.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Not sure where to put this but Orioles have traded Jonathan Villar to the Marlins in exchange for LHP Easton Lucas.

Also Orioles are close to getting a deal done that would send Dylan Bundy out of Birdland.
We keep going backwards. A never ending rebuilding.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
We keep going backwards. A never ending rebuilding.
I know this rebuild will take some time but I do see progress. When Elias took over our minor league pitching
left a lot to be desired and pitching is the key to our improvement. In 2019 the pitching on our lower minor
league teams showed great potential. I think we finally have management that can develop pitchers and that will
show in a season or two.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I know this rebuild will take some time but I do see progress. When Elias took over our minor league pitching
left a lot to be desired and pitching is the key to our improvement. In 2019 the pitching on our lower minor
league teams showed great potential. I think we finally have management that can develop pitchers and that will
show in a season or two.
And while I'm disappointed Villar is gone, I understand that paying him ~10 million is not really going to make a difference on how the team does this year. I'd rather see that money used elsewhere to help with the rebuild.

The next draft is supposed to be better with pitching prospects, so I think Elias will be finding more prospects that fit into his vision for the team. I'm really excited for the future.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

They seem to have good potential. I'm a little surprised Elias was able to get 4 players for Bundy.