• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Le'Veon Bell

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ll be excited and worried if we sign bell lol

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
If the Ravens are gonna pay 15m per for a RB, when you could sign a high end guard AND and decent RB for that number and likely replicate that production, but not pay the most important player on defense basically relegating it middle of the pack, it makes me wonder what Eric is seeing that I just am missing?

He is a very good RB, but you can get a good one for 20% of the cost and make the OLine elite with the rest of the money.
Yeah. I just liked that tweet but am mostly kidding on Bell for that kind of money.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I still question how Le'Veon fits if we actually do go that route. He's so patient as a runner and I'm not convinced that complements Lamar's explosion. As a pass catcher though? I'll take him in a heartbeat. His ability out of the backfield could really open up this offense.

i mean his patient style is him making use of his incredible agility in the hole to let blocks take form and then get downhill - that doesnt go away in the ravens scheme and its no like hes alex collins style bouncing runs outside repeatedly

its easy to forget just how nimble and shifty leveon bell is because we're so used to seeing him as a work horse and is mostly contained when the ravens play him

Simba

Staff Member
i mean his patient style is him making use of his incredible agility in the hole to let blocks take form and then get downhill - that doesnt go away in the ravens scheme and its no like hes alex collins style bouncing runs outside repeatedly

its easy to forget just how nimble and shifty leveon bell is because we're so used to seeing him as a work horse and is mostly contained when the ravens play him

I just think a guy who is more of a downhill runner is a better fit. I think he can work in a read option type of offense, but I’m not convinced it’s his best fit if that makes sense.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just think a guy who is more of a downhill runner is a better fit. I think he can work in a read option type of offense, but I’m not convinced it’s his best fit if that makes sense.

Give me mark ingram for half the cost. And better fit.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i mean he's been in a power offence his entire career and by the end of last year we were hardly running any option plays at all - we were running hard power right over and over and over

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Give me mark ingram for half the cost. And better fit.
i dont see what ingram brings that dixon doesnt, other than less threat as a receiver and maybe more availability(which could be a stretch since hes a bit older and hasnt been completely healthy himself)

i dont see what ingram brings that dixon doesnt, other than less threat as a receiver and maybe more availability(which could be a stretch since hes a bit older and hasnt been completely healthy himself)
Think the exact same, if we aren’t going to sign Bell(which is fine) go for someone like Tevin Coleman who brings an element we don’t already have

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
There is this thing called the draft that we usually nail our oline picks on lol

You REALLY do not want to start a rookie center and the one quality that you want to replace in the FS is that they need to be high football IQ which is going to be hard to find in a rookie. You can draft Yanda's eventual replacement and the starting LG in the draft, can draft some DLine studs and pass rushing talent which is all everyone talks about with this draft, can even draft some nice corners who can probably be plug and play, but certain positions you want veterans or you want to be able to scheme around them as a rookie.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Potential Bell update:

Drew Forrester on twitter: One #Ravens source says to me "Bell's more interested in the #Ravens than the other way around." My guess is he would LOVE to stick it to the Steelers twice a year. But not sure the #Ravens want to cough up that much $$$ to a RB.

I wouldn't want to cough up a lot of money for a RB either.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You REALLY do not want to start a rookie center and the one quality that you want to replace in the FS is that they need to be high football IQ which is going to be hard to find in a rookie. You can draft Yanda's eventual replacement and the starting LG in the draft, can draft some DLine studs and pass rushing talent which is all everyone talks about with this draft, can even draft some nice corners who can probably be plug and play, but certain positions you want veterans or you want to be able to scheme around them as a rookie.
Would you take a rookie C like Jenkins over skura though? Because I would...

Also Nasir Adderley is an extremely high iq single high safety, he legitimately looks like he could be the next earl thomas and I simply do not see him being a bust and that’s because he is clearly a very smart safety, and I wouldn’t mind a bit if we took him at 22

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I have this really strong suspicion that bell lands here. Idk what it is but I really feel like it’s gonna happen

ALI624

Pro Bowler
I have this really strong suspicion that bell lands here. Idk what it is but I really feel like it’s gonna happen
Does feel like a definite possibility. Would be both exciting and nerve wracking for me.

Simba

Staff Member

I’ve been largely on the doubtful side, but there’s always been a part of me that thought DeCosta might want to make his introduction by making a big splash. I still lean more towards doubtful, but I certainly wouldn’t discount the possibility. I think it’s very real.

Last edited:

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Any chance Bell takes a discount to come here for a year and stick it to the Steelers, and then get his payday next year? Probably not?