• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Perriman and WR Hype

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
And I'm sure you would have drafted.... uh... hm.... or signed.... oh, wait... well.... or hey, we could always have traded for.... hmmm, this isn't as easy as it sounds...
rekgn3.gif

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
And I'm sure you would have drafted.... uh... hm.... or signed.... oh, wait... well.... or hey, we could always have traded for.... hmmm, this isn't as easy as it sounds...
But don't you know. Derek Carr totally had best QB in the league written all over him! Mariota and Winston were guarenteed studs. Under my GM master class I would have brought in.

Aaron Donald
Derek Carr
Trai Turner
Martavis Bryant
Quincy Enuwa
Seantrel Henderson in 2014
Landon Collins
Frank Clark
David Johnson
and Grady Jarret in 2015
2016 and 2017 I approve of. Except I'd pick Myles Jack over Correa(not a joke)

Wait... Now I have to pay all those guys? Including the bonafide franchise QB and few defensive studs?

Welp. I'm fucked.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I bet Ozzie still has a say in the amount of money and the length. I'd imagine it's Pat Moriarty doing the details of offset language, clauses, etc. that go into actually making it a contract.

oh yeah nothing is gonna happen without ozzie oking it but i bet you that pat is doing the bulk of the negotiating with the agents knowing the maximum number he can go to and it seems he's been rinsed a few times by the agents - pat also probably has a lot of input on the offset language, the actual negotiating skill etc - he's been the common denominator on some contracts that have put the ravens in bad positions with no offset language, no injury clauses or lots of dead money etc. - not sure how much is on him but a lot of our earlier contracts seemed like they were structured better (part of that might have been down to the cba but im not sure it can all be attributed there)

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
not to nitpick but how are the ravens getting these 2?

donald went before we picked and carr went before our 2nd round pick so unless we didnt pick donald in the first (which we couldnt anyway) then we cant get carr...
I'd obviously move future capital..
And potentially shoot myself in the foot in the long run.

But this GM thing is so easy.. It's just like Madden

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly, Steve Smith and Derrick Mason as aging veterans were better than Wallace , Maclin
and Perriman have been for us.
Perriman, well is there anyone here other than Joeyflex that doesnt think this guy is a bust?

The Greek

Veteran
jarvis landry would be a fool to come to a team that would impede his progress. only way he comes here is if there is a new hc and oc in place

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Honestly, Steve Smith and Derrick Mason as aging veterans were better than Wallace , Maclin
and Perriman have been for us.
Perriman, well is there anyone here other than Joeyflex that doesnt think this guy is a bust?
I’m still willing to give him the last year of his contract.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
jarvis landry would be a fool to come to a team that would impede his progress. only way he comes here is if there is a new hc and oc in place

landry also isnt as good a receiver as his numbers suggest - he's a guy who you have to manufacture touches for and scheme into open space to do the most damage to teams - certainly hes a good piece to have but he shouldnt be a big money free agent signing and be expected to come in and revitalise an offence as a number 1/2 receiver which is what will inevitably happen

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mili you really need to stop holding back, say what you really mean. lol

You've known me through these boards for a few years now bro.

You know how I get when I'm pissed about our team. Right now, I'm so sick of this
:poop:. The least these BUMS of ours could do is to compete. But they don't! They luck up late in games to even score TD's.

No excuses to be made for them and none to be accepted by me.

They need to just blow up this :poop: team! Start over! DAMN! :mad:

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
But don't you know. Derek Carr totally had best QB in the league written all over him! Mariota and Winston were guarenteed studs. Under my GM master class I would have brought in.

Aaron Donald
Derek Carr
Trai Turner
Martavis Bryant
Quincy Enuwa
Seantrel Henderson in 2014
Landon Collins
Frank Clark
David Johnson
and Grady Jarret in 2015
2016 and 2017 I approve of. Except I'd pick Myles Jack over Correa(not a joke)

Wait... Now I have to pay all those guys? Including the bonafide franchise QB and few defensive studs?

Welp. I'm fucked.

Of course u can't sign them all. But you do get more draft picks every year to replace ones you don't sign

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Don't get all this hindsight 20/20 nonsense. Hindsight is their job. To pick players and sign players that will look good in hindsight. When Matt Millen was fired. Would it of saved his job to say you have the benefit of hindsight judging me. How was I to know Ware was going to be a hall of famer and mike Williams a bust??
And feel like he is fired for not being Nostradamus. That's an idea clone him and make Nostradamus the next GM.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I would really like us to pick up Andrew Norwell more than anything in the offseason. The guy is only 25 and one of the best. Throw 50 million for 5 years at him and hope. That would be more useful than anything we could do. Resign Jensen, and that line is straight up nasty. I mean abustle dominance across the line. That could leave room for us to take a legit WR or RB in the draft. Also, maybe KEY or Landry. Suggs is gone likely next year and we apply no pressure.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I might be the only person who hasn’t given up on Perriman. I just want one completely healthy offseason from him. Next year is his make or break year.