• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Perriman and WR Hype

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
How is it that Perriman cannot at the very least, be Torry Smith?

Have we managed even one connection behind a defender in a season and a half?
I can't recall.

Torry had three touchdowns getting behind a defender in one game....in his rookie season.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
How is it that Perriman cannot at the very least, be Torry Smith?

Have we managed even one connection behind a defender in a season and a half?
I can't recall.

Torry had three touchdowns getting behind a defender in one game....in his rookie season.
I can’t stick up for Perriman anymore. He and Maxx were wastes of a pick.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can’t stick up for Perriman anymore. He and Maxx were wastes of a pick.

I agree they are wasted picks, but it is mostly because Maxx has been injured and Perriman has been incorrectly used in this offense.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't care if you're usain bolt.

If you can't catch or run routes and mentally weak you are not going to be any factor in the NFL

I said after the draft we basically used a 1st round pick on an great athelete but rubbish football player

In his second year, he showed you jump ball ability, body control to make very tough catches (Browns, Redskins that was called back, and Bengals come to mind) and also the speed against the Dolphins. Now the issue is the game planning and what we are doing to get him open. This year, some of the catches that he was asked to make in traffic was asking for trouble. He was wide open against the steelers and the ball was terribly thrown. The same goes for the int that got him knocked out of the game.

How is possible that with all his speed the ball never seems to find him in open space to allow those legs to get moving? That falls on game planning and as a coordinator what are you doing to get the most out of your players. I do not believe that this currently version of the staff is getting the most out of what we have and instead we are trying to play a brand of football that does not suite us.

It is that simple, we have a big arm QB that is averaging less than 180 yards a game? Even if Perriman was a legit #1, does it change the actual throws being made?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Breshad deserves another chance, but I'm not sure how he can be worked in when he returns. Maybe he needs a situation for a while where there's less pressure to perform. I don't know where/when that is, may not be in Bmore. After so much hype about how much he had improved in the off season 4 catches from 18 targets is pretty telling.

Damn right it is! It's "telling" us that he is pure TRASH! A straight up BUM!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need to get to FA's next year and they are

Jarvis Landry
Andrew Norwell

Draft
Q.Nelson

O line
2nd round tackle.

Stanley,Norwell,Yanda , Nelson, 2nd round RT

put alex collins behind that line and see what happens.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need to get to FA's next year and they are

Jarvis Landry
Andrew Norwell

Draft
Q.Nelson

O line
2nd round tackle.

Stanley,Norwell,Yanda , Nelson, 2nd round RT

put alex collins behind that line and see what happens.

What about Dixon (if he can stay healthy and stop getting suspended...)?

Landry would be a great pick-up. I've always liked him and feel that he's underappreciated on the Dolphins.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
btw, i dont want anyone here saying they would be pissed if i was GM

would you be pissed with that O line which i would fork out for? and Draft Q.nelson?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dixon and Alex collins can share snaps

with that O line which i would put together they would both be effective

I am still stuck on how little we use Alex Collins. It's as if we DON'T want to find a gem. God forbid he ends up being better than anybody else we have and that includes the potential in Dixon

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am still stuck on how little we use Alex Collins. It's as if we DON'T want to find a gem. God forbid he ends up being better than anybody else we have and that includes the potential in Dixon

Harbaugh is probably afraid of him turning the ball over. That's my only guess as to why he doesn't have more carries. Harbaugh needs to grow some balls and realize that our offense is trash any way and to give the kid a chance. So what if he fumbles? Flacco averages a pick per game and doesn't get benched...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
btw, i dont want anyone here saying they would be pissed if i was GM

would you be pissed with that O line which i would fork out for? and Draft Q.nelson?
Lol. Seriously, you must think being GM is an easy job.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
And I'm glad you know how to negotiate those contracts and lure players from their other teams.

Hahahahah taking into account how bad ozzie has been with those contracts I'll wager YES

i also wouldnt have extended flacco and eaten the cap and made it clear he was on probation. We'd be littered with cap space. Would have kept KO and Wagner and Let B.Will and his poor mans damon harrison act walk.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Hahahahah taking into account how bad ozzie has been with those contracts I'll wager YES

i also wouldnt have extended flacco and eaten the cap and made it clear he was on probation. We'd be littered with cap space. Would have kept KO and Wagner and Let B.Will and his poor mans damon harrison act walk.
I'm so glad that you can guarantee these things with 20/20 hindsight and zero experience negotiating a contract.