• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What will the Ravens do at the 22nd pick in Round 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Same here brother. I just need us to draft a good IOL to avoid any stress and I'll be super happy. I can almost already said EDC had an insane offseason. I'm a fan.

It’s exactly what I hoped he’d be as a gm - not blowing up the way the ravens do things but developing our strategies on team building - a little like how wink took our existing defensive scheme and redeveloped it around the nfl’s current existence and the players we had on the roster

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
It’s wild that we’ve already drafted as many wrs in the first 3 rounds for Lamar as we did the whole of flacco’s ravens career
But Boykin is just another Darren Waller remember?
Give me a break. I mean I cared about the trade at first, but when you have a guy who's already a pretty good player display that kind of athletic upside, you take him 10/10 times

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Give me a break. I mean I cared about the trade at first, but when you have a guy who's already a pretty good player display that kind of athletic upside, you take him 10/10 times

It’s not just speed in a straight line either - he’s a big wr who went sub 6.8 in the 3 come and has an incredible overall RAS score too

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

Couldn't agree more. Just wait. I don't think I'm drinking the Kool aid unnecessarily, but watch Boykin outproduce Crabtree and watch Hollywood outproduce John Brown in both yards and touchdowns this year. If Ferguson can just roughly fill in for Zadarius, then we've improved everywhere except for the loss of CJ. Plus Lamar is going to be a lot better. Gotta get him one more OL upgrade and I think we're a competitive AF team

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ben Powers, TJ Edwards, CGJ, Bryce Love, and Myles Gaskin are the guys i want the most out of today.

Preferably CGJ and Love even though they dont fill great needs i just have a crush on both players lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ben Powers, TJ Edwards, CGJ, Bryce Love, and Myles Gaskin are the guys i want the most out of today.

Preferably CGJ and Love even though they dont fill great needs i just have a crush on both players lol
i literally came on this thread to say that all is forgiven from me if they fuck around and get the steal of the draft with chauncey gardner johnson in the fourth lol. easily my favorite player left on the board, my guess is that the pros see issues with harmon and butler that are absolutely real and reason to avoid them, but you cant tell me CGJ belongs on day 3, depending on who you ask he may have been the all around most talented/safest db in this very strong class.

we have 3 fourth rounders, and im REALLY hoping we are able to walk away with at least one IOL, and one of those fallers. landing a faller in CGJ or oruwariye on top of a beau or phil haynes and im looking at this draft in a whole new light

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Feels doubtful that we take another WR in this draft. However if we get an iOL pick with our first fourth, I really don't care what we do with the rest. Could be interesting to draft Gaskin or Butler if they are there at the end of the fourth. Honestly willing to give up that last 6th to secure Beau

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
We can kill this fourth round.
Beau Benzschuwel and Trayveon Williams are two of my favorite players. Christian Miller, Anthony Nelson and Deandre Walker are still on the board. Julian Love Im guessing will be a pick. tons of WR and quality DTackle .... Mack Wilson...we should be able to nail day three.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
We can kill this fourth round.
Beau Benzschuwel and Trayveon Williams are two of my favorite players. Christian Miller, Anthony Nelson and Deandre Walker are still on the board. Julian Love Im guessing will be a pick. tons of WR and quality DTackle .... Mack Wilson...we should be able to nail day three.

Do we need to move up for Beau

Hate to say it but the Steelers have had one hell of a draft so far. Justin Layne is a perfect zone corner in their scheme. Diontae Johnson was probably overdrafted but they didn’t want to risk losing him. He’s a great player though

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
ive changed up slightly on boykin. ive noticed hes got a lot of subtleties in his game that i didnt notice before. his jab steps are great and sudden with no wasted motions or false steps, and hes a big body guy that doesnt struggle to get off press which is rare, thanks to his giraffe neck arms and skilled hand fighting. what worries me is that hes got a few tools in his bag that looks like he should have more separation, but he isnt... hes got a few nice moves in his route tree but he constantly stays covered regardless...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Hate to say it but the Steelers have had one hell of a draft so far. Justin Layne is a perfect zone corner in their scheme. Diontae Johnson was probably overdrafted but they didn’t want to risk losing him. He’s a great player though
diontae johnson absoluely was not overdrafted. if he came out of bama hes a top 10 pick.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You guys are kicking our butts so far in your draft.
darnell savage is a monster, your secondary is entirely revamped in 2 years, packers have been drafting REALLY smart overall, but i dont like rashan gary not one bit... but jaire alexander, josh jackson, darnell savage, the smith bros, you guys are looking good on defense

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
It’s exactly what I hoped he’d be as a gm - not blowing up the way the ravens do things but developing our strategies on team building - a little like how wink took our existing defensive scheme and redeveloped it around the nfl’s current existence and the players we had on the roster
I didn't really expect any changes in philosophy. I love how he's going back to building this team through the draft, extending the right players for the right price, letting others get overpaid (and prosper with comp picks), then upgrade with a few Pro Bowlers. He talked about having a sound and healthy salary cap and he wasn't lying.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Skill set is there in terms of value he was overdrafted
cant really say that, hes a small school guy with maybe the best looking skill set in the entire class, so the value could vary widely, 2 years ago corey davis couldve been anywhere from top 10 to early 2nd round, thats what happens with smaller school guys and media grades. for me, its safe to say that if the steelers valued him enough to take him early in the third, then he was likely going in the third regardless as thats where his value lied for pro teams.

and for me, im one to say to hell with the "consensus" value. diontae johnson had round 1 film, and small school status destroying his stock. if his skill set is good enough for round 3 then idk why his value wouldnt be there as well