• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens 2019 Draft Class, grades and analysis

Ravens Tex

Practice Squad
McSorley is better than Johnny Manziel. I bet Vahe makes it here. He’s as good as Powers -watch the tape. Texas vs OU.
Nobody can watch all the tape, so they rely on combine and then hype is built around 40, leaping, then it doesn’t translate and you are Nextd.

They have to cut 7 vets every year to make room for the new toys, to keep fan hope alive, and keep buzz. A circus-and now we have the worlds fastest midget made of glass who LJ will have to throw on Saturday so Hollywood can catch it on Sunday.

Come December there won’t be Jackson or Brown It’ll be Mcsorley and Boykin and a RB to be named later-mark it.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
McSorley is better than Johnny Manziel. I bet Vahe makes it here. He’s as good as Powers -watch the tape. Texas vs OU.
Nobody can watch all the tape, so they rely on combine and then hype is built around 40, leaping, then it doesn’t translate and you are Nextd.

They have to cut 7 vets every year to make room for the new toys, to keep fan hope alive, and keep buzz. A circus-and now we have the worlds fastest midget made of glass who LJ will have to throw on Saturday so Hollywood can catch it on Sunday.

Come December there won’t be Jackson or Brown It’ll be Mcsorley and Boykin and a RB to be named later-mark it.
OK dude. We're definitely axing Jackson in December /s

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

Is this a serious post?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
So most outlets have our grades ranging between D to B-

Most ravens fans are giving it an A like they do every year

who says objectivity doesnt exist in me?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

Knee jerk draft grades rarely if ever are accurate. You need to stop worrying about it so much.

Charm City

Pro Bowler

There's a difference between objectivity and pessimism. Are there people I would have liked to be drafted (Mack Wilson)? Sure. But the team has to obviously have a plan in place which I am very excited for.

Ravens Tex

Practice Squad
Yes, Jackson and Hollywood won't make it through injury-Mark it....Already Hollywood takes himself out because of Anne Frank's disease, and he's too fragile. Lamer running the reverse option is gonna get killed....and now they have tape. RG3 is just as glass. McSorley will game manage. It is a hedge. Remember Cousins hedge at the skins. Shhh-don't tell the jersey buyers...
My posts aren't boring, they are real too.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Yes, Jackson and Hollywood won't make it through injury-Mark it....Already Hollywood takes himself out because of Anne Frank's disease, and he's too fragile. Lamer running the reverse option is gonna get killed....and now they have tape. RG3 is just as glass. McSorley will game manage. It is a hedge. Remember Cousins hedge at the skins. Shhh-don't tell the jersey buyers...
@Sami84 i changed my mind. I appreciate your objectivity. This guy on the other hand has some problems.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
e only reached the 3rd qr of the LSU game and I still can't believe Willis went undrafted. He's been absolutely stunning so far.
Doesn't seem as physical as one would imagine, given the size, but man..he's breaking havocs and can move laterally.
Dude for real, Michael Pierce is gonna fetch us a comp third, bwill is gonna be cut, and then I think we’re gonna ultimately have an IMPROVED line after those 2 leave. Mack and Willis are 2 guys I just don’t see failing in this defense unless they have character/off field shit.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ok rayrayraven. The “reverse option” is what lamar does, you right, and mcsorley is an nfl game manager, you right fam.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dude for real, Michael Pierce is gonna fetch us a comp third, bwill is gonna be cut, and then I think we’re gonna ultimately have an IMPROVED line after those 2 leave. Mack and Willis are 2 guys I just don’t see failing in this defense unless they have character/off field shit.

Michael Pierce is one of the best in the game, to say we'd be better after him with some unproven prospects is grade A BULLSHIT

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You’re grade A BULLSHIT

no..you're basically saying a bunch of prospects will make michael pierce leaving irrellevent and they will prove to be better than him

sorry but michael pierce is everything we wanted brandon williams to be.

pierce is our best D linesman by a LONG SHOT

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
no..you're basically saying a bunch of prospects will make michael pierce leaving irrellevent and they will prove to be better than him

sorry but michael pierce is everything we wanted brandon williams to be.

pierce is our best D linesman by a LONG SHOT
Maybe an overstatement but remember, Michael Pierce was absolutely unheard of when we picked him up. Mack and Willis were 2 guys I was seriously high on this whole time, they have SPECIAL potential and of course it depends on shit like health and attitude and work ethic, but losing one guy and replacing him with 2 high ceiling guys is a good start.

Pierce is likely gonna reset the DT market and decosta is stocking up to soften the blow, I think Henry ends up fizzling out and these 2 are the ones that rise to the occasion. If you can’t acknowledge that these 2 could be special talents then I question if you’ve actually watched either of them.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not saying they can or wont be decent players but elite is a different thing altogether. Michael pierce is elite. You don't get better when you lose an elite player. We struck a FA gem but those are few are very far between. You can get good or decent FA's. but to get someone like pierce is really also a bit of luck.

Ravens Tex

Practice Squad
Talking Draft grades:
Hollywood-C minus
Ferguson-A
Boykin- A minus
Justice Hill -C minus
Powers-B minus
Ilman -C plus
McSorley-C plus
Aggie dude: No idea

Overall: C plus

This draft should of been filled with better meat on the line first, big backs, sprinkled with some good DBs.

smokeybandit

Practice Squad
McSorley is a more refined passer than Jackson and RG3 (and that's not because he's an excellent passer). Obviously he's no threat to either right now, but that's an excellent pick in the 6th round. You get a QB that fits your system and can contribute in other areas to justify the roster spot, especially at a time where it's en vogue to have a backup QB play other roles.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Maybe an overstatement but remember, Michael Pierce was absolutely unheard of when we picked him up. Mack and Willis were 2 guys I was seriously high on this whole time, they have SPECIAL potential and of course it depends on shit like health and attitude and work ethic, but losing one guy and replacing him with 2 high ceiling guys is a good start.

Pierce is likely gonna reset the DT market and decosta is stocking up to soften the blow, I think Henry ends up fizzling out and these 2 are the ones that rise to the occasion. If you can’t acknowledge that these 2 could be special talents then I question if you’ve actually watched either of them.

I'm not saying they can or wont be decent players but elite is a different thing altogether. Michael pierce is elite. You don't get better when you lose an elite player. We struck a FA gem but those are few are very far between. You can get good or decent FA's. but to get someone like pierce is really also a bit of luck.

Well given the fact that we're going to have a lot of cap space for next offseason, one would think EDC and Co. would make Michael Pierce a top priority if he continues this play, no?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
McSorley is a more refined passer than Jackson and RG3 (and that's not because he's an excellent passer). Obviously he's no threat to either right now, but that's an excellent pick in the 6th round. You get a QB that fits your system and can contribute in other areas to justify the roster spot, especially at a time where it's en vogue to have a backup QB play other roles.
I’m gonna have to strongly disagree here. I followed penn state for 2 years because of Barkley and I can say definitively that mcsorley is absolutely horrible as a QB but he is fun to watch because of his athleticism and his fire. I do think he can find a spot as a special teamer and gadget guy