• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DUMP THREAD V.9: SZN OVER

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
@rossihunter2 isn't wrong though. The US separated Church and State back in 1833. This pushes everything back to the states to impose their will on the vast majority who are against this ruling. We are absolutely stepping back into the 50s with this ruling and what is next.....this is just the beginning.
I disagree. Abortion is not protected by the US Constitution. We are a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy. This Ruling should never have taken this long. Abortion is a 10th Amendment issue.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I disagree. Abortion is not a protected by the US Constitution. We are a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy. This Ruling should have never have never taken this long. Abortion is a 10th Amendment issue.
you can disagree all you want, but this was a right and was just taken away and a lot more will come from this civil liberty being taken away. We just stepped back over 50 years, way before when Roe v Wade. I'm libertarian and I believe in the right to choose. Men should not be making these decisions and if Men were the ones that carried babies we wouldn't be having these discussions.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I disagree. Abortion is not protected by the US Constitution. We are a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy. This Ruling should never have taken this long. Abortion is a 10th Amendment issue.

you do realise that in many religions, abortion is not just allowed, but in certain situations it is actively mandated

apart from all the moral reasons this is an awful ruling, it allows states to literally impinge on the freedom of religion of people within their borders which im pretty sure is in violation of the 1st amendment of your beloved constitution...

why is it "my body my choice" with regards to covid vaccines but not the same when it comes to women's bodies...

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
you can disagree all you want, but this was a right and was just taken away and a lot more will come from this civil liberty being taken away. We just stepped back over 50 years, way before when Roe v Wade. I'm libertarian and I believe in the right to choose. Men should not be making these decisions and if Men were the ones that carried babies we wouldn't be having these discussions.
I respect your opinion, that doesn’t mean your opinion is correct when it applies to constitutional law.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
you do realise that in many religions, abortion is not just allowed, but in certain situations it is actively mandated

apart from all the moral reasons this is an awful ruling, it allows states to literally impinge on the freedom of religion of people within their borders which im pretty sure is in violation of the 1st amendment of your beloved constitution...

why is it "my body my choice" with regards to covid vaccines but not the same when it comes to women's bodies...
Dont think anyone can disagree with this!!!

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

I am pro vaccine. I couldn’t get the vaccine fast enough and even had a booster. I am also a fundamental bible believing Baptist Christian, and thought you could be a lot less radically offensive in this debate.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I respect your opinion, that doesn’t mean your opinion is correct when it applies to constitutional law.

the Fourteenth Amendment to the United

On January 22, 1973, the Supreme Court issued a 7–2 decision holding that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides a fundamental "right to privacy", which protects a pregnant woman's right to an abortion.

Amazingly both republicans and democrats voted for this issue back then. This country is on a slippery slope falling back in the dark ages.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

I disagree with your opinion, but respect your right to disagree with our Supreme Court. I think the extreme leftists, by pushing abortions up until time of birth, sparked this ruling. Most all European countries ban abortion past 15weeks, except for very limited conditions. We have pushed far past that in this country. For the record, the majority of Americans are AGAINST that.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
the Fourteenth Amendment to the United

On January 22, 1973, the Supreme Court issued a 7–2 decision holding that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides a fundamental "right to privacy", which protects a pregnant woman's right to an abortion.

Amazingly both republicans and democrats voted for this issue back then. This country is on a slippery slope falling back in the dark ages.
A privacy right to have an abortion has no foundation in the text or history of the Constitution. Roe v. Wade locates a pregnant woman's "constitutional" right of privacy to decide whether or not to abort her child either "in the Fourteenth Amendment's concept of personal liberty ..., as we feel it is, or ... in the Ninth Amendment's reservation of rights to the people."

The Court does not even make a pretense of examining the intent of the drafters of the Fourteenth Amendment, to determine if it was meant to protect a privacy interest in abortion. Clearly it was not. The Fourteenth Amendment was not intended to create any new rights, but to secure to all persons, notably including freed slaves and their descendants, the rights and liberties already guaranteed by the Constitution.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
@rossihunter2 isn't wrong though. The US separated Church and State back in 1833. This pushes everything back to the states to impose their will on the vast majority who are against this ruling. We are absolutely stepping back into the 50s with this ruling and what is next.....this is just the beginning.
That goes both ways tho. Taxpayer funded and why should it be?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I personally think it's hilarious. Now they feel the fear men do when they're trapped. Not fun when the rabbit has the gun.

I'll let myself out

Biff Tannen

Practice Squad
I personally think it's hilarious. Now they feel the fear men do when they're trapped. Not fun when the rabbit has the gun.

I'll let myself out
Wtf? And yes please do.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I disagree with your opinion, but respect your right to disagree with our Supreme Court. I think the extreme leftists, by pushing abortions up until time of birth, sparked this ruling. Most all European countries ban abortion past 15weeks, except for very limited conditions. We have pushed far past that in this country. For the record, the majority of Americans are AGAINST that.

and this is the point at which i know you actually don't know how abortion works anywhere in the world including in your own country

no one is aborting "viable" foetuses except in cases of risk to the mother's life or severe risk to health of the mother, severe mental or physical abnormalities in the foetus or in medical emergency...

you've clearly been watching propaganda to come to this opinion

you're also completely wrong about abortion bans in european countries... almost all countries in the EU and Eastern Europe legislate abortions are allowed up until 17 weeks at the least... and in enforceable terms (based in loose readings of mental health stipulations in laws) their bans are actually much laxer even than that... the UK is even later than the rest of europe at 24 weeks

the US followed similar principles regarding ban lengths after roe vs wade as the UK did - rules based in viability... so you are wrong to say you "have pushed far past that as a country"