• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Perriman and WR Hype

Tank

Hall of Famer
So, is Perriman officially a bust? Is Wallace going to finish the season strong? Will Maclin and Campanero stay on the field for more than a game at a time? Will Moore step up? Will Adeboyejo get a shot?

WTH is going on in WR land?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So, is Perriman officially a bust? Is Wallace going to finish the season strong? Will Maclin and Campanero stay on the field for more than a game at a time? Will Moore step up? Will Adeboyejo get a shot?

I believe Perriman will be on the field soon. It’s not like Moore has done much with his time on the field. I’d like to see Adeboyejo have an opportunity as well. I haven’t given up on Perriman yer, but he very well could end up being a bust. I believe this season makes it very difficult to evaluate him since he didn’t have many opportunities. He was coming on strong last season though.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Adeboyejo is dealing with a knee injury he suffered in pre season, but reportedly he is getting healthier.

I believe Perriman will be on the field soon. It’s not like Moore has done much with his time on the field. I’d like to see Adeboyejo have an opportunity as well. I haven’t given up on Perriman yer, but he very well could end up being a bust. I believe this season makes it very difficult to evaluate him since he didn’t have many opportunities. He was coming on strong last season though.
Yeah - I believe he'll be on the field soon too ... if there was a better option, he would continue to be inactive - but as you say, there isn't. I have to say, I've given up on him - in that I have absolutely zero expectation now of him ever being an impact player for us.

I don't think the team has given up on him ... but they have to be getting close. Another question is whether Flacco has given up on him. If Flacco thinks, bad things seem to happen when I throw him the ball ... he's not going to get many targets.

WR position is a massive problem going forward. Currently, we have exactly 1 effective WR and he's not exactly a world beater and isn't reliably healthy. I think Wallace can be periodically effective, but looking forward to next year - how do we fill that gaping hole? We can't bring in anyone of note because of our cap.

It would be a godsend if Perriman could suddenly present himself as a viable option for this team next year, but that is looking increasingly like a pipe-dream. If he doesn't (which is the prohibitive odds on scenario) I don't see anyway around picking going high in the draft on the position and going with multiple selections at that position. Given our history, that's not a thrilling prospect.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
WR position is a massive problem going forward. Currently, we have exactly 1 effective WR and he's not exactly a world beater and isn't reliably healthy. I think Wallace can be periodically effective, but looking forward to next year - how do we fill that gaping hole? We can't bring in anyone of note because of our cap.

It would be a godsend if Perriman could suddenly present himself as a viable option for this team next year, but that is looking increasingly like a pipe-dream. If he doesn't (which is the prohibitive odds on scenario) I don't see anyway around picking going high in the draft on the position and going with multiple selections at that position. Given our history, that's not a thrilling prospect.
Tim White anyone

Tank

Hall of Famer

IDK, I think as long as we remain in the hunt for the tournament and Maclin, Wallace and Camp remain healthy and productive Perriman sits. He doesn’t play special teams, generally failed to get separation and had untimely, drive killing drops. I hate to say it but he just doesn’t look repairable.

I think I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that Adeboyejo was close to being ready to roll.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
IDK, I think as long as we remain in the hunt for the tournament and Maclin, Wallace and Camp remain healthy and productive Perriman sits. He doesn’t play special teams, generally failed to get separation and had untimely, drive killing drops. I hate to say it but he just doesn’t look repairable.

I think I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that Adeboyejo was close to being ready to roll.

well he'll be there ready for the offseason and training camp then but it doesnt really help us at this point

Tank

Hall of Famer

I agree it’s a huge issue, but I think the cap may be betterthan younanticipate in 18. And there’s always the chance we pick up a beast in the draft. And yes, there’s also the outside chance BP turns it around.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i mean maybe he can get promoted but he's not been able to practice much at all and we havent seen any evidence that hes quantifiably better than chris moore for example
No, we definitely haven’t, but it would be nice to have a healthy alternative none of the less.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
his best bet for promotion was when all the wrs were injured but apparently he was injured as well so he wasnt back to full health yet - if it happened again he might get brought up
I agree, he’s obviously not ready yet. Still recovering

K-Dog

MVP
I am not saying bust yet but it sure looks like it. Meaning I can't give you any reason to think otherwise. That said, he isn't going anywhere. He will be a Raven in 2018.

I have made no secret I am a Camp fan. I am well aware of his reliability, I am not blind to that. I think when he is on he is great. I think any contracts in the future will keep both those factors in mind.

I think Wallace and Macklin will be the stars to close out the season. I would like to see them stick around for a coupla' more years.