• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Le'Veon Bell

JAAM

Hall of Famer

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
It would be hard to get excited about any running back until I see how we address our o-line. We certainly are not gaining many yards up the middle with Skura at Center and Hurst/Lewis at Left Guard, even with Bell.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
It would be hard to get excited about any running back until I see how we address our o-line. We certainly are not gaining many yards up the middle with Skura at Center and Hurst/Lewis at Left Guard, even with Bell.

I'm hoping Bozeman will take over one of the two spots. When he played it just seemed like we were better. Skura I think gets too much guff but I don't think he's long term for sure. I'd really like to use our 1st pick on an olineman and I like a lot of the centers ( Jenkins and McCoy my 2 faves ) and I don't think they lasting to our 2nd pick.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Just saw Tavon Young’s agent has a good rapport with DeCosta and that same agent just happens to represent Bell. I don’t care what anyone says, Lamar and Bell in the backfield would be amazing.

Yes, it would be. That said, we better not pay him whatever the fuck it seems like he's looking for. For us to clear cap to invest in an old back who hasn't played in a year. HELL NO!

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol, when put like that, I wouldn't mind him in purple, either.

If the Ravens are gonna pay 15m per for a RB, when you could sign a high end guard AND and decent RB for that number and likely replicate that production, but not pay the most important player on defense basically relegating it middle of the pack, it makes me wonder what Eric is seeing that I just am missing?

He is a very good RB, but you can get a good one for 20% of the cost and make the OLine elite with the rest of the money.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
on the idea of leveon bell... i think character concerns should be large for most teams, how dedicated will he be once he gets his money? will he have lazy offseasons resulting in nagging injuries? will he stay out of trouble? stay off the weed? keep his head in the playbook and give max effort on the field? all of these are big concerns for me, but as the steelers biggest rival, i think its much less of a concern than literally any other team.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
on the idea of leveon bell... i think character concerns should be large for most teams, how dedicated will he be once he gets his money? will he have lazy offseasons resulting in nagging injuries? will he stay out of trouble? stay off the weed? keep his head in the playbook and give max effort on the field? all of these are big concerns for me, but as the steelers biggest rival, i think its much less of a concern than literally any other team.

he's only made 16m in his career in cash because he didnt get the 14m for last year

i think he'll be pretty motivated to prove he's motivated to teams (if that makes sense) because in the grand scheme of things its crazy that a player of his incredible talent has only made 16m so far in his career

Simba

Staff Member
I still question how Le'Veon fits if we actually do go that route. He's so patient as a runner and I'm not convinced that complements Lamar's explosion. As a pass catcher though? I'll take him in a heartbeat. His ability out of the backfield could really open up this offense.

If the Ravens are gonna pay 15m per for a RB, when you could sign a high end guard AND and decent RB for that number and likely replicate that production, but not pay the most important player on defense basically relegating it middle of the pack, it makes me wonder what Eric is seeing that I just am missing?

He is a very good RB, but you can get a good one for 20% of the cost and make the OLine elite with the rest of the money.
We have more than enough to sign CJ and bell... we have about 30M right now including the flacco trade and the tenders, this is before we could do something with jimmy as well

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
We have more than enough to sign CJ and bell... we have about 30M right now including the flacco trade and the tenders, this is before we could do something with jimmy as well

But they also need to find a real center, replace Weddle with a real FS, and if possible a new starting guard and 8m is needed to sign draft picks.