• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Perriman and WR Hype

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
The amount of great players we passed on in 2010 was beyond sickening. terrence cody was never going to be a good player and for some reason ozzie couldnt resist drafting a slow, fat slob.

I'm not sure if Cody downfall was due to injury or just performance. The last time he was a full time starter The Ravens run defense was ranked 3rd overall in 2011. In 2012 and 2013 he dealt with injuries and had trouble staying healthy.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I know Maclin has played outside a lot but I do feel like the best three receivers on the field would be Maclin, Wallace, and Perriman. Maclin would be the only one with really some slot experience and he has that ability to get open there. I am really excited for the Ravens offense this year. I really do hope Woodhead opens up that offense more.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know Maclin has played outside a lot but I do feel like the best three receivers on the field would be Maclin, Wallace, and Perriman. Maclin would be the only one with really some slot experience and he has that ability to get open there. I am really excited for the Ravens offense this year. I really do hope Woodhead opens up that offense more.
I believe having all three players on the field at the same time will open up the field for Woodhead as well. Those two signings are going to be big for this offense. Plus having Woodhead teach Dixon and West the importance of route running, i.e. Run to thr right depth, will be beneficial in their development.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
If we can get the running game going, that and the trio of Mac, Wallace and Perriman is going to be a nightmare for defense. Either you keep a S deep but one is not enough because you have three guys potentially going the distance, either you play two but then your front seven is left alone to prevent a big run, either you play them close to the LOS to shut down the run game but you pray your CB can each hold their 1on1.

Two IFs:
1) Perriman and Maclin are as good as advertised.
2) The OL holds up in pass pro and execute Roman's schemes well.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
If we can get the running game going, that and the trio of Mac, Wallace and Perriman is going to be a nightmare for defense. Either you keep a S deep but one is not enough because you have three guys potentially going the distance, either you play two but then your front seven is left alone to prevent a big run, either you play them close to the LOS to shut down the run game but you pray your CB can each hold their 1on1.

Two IFs:
1) Perriman and Maclin are as good as advertised.
2) The OL holds up in pass pro and execute Roman's schemes well.
I think Perriman will surprise people. He came on HOT late last year. He is fast, one thing I want him to improve on was he looks awkward running the football sometimes. Maybe that is just me. I also think Maclin will be a solid addition to this offense, but if I were to put money on it I would say I believe adding Maclin will not make up for the loss of Steve Smith Sr. The team will be fine if Perriman does start contributing more. The woodhead signing as long as he stays healthy will be huge. I think the two ifs will be tight end and o-line like you said.

I think the run game cannot be worse than last year. I think if Wallace, Maclin, and Perriman are able to catch a couple intermediate-long catches a game I think that relieves the offense so much. I don't see the run game going anywhere but up. But on the flip side, I do worry about pass protection. It was already mediocre last season and it doesn't help when you have so many question marks going into the season.

On the flip side, who else is stoked about this defense? It will be a thing of beauty.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I think Perriman will surprise people. He came on HOT late last year. He is fast, one thing I want him to improve on was he looks awkward running the football sometimes. Maybe that is just me. I also think Maclin will be a solid addition to this offense, but if I were to put money on it I would say I believe adding Maclin will not make up for the loss of Steve Smith Sr. The team will be fine if Perriman does start contributing more. The woodhead signing as long as he stays healthy will be huge. I think the two ifs will be tight end and o-line like you said.

I think the run game cannot be worse than last year. I think if Wallace, Maclin, and Perriman are able to catch a couple intermediate-long catches a game I think that relieves the offense so much. I don't see the run game going anywhere but up. But on the flip side, I do worry about pass protection. It was already mediocre last season and it doesn't help when you have so many question marks going into the season.

On the flip side, who else is stoked about this defense? It will be a thing of beauty.
Agreed on most accounts, all but the one in bold above. The 2013 running game was disastrous enough to remain as a humiliating reminder that this facet could always be worse. Our YPC on the year was literally 3.14. #HumblePi

usmccharles

Practice Squad
but if I were to put money on it I would say I believe adding Maclin will not make up for the loss of Steve Smith Sr.
I think Maclin can come in and give us 70+ receptions, 800 yards, and 5tds. If he doesn't, I think that will mean that BP took over as the number one guy

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I think Maclin can come in and give us 70+ receptions, 800 yards, and 5tds. If he doesn't, I think that will mean that BP took over as the number one guy
I'd put more TDs. Mac is a Touchdown machine and whenever he runs a slant near the end zone it's over.