• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Earl Thomas and Mark Ingram

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Even as someone who didn't want to sign a RB. Ingram for that price is a good contract and a perfect scheme fit. Might damn near have a career year here next to Lamar. We need to get ourselves a LG or C(whichever Bozeman doesn't play next year) but it's fine to me. That's an identity move. And so is Thomas

As for Thomas. Why? I get that you're worried the defense system is changed, but the Seattle defense was really effective, made a hall of fame career out of it thus far. It's a shot in the arm the defense needed and an enormous upgrade from a declining Weddle. Our defense thrived not because of a complicated system, but because we had significant intelligence and great communication. Thomas not only replaces Weddle in both regards, but is probably a smarter player and is a good communicator himself. He had that reputation in Seattle, and can handle any defense you throw him into.

Even then Thomas is a guy you build a secondary around, not one you jam him into. And when healthy his game has no weaknesses. His tackling is the weakest part of his game, but even then compared to most other safeties he's considerably better.
What is it about the Thomas signing that makes you feel unsure?

I felt similarly about the potential of signing Ingram until I saw the numbers tbf
I'm uneasy about the player as it regards his injury history but more specifically as it pertains to the contract. It felt forced and rather ham handed in that even Thomas was surprised we threw that amount of money at him along with the contract duration.

The injury history concerns me. He's a great player and I'm hopeful it works but he has broken his leg (the same leg) twice in the past three seasons.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm uneasy about the player as it regards his injury history but more specifically as it pertains to the contract. It felt forced and rather ham handed in that even Thomas was surprised we threw that amount of money at him along with the contract duration.

The injury history concerns me. He's a great player and I'm hopeful it works but he has broken his leg (the same leg) twice in the past three seasons.
A broken bone just doesn’t concern me much unless it’s those micro bones, like a lisfranc. I can’t help but feel like it’s a coincidental pair of freak injuries unless he’s got a calcium deficiency or some shit lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
D22eTNuX4AAXVdy.jpg:large

Mark Ingram is huge for this team. Not just as a talented back and a perfect scheme fit, but he's the heart and soul of that locker room right now. You look all around Ravens social media and it's videos of Ingram having fun, raising morale, and hyping up his teammates. He's just team spirit in human form and I'm so glad we got him.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Mark Ingram is huge for this team. Not just as a talented back and a perfect scheme fit, but he's the heart and soul of that locker room right now. You look all around Ravens social media and it's videos of Ingram having fun, raising morale, and hyping up his teammates. He's just team spirit in human form and I'm so glad we got him.
Initially, I wasn't excited when he signed him, but then I quickly came to my senses. Ever since the first preseason game, I knew right then he'd be a dope fit for us. We went from Rice to Forsett to West and Dixon to Collins to Gus to Ingram and Gus (and LJ).