• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Pass rush

Filmstudy

Staff Member
Filmstudy
Writer
https://twitter.com/ravens4dummies/status/1173612074213224448

here's the image the tweet comments on for those who cant be bothered lol:

EEmB9PxW4AAhHuW
What's amazing about this is McPhee beat a double team on that 2.54 sec sack.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
This game will be interesting. We've faced two poor OLs. The honest truth is, this game will be very telling. How real our defense is and what happens when this offense HAS to put up points. Already having trouble sleeping in anticipation of this game. The pass rush will be tested.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What's amazing about this is McPhee beat a double team on that 2.54 sec sack.

i suppose its technically a double team but he was already past the original blocker by the time the 2nd blocker came in to assist - still really impressive but not a double team in the way that i often would envision one - his hands in that sack are really violent though it's great to see

Tank

Hall of Famer
We
I find it ironic that we got Za’Darius to replace McPhee then signed McPhee to replace Za’Darius.
We were really fortunate to get Pernell and it seems he's rebooted his career now that he's back.

Tank

Hall of Famer
This game will be interesting. We've faced two poor OLs. The honest truth is, this game will be very telling. How real our defense is and what happens when this offense HAS to put up points. Already having trouble sleeping in anticipation of this game. The pass rush will be tested.
Offense will have to put up a shit ton of points, especially with the game at Arrowhead.

What's the over/under? 72? lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lol y’all are wild, one game where kyler Murray hangs up a few lobs and Larry Fitzgerald comes down with them, and one majorly missed assignment in zone, and y’all are scared that our defense is about to start giving up 40+ ppg.

Our defense is still our defense and I’m gonna need to see them actually suck before I write them off and say we need our offense to bail us out

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lol y’all are wild, one game where kyler Murray hangs up a few lobs and Larry Fitzgerald comes down with them, and one majorly missed assignment in zone, and y’all are scared that our defense is about to start giving up 40+ ppg.

Our defense is still our defense and I’m gonna need to see them actually suck before I write them off and say we need our offense to bail us out
thank you for posting this. They did mention that they were having some communication issues, which I'm sure they will sort out and for people paying attention, Averett was much better in the 4th quarter. I have a ton of confidence in Wink.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

thank you for posting this. They did mention that they were having some communication issues, which I'm sure they will sort out and for people paying attention, Averett was much better in the 4th quarter. I have a ton of confidence in Wink.
Too early to tell on all accounts. I can’t say we have a feel for them yet but we should have a better barometer after the fourth game. I think identities start to form around week 4-8.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Offense will have to put up a shit ton of points, especially with the game at Arrowhead.

What's the over/under? 72? lol

You made me actually go and look. It's at 55. Considering the over. I don't think we necessarily need "a lot" of points. I might be the only one, but I didn't realize we were dominating TOP (not counting the Dolpins game). It didn't feel that way, but that will be crucial to winning.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Too early to tell on all accounts. I can’t say we have a feel for them yet but we should have a better barometer after the fourth game. I think identities start to form around week 4-8.

Definitely second mid to late second quarter of the season. Can obviously still get better but that's when you can see what a team is. Unless you're the 2012 Ravens.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I agree, I’m just saying that people are writing off our defense because a new offensive philosophy with the first overall pick at qb and a top 5 all time WR and still new and moving pieces for our own defense, is premature.

Without jimmy smith were obviously going to regress, but to the extent that some are making it out to be? Cmon... mahomes torched the raiders secondary for 1 quarter, their defense is absolute garbage, they have some pieces in the front with Ferrell and hurst and abrams is looking like a very good box safety, but as far as coverage goes it literally doesn’t get much worse than the raiders, I’d venture to say that Miami had a better secondary than Oakland before trading fitzpatrick.

Mahomes simply will not be dominating the ravens defense like he’s done the past 2 weeks, even with averett.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure how yall feel about him, but I think Fowler is going to be available in free agency

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The pass rush only produced 1 sack yesterday. With that lack of production, our defense will allow any and all QB's to look world-beaters. We really need quality players at that spot.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is there a benefit out of rushing from a standup position? To me lining up with your hand in the dirt would give you more burst and leverage. Just saying this cuz Jaylen Ferguson in the couple games I seen of him in college lined up like this. Suggs imo played better like this too. Im really not interested in these guys for coverage or playing in space.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

This post didn’t age well holy shit