• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
just watched a few minutes of shaquille quarterman tape and dont wanna watch anymore. he was a prospect i really liked last year, but my god hes worse than i remember. im seeing inexcusable shit every snap, no vision at all as he is biting hard on every little bit of misdirection there is, cant see screens, first step is downhill on obvious coverage snaps leaving him retreating, poor angles. in the florida tape, the first quarter alone, almost every single play on this tape is a play where he should have either made the play or influenced it strongly, and he failed on all but one, like failed terribly with inexcusable mistakes.

he is quite literally kenny young, he brings the occasional splash play by shooting a gap and is an utter failure in all other aspects. im sad. i saw potential in 2018, and was hoping to see some more well rounded play in 2019 but he looks far from an NFL LB, if you take his first and second step on basically every play and put that in the NFL, it would be exploited often. if you put this guy on tape an nfl OC will target him every play.

yeah as a Cane fan I had high hopes for Shaq Quarterman & Mike Pinckney after outstanding true freshman years from both, but honestly it never felt like either improved much year to year. Pinckney was often praised for his “instincts” as he’d make the occasional play going off script from the defensive assignment, so I guess Shaq tried to incorporate this into his game this year Smdh.

Shaq’s decline was very noticeable this year, especially because he lacks that explosive athleticism, he can’t afford to be a poor student in the film room misreading plays & putting himself in terrible position.
Every week teams exploited him with play-fakes and screens to the RB, FB or TE right in the space that Shaq voided.

I really like the kid, but the more I watched him it made me think of Brandon Spikes how he was so slow plodding around that he became a two down player, then out of the league.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Can anyone toss me a few prospects that you like in the return game? WRs, DBs or RBs

I’m not feeling DeAnthony Thomas at all as a kick returner or punt returner. Returner is a low-key need!

**I love Jalen Waddle but he’s only a sophomore and ineligible for 2020 draft.
I worry about a fumble everytime he touches the ball.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
2 prospects I can’t put my finger on to save my life, both for the same team. Terrell Lewis and Raekwon Davis. I LOVED Raekwon last year, but I’ve soured this year and can’t really say why, I just kinda have, and Terrell Lewis doesn’t have much easy to find film, and what I’ve seen has shown a few things, reckless physical nature, pretty well above average explosion, and not that much finishing from what I’ve seen.

@allblackraven can you give me some insight on these guys?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
2 prospects I can’t put my finger on to save my life, both for the same team. Terrell Lewis and Raekwon Davis. I LOVED Raekwon last year, but I’ve soured this year and can’t really say why, I just kinda have, and Terrell Lewis doesn’t have much easy to find film, and what I’ve seen has shown a few things, reckless physical nature, pretty well above average explosion, and not that much finishing from what I’ve seen.

i dont know much about davis but if the LSU tape ever gets put up for Lewis - id recommend watching that - didnt have a sack but was so dominant - different kinds of rush moves, was consistently held - he's got freakishly long arms on top of everything else

he's a bit of a bull in a china shop when he rushes sometimes - just throws everything at the OL opposite without really worrying about being technical or having a plan

the tools are there though and he's good out in space too

here's a couple of reps from that game:

ive seen lewis take plays off though - especially on the back side in pursuit and he looked faster before his injury (wonder if he's still recovering) and more consistent in pursuit then too...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I never liked Raekwon Davis much, think his pro spot is 5-tech, average at that.
Lewis is a baller. Will need to get stronger for NFL but has all the physical traits, moves and is very smart. Too many injuries in college though, not much tape to go over.
I like Anfernee Jennings, too. He'd be good get in mid rounds.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I never liked Raekwon Davis much, think his pro spot is 5-tech, average at that.
Lewis is a baller. Will need to get stronger for NFL but has all the physical traits, moves and is very smart. Too many injuries in college though, not much tape to go over.
I like Anfernee Jennings, too. He'd be good get in mid rounds.
I think Jennings would be a great addition here, we see what happens when you don’t have that sound physical presence on the edge and you’re facing a Tennessee or SF or Cleveland, if we could land him say in round 4 id be ecstatic

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
Mock Draft V3.png

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
The above draft is predicated on improving defense through free agency, therefore we can attack other positions in the draft. The big thing to defend is likely Cam Akers; do we really need to take a RB in the third round rather than another shot at EDGE or WR? Very valid, but I think Cam Akers got RB1 type potential, and I don’t see that from Justice or Gus. If Ingram gets hurt late in the season again, I want to know that the weight is not all on Lamar’s back. He can feel comfortable handing it off and riding the rest of the team to the W rather than having to be a superstar to have to chance.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
the fact that marlon davidson is available on day 3 in this reality is absurd lol - dude could be going in the 1st

i really dont like collin johnson at all

as for akers - i havent done any RB study yet but what ive seen of him when watching other players i've liked a lot

It's so tough to gauge what a "realistic draft" is when the draft machines feel so behind, but I totally agree. I think Anfernee Jennings could potentially sneak down into late 3rd or 4th round area, would be a steal there.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
Getting Hamler, Netane Muti, and Cam Akers would be a wrap for me though. All of those guys are potential superstars to me, and fit the offense to the T. Muti's health is a concern, but that's a lot of juice to add to the team. If we get a guy like Anfernee Jennings as well, that's just the cherry on top.