• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Earl Thomas and Mark Ingram

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
first and foremost. Harbaugh saying that is overblown is just Harbaugh being Harbaugh. Of course it matters who is calling the plays in the defense. Second we aren't the only defense in the league that cares about those things. Trust me on that one.

We aren't saying Weddle or CJ for that matter are smarter than Suggs because they called the plays. It is normally the ILB or S than calls the plays.
I think Jefferson ends up with the green dot, and I think he’s underperformed based on his contract but I think 2019 is a make or break year and I think he has a great year and keeps the green dot long term

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think Jefferson ends up with the green dot, and I think he’s underperformed based on his contract but I think 2019 is a make or break year and I think he has a great year and keeps the green dot long term
Jefferson seems like the best option, be interesting to see how he is used with ET in centerfield.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jefferson seems like the best option, be interesting to see how he is used with ET in centerfield.
He’s not great at zone pickups because he’s always being aggressive and gets caught flat footed a lot, but other than that he’s a really high iq player, I think with him likely getting to almost abandon deep zone drops with ET back there he’s gonna be in the box a lot more, and be in a great position to scan the field and call plays. Overall I think he’s gonna take off this year and become a staple to our defense

rossihunter2

Staff Member

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This is just great ... many like to talk about how we don’t get love in the national media and I tend to agree but nobody loves us quite like Pete Schrager

Ravens Mobile: Schrager: Dear Earl, You're Gonna Love Baltimore
https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/schrager-dear-earl-you-re-gonna-love-baltimore-old
Peter schrager is one of the best young analysts out there, and he just so happens to RIDE for the ravens and he makes it no secret. GMFB has actually turned out to be a really good show in general, I just wish Nate burleson would stop with his goddamn long ass metaphors and having to give everything a nickname

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Peter schrager is one of the best young analysts out there, and he just so happens to RIDE for the ravens and he makes it no secret. GMFB has actually turned out to be a really good show in general, I just wish Nate burleson would stop with his goddamn long ass metaphors and having to give everything a nickname
And it also helps when you get to see this every day:

1MA6Caf.jpg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I mean kay is awesome - looks have nothing to do with it
I agree I actually like hearing her takes, she’s got a good personality for sports tv, I think she’s way better than any of the others like joy Taylor or the girl from the Whitlock or skip/Shannon show

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I agree I actually like hearing her takes, she’s got a good personality for sports tv, I think she’s way better than any of the others like joy Taylor or the girl from the Whitlock or skip/Shannon show

i think kay adams and colleen wolfe are probably the 2 best nfl anchors at the moment - andrew siciliano's pretty good too and scott hanson is great on redzone but i think adams and wolfe are probably the best working at the moment as hosts...

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
i think kay adams and colleen wolfe are probably the 2 best nfl anchors at the moment - andrew siciliano's pretty good too and scott hanson is great on redzone but i think adams and wolfe are probably the best working at the moment as hosts...
Hanson is pretty cool, but Sciliano is the fucking GOAT on Red Zone (just my two cents).

I mean kay is awesome - looks have nothing to do with it
It’s nice to see when a sport show selects a woman who has meaningful things to say and can effectively orchestrate a discussion panel and isn’t just there cause she’s easy on the eyes. If I watch a sports show it’s for content, not because there is a hot chic on it.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not enamored with either of these signings. Very uneasy about Thomas and not that impressed with Ingram

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I'm not enamored with either of these signings. Very uneasy about Thomas and not that impressed with Ingram
Even as someone who didn't want to sign a RB. Ingram for that price is a good contract and a perfect scheme fit. Might damn near have a career year here next to Lamar. We need to get ourselves a LG or C(whichever Bozeman doesn't play next year) but it's fine to me. That's an identity move. And so is Thomas

As for Thomas. Why? I get that you're worried the defense system is changed, but the Seattle defense was really effective, made a hall of fame career out of it thus far. It's a shot in the arm the defense needed and an enormous upgrade from a declining Weddle. Our defense thrived not because of a complicated system, but because we had significant intelligence and great communication. Thomas not only replaces Weddle in both regards, but is probably a smarter player and is a good communicator himself. He had that reputation in Seattle, and can handle any defense you throw him into.

Even then Thomas is a guy you build a secondary around, not one you jam him into. And when healthy his game has no weaknesses. His tackling is the weakest part of his game, but even then compared to most other safeties he's considerably better.