• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 UDFA Tracker

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
it would be great to see unexpected gems but harbaugh isn't one to give chances unless he has absolutley no choice. I wonder if orlando brown would have had any significant snaps if it were not for james hurst ( or was it alex lewis? i forgot ) injury

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gerald Willis, Antoine Wesley, Otaro Alaka and Evan Worthington headline this UDFA group that honestly looks like the best I've ever seen for us. I hope Willis can stick on the 53 man roster because the talent is tremendous. Him, Mack, Pierce has me salivating.
Markus Jones is my sleeper.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
https://www.thehuddlereport.com/blog/?p=752 - Drew Boylhart

Strengths
Gerald has tremendous, athletic talent to be one of the best penetrating defensive tackles in this draft. He has excellent explosion changing the line of scrimmage in his favor on almost every play. He has enough flexibility to change direction once he gets into the back field to sack the quarterback and disrupt the rhythm of plays. Gerald has good foot speed to run down players from behind and tackle quarterbacks out of the pocket. He has the talent on the field to be a leader. He has the moxie to be the type of player his teammates depend on. Gerald has a lot of skills that need to be coached and to make him believe in himself but as I always say…it takes more that talent to play in the NFL.

He thinks Willis is a 3rd round talent

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
With our ability to coach dline players. Willis might end up as one of our best udfa ever

Besides Tucker of course
Willis is the best UDFA I’ve ever seen on the ravens. It’s gotta play itself out of course but I have never thought as highly of a recently signed UDFA as I do about Willis.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Damn bruh I had to go see some of Willis’ tape myself and I’ve gotta say im excited. @JoeyFlex5 I just figured you were overhyping it and getting excited for our new guys like everyone does, but man when he’s on, he looked like a day 1-2 pick.

I know he only has had one year of production, and he was pretty hit or miss on the field sometimes, but it’s very strange to me that by most accounts he turned his life around and is no longer an off the field issue, but he still went undrafted? How does someone with that type of production and potential not even get drafted? His injuries wouldn’t drop him THAT much? Apparently there’s speculation that he didn’t have good interviews. But really??

Whatever it may be, there’s a decent chance we got an insane steal. I’m officially on board his bandwagon.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Willis could be another corey redding.

Boy if we could have added chase W and Cody ford to this draft class.

you know, we didn't need to trade our 2nd to the eagles last year. Could have taken Lamar with our first and hayden with our second or if hayden was picked, dallas goedart

dallas and mark andrews would have been epic.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

you know, we didn't need to trade our 2nd to the eagles last year. Could have taken Lamar with our first and hayden with our second or if hayden was picked, dallas goedart

I can agree with this. I'm hopeful Hurst becomes a legit player, but yeah, it would've been nice to have that 2nd rounder back. We obviously wanted to upgrade at LG and didn't seem to make a major effort to upgrade C, making me think we intend on going with Skura or Bozeman there.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Damn bruh I had to go see some of Willis’ tape myself and I’ve gotta say im excited. @JoeyFlex5 I just figured you were overhyping it and getting excited for our new guys like everyone does, but man when he’s on, he looked like a day 1-2 pick.

I know he only has had one year of production, and he was pretty hit or miss on the field sometimes, but it’s very strange to me that by most accounts he turned his life around and is no longer an off the field issue, but he still went undrafted? How does someone with that type of production and potential not even get drafted? His injuries wouldn’t drop him THAT much? Apparently there’s speculation that he didn’t have good interviews. But really??

Whatever it may be, there’s a decent chance we got an insane steal. I’m officially on board his bandwagon.
I don’t consider myself one to irrationally hype a guy up just because he’s a raven. I’ll talk myself into it and defend a player after the ravens draft him even if I don’t like him, but you’ll never see me overhyping jaylon Ferguson or miles Boykin. I’m hype for Willis and Mack because I had a near top 5 DT grade on Willis, and Mack I had pegged as a third rounder.

Williams
Tillery
Oliver
Simmons
Wilkins
Hill and Willis at a dead tie
Mack
Keke

This was my day 1 and 2 order for DTs, we got one of those guys day 3 and the other undrafted. I can’t believe we pulled that one

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I'm not so sure LJ would have lasted to our 16th pick in the 2nd round, but if you want your guy you go after him. Sure adding Wino and Ford would have been great, but sometimes you can't get everyone you want. The draft class is very good, we won't know for sure for a couple years though.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not so sure LJ would have lasted to our 16th pick in the 2nd round, but if you want your guy you go after him. Sure adding Wino and Ford would have been great, but sometimes you can't get everyone you want. The draft class is very good, we won't know for sure for a couple years though.
He’s saying take Hayden with the 2nd and take Jackson with the 1st.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He’s saying take Hayden with the 2nd and take Jackson with the 1st.
maybe, but I remember hearing rumors of teams who picked after 25 being interested in Hurst also and if we picked hurst at number two we wouldn't have Orlando Brown Jr or Mark Andrews one of which was part of the trade down.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've been trying to tell yall man, my boy follows the Canes like crazy and Willis should have been a top five DT in this draft but his off the field issues and taking time away from the game hurt his stock.