• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Charm City

Pro Bowler
im not just talking about game reps - im talking about practice reps with the playbook and his receivers and his own team and the coaching staff etc. - qb goes on i/r or PUP and they can't practice at all - sure he may understand the playbook but he wont get anything else without being healthy which he doesnt get if he sits a whole year on PUP or I/R
Ah, I forgot about that. Yeah I agree with you on that point.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Darrell Taylor, edge, Tennessee

Long solid build, first step like a goddamn teleport, I mean he REALLY fires off, and then builds up that speed and really challenges tackles to the corner, good flexible rusher around the arc, low shoulder dip and strong balance. One of the better edge benders overall in this class, some of his rushes are more impressive than anything I’ve seen from any edge in this class outside of chase young.

Plays some stand up backer, first step is really poor out of the 2 point stance, so he isn’t of much use as a rush backer, but he does show some upside disrupting the timing from the slot and sliding into some throwing lanes. Far from what we thought of bowsers film, this is just something he’s shown at times, he’s far from an nfl zone drop type of guy and is very clearly an edge rusher, just worth mentioning.

Absolute liability in the run game. Not much to be said there, he’s really poor there. But with what we’ve seen from Lamar, maybe this team starts to take the “let players do what they do well” approach on the edge as well

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
With the ravens new obsession with Oklahoma players, I’m taking a leap of faith here and betting that we extend that obsession to the defense as well, and that Neville Gallimore will be our first round pick.

He is EVERYTHING this defensive front needs, he is just an absolute stud of an interior rusher, explosive, stout and strong, quick as hell, quality hands, he is just everything we lack.

Even better, he’s likely a rotational guy early on, so we can keep the likes of Brandon Williams in when needed and he can be spelled on passing downs as we field a massive upgrade for our interior rush, and in turn keeping gallimore fresh as well, which reportedly was a bit of a concern for him.

If you haven’t watched gallimore yet, do yourself a favor. This kid is being slept on so badly I can’t make sense of it. I’m feeling pretty strongly that this guy is gonna be leading my late first wants for this team all the way up until draft night, along with Julian Okwara and Curtis Weaver.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
With the ravens new obsession with Oklahoma players, I’m taking a leap of faith here and betting that we extend that obsession to the defense as well, and that Neville Gallimore will be our first round pick.

He is EVERYTHING this defensive front needs, he is just an absolute stud of an interior rusher, explosive, stout and strong, quick as hell, quality hands, he is just everything we lack.

Even better, he’s likely a rotational guy early on, so we can keep the likes of Brandon Williams in when needed and he can be spelled on passing downs as we field a massive upgrade for our interior rush, and in turn keeping gallimore fresh as well, which reportedly was a bit of a concern for him.

If you haven’t watched gallimore yet, do yourself a favor. This kid is being slept on so badly I can’t make sense of it. I’m feeling pretty strongly that this guy is gonna be leading my late first wants for this team all the way up until draft night, along with Julian Okwara and Curtis Weaver.
His voice also has a proper tone for a defensive lineman.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

doing your filmstudy early this year so you'll be ready for the forum mock?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
per Ian Rappaport, Tua is still expected to go high in the first round in the 2020 draft.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think the Bengals will be drafting a QB this upcoming draft. There isn't one that fits their description of having Red Hair.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Forum mock is just a mock draft right? I can’t do the whole offseason one but I can maybe do a mock draft
that's the one that lasts about 6 weeks. You did it a few years ago.

Remember you are given 12 hours to make a pick but also have free agency and trades included in the FM

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Forum mock is just a mock draft right? I can’t do the whole offseason one but I can maybe do a mock draft
You are thinking "Draft A Franchise" - that's just a big draft of everybody (current players and 2020 draft class).
Forum Mock is the one where you pick the franchise you want to manage (random order decides your turn to pick the team), then you manage FA, trades and the draft, using real data from spotrac.com.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
that's the one that lasts about 6 weeks. You did it a few years ago.

Remember you are given 12 hours to make a pick but also have free agency and trades included in the FM
You are thinking "Draft A Franchise" - that's just a big draft of everybody (current players and 2020 draft class).
Forum Mock is the one where you pick the franchise you want to manage (random order decides your turn to pick the team), then you manage FA, trades and the draft, using real data from spotrac.com.
Oh yeah I can’t do that. Just too much to keep track of and just kinda burdensome lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh yeah I can’t do that. Just too much to keep track of and just kinda burdensome lol
which one can't you do? The Forum Mock or the Draft a Franchise. It really is easy to do. Especially now that we use google sheets and their is no math to consider....All the numbers are calculated automatically

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
which one can't you do? The Forum Mock or the Draft a Franchise. It really is easy to do. Especially now that we use google sheets and their is no math to consider....All the numbers are calculated automatically
Idk man I don’t wanna commit and then back out, I tend to lose interest in long term things like this, I dont even check my fantasy lineup. To put it simply, I’m a pos

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Kenny willekes is a guy I forgot about after getting a look at him last year. Watched a game of his and came away impressed and I’m gonna dive deeper and get a good write up on him but it’s too late right now. First glance what I see is a very flexible edge bender with hands to make him slippery, very subtle hand moves where you barely see it but he completely disengages with it, just like a little hand swat and chest jab combined to make light work of the blocker, in the game I watched he seemed to do it consistently where he’s just engaged and then a little hand action and he’s clean, you barely even see what he’s doing.

Also Carlos basham Jr is a guy I’m looking into, watched 2 games of his, really unimpressed from the first watch and much more impressed after the second, he’s a tall, physical, handsy rusher that loves to work inside, low pad level and a real driving style of rush and he loves the finish by bullying his man wide and then countering in, really solid spin move for a big man and he uses it often and effectively, works well from the wide 9 firing out of the 4 point stance, that’s where he seems to have his fastest first step. Low pads but lacks bend around the corner, I wouldn’t say he’s stiff, just tall and heavy, he has his moments of flexibility but they’re few and far between. All in all I’d say he looks like a strange medium between zadarius smith and Charles Harris, and I say this favorably because Harris did have a filthy spin move.

Getting in my film study groove lately, I should have a good number of write ups between now and the new year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
just watched a few minutes of shaquille quarterman tape and dont wanna watch anymore. he was a prospect i really liked last year, but my god hes worse than i remember. im seeing inexcusable shit every snap, no vision at all as he is biting hard on every little bit of misdirection there is, cant see screens, first step is downhill on obvious coverage snaps leaving him retreating, poor angles. in the florida tape, the first quarter alone, almost every single play on this tape is a play where he should have either made the play or influenced it strongly, and he failed on all but one, like failed terribly with inexcusable mistakes.

he is quite literally kenny young, he brings the occasional splash play by shooting a gap and is an utter failure in all other aspects. im sad. i saw potential in 2018, and was hoping to see some more well rounded play in 2019 but he looks far from an NFL LB, if you take his first and second step on basically every play and put that in the NFL, it would be exploited often. if you put this guy on tape an nfl OC will target him every play.

Few players from Oregon tonight outside of Dye/Herbert/oline

-Cj Verdell) true sophmore RB so he cant come out till next year will be a MONSTER, low pads, explosive, runs harder thsn Montgomery coming out last year. Shifty in space, great hands. This kid is the real deal and will be a first rounder when he comes out next year 100%
-Kayvon Thibedeaux) another underclass man who was the #1 recruit last year coming out of HS. Insane, insane first step, great hips to bend, fast off the ball, great bullrush to drive tackles back, needs work in the run game though. I think he has like 12 sacks and 17tfl as a true freshman this year.
-Jevon Holland) super rangy S that is also an insane return man. Great ballhawk and reminds me of a bigger Jimmie Ward/Amos coming put. Super fast, great in man/zone and covering TEs and RBs. Has some struggles reading the deep ball but would be more of a box S here with his range
-Jordon Scott NT) already mentioned him in here. Huge behemoth of a man that can anchor the run game with Pierce gone, shows some flashes of getting to the QB with a great burst off the line

mykael wright(true freshman), johhny johnson(sophmore), and thomas graham(junior) were all very good as well.

Oregon is going to be very, very, very good in the next few years with another looks like top 6 class recruiting and a 5 star locked up in 21’. Along with their young guys who will be monsters they will be tough soon

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can anyone toss me a few prospects that you like in the return game? WRs, DBs or RBs

I’m not feeling DeAnthony Thomas at all as a kick returner or punt returner. Returner is a low-key need!

**I love Jalen Waddle but he’s only a sophomore and ineligible for 2020 draft.