• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Pass rush

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
maybe ive just been projecting on him but i thought he was fairly maligned before the steelers picked up his 5th year option

statistically this is by far his best year - he's already matched his career best sack total in half a season - i just dont know if i trust that increase in production because of the improved talent around him the past 2 years - you say that's when he's played better and maybe that's true but i also have to wonder if its not coincidental that that's when TJ Watt joined the team...
I think it’s definitely related to Watt emerging but I also think it’s more than that too. I don’t know if Dupree is really a top option but I think he’s a decent #2. It really depends on the deal he would get whether we should or shouldn’t entertain him. That’s my stance on it. We could do better and we could do a lot worse than him too. I’d say he’s better than everyone we had this year except Judon and that’s a bit debatable as well.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think it’s definitely related to Watt emerging but I also think it’s more than that too. I don’t know if Dupree is really a top option but I think he’s a decent #2. It really depends on the deal he would get whether we should or shouldn’t entertain him. That’s my stance on it. We could do better and we could do a lot worse than him too. I’d say he’s better than everyone we had this year except Judon and that’s a bit debatable as well.

my feeling is more like why would we pay dupree if we werent gonna pay ZDS

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Judon is a much better player overall. Market would probably tell that, too but if we must choose between Judon and Dupree, I would have zero hesitation paying Matt.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Judon is a much better player overall. Market would probably tell that, too but if we must choose between Judon and Dupree, I would have zero hesitation paying Matt.
Oh for sure. Judon is a much more complete player, no doubt

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
my feeling is more like why would we pay dupree if we werent gonna pay ZDS
Good point. I’d agree with that, probably wouldn’t happen to be honest. I think Smith was better than Dupree personally so yeah, solid point

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
maybe ive just been projecting on him but i thought he was fairly maligned before the steelers picked up his 5th year option

statistically this is by far his best year - he's already matched his career best sack total in half a season - i just dont know if i trust that increase in production because of the improved talent around him the past 2 years - you say that's when he's played better and maybe that's true but i also have to wonder if its not coincidental that that's when TJ Watt joined the team...
The criticism was very fair, but I believe this year and last he’s been much improved

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So maybe its coloured by how bad those two drives in the no huddle were but its surprising seeing takes like this on twitter with tape from someone i think of as a really good evaluator of ravens players

https://twitter.com/abukari/status/1192557190156029954

and obviously that's just one play but he's got it in him - and i think we'd be way more forgiving if some of jaylon's work in the passing game led to some finishes

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So maybe its coloured by how bad those two drives in the no huddle were but its surprising seeing takes like this on twitter with tape from someone i think of as a really good evaluator of ravens players

https://twitter.com/abukari/status/1192557190156029954

and obviously that's just one play but he's got it in him - and i think we'd be way more forgiving if some of jaylon's work in the passing game led to some finishes
Yeah, my boy will be just fine.