• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So it seems Lamar's throwing is not going to be an issue despite what most in the media think?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So it seems Lamar's throwing is not going to be an issue despite what most in the media think?
He didn’t have a big workload throwing, and he had a very ugly one trying to hit hurst on a 5 yard out and must have sailed it ten yards over his head, like it was really bad. But other than that he looked pretty damn crisp, his mechanics have him looking brand new, he was hitting his mark, and they didn’t appear to wobble too much.

And he looks a lot more decisive as a runner, he’s looking dangerous in that regard

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Damn, no fireworks? They spend big bucks on that show, too bad you guys will miss it.
Wife never wanted to go but insisted on going, son was being a minor nuisance, so that was her excuse to be a sulking little shit smh. I was tired of it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
General thoughts from open practice:
-Boykin looks special, looked like the best player in the field all night and coaches seem to love going his way

-Chris Moore looks game-fast, like he’s firing on all cylinders and looks very comfortable, no targets that I saw but he’s running routes like a veteran, nothing special, and I’m guessing he still has drops issues, but he looks refined

-lasley will not make this team, he dropped 2/2 targets that hit him in the hands and on fade drills couldn’t even find a perfectly thrown ball

-hurst looks like he’s gonna break big runs on short completions, he looks like a next level kind of athlete at TE, just moves really well

-mark Andrews hands and ball tracking are out of this world

-RBs did nothing tonight

-bob3 is throwing some pretty passes

-Lamar does in fact look rebuilt, mechanics are crisp, he’s thinking fast, he’s attacking all the levels, still looks to favor the middle of the field, but did hit a beautiful fade to Boykin, also sailed a short out way over hursts head, but overall looked much cleaner and sharper than preseason last year, actually looks quicker, like that extra muscle helped him carry his frame better because his cuts are looking explosive

-Snead was Snead, saw him rip off 2 nice slants, just looks strong and quick and bullheaded as always

-saw nothing of Wesley

-Roberts had a nice slant for a TD from the 2 but other than that nothing

-Jaleel Scott got a look on a hook route, made the catch, nothing noteworthy

-peanut is always around the ball

-Kenny young got beat a few times by TEs, I’m
Worried about him

-Elliott got a lot of looks with the 1s, I was actually searching all over for Jefferson but didn’t find him til tip drills. Thought that was weird. Practicing with an edge, he’s gonna get in trouble. Looked bulked up and aggressive.

-Judon looked ehh, looked hesitant on play where he was the key read and gave up some yards as a result. Didn’t do much rushing the passer

-McPhee looked explosive as all hell

-Michael pierce looks gigantic but is at a playable size, he was really pushing the pocket and crashing the whole interior, it’s beautiful seeing him crash the line on outside runs

-jaylon Ferguson looked as expected from me, bad. First I saw of him he was on an island with senat and got absolutely stood up with ease, same happened when facing a guy who likely won’t make the PS, showed absolutely nothing.

-Wormley looked fast at 5tech, came screaming off the edge a few times putting the tackle in “oh shit” mode

-Humphrey is gorilla glue, straight up

-Tim Williams had a respectable snap count with the 1s, but just as a rotation guy. Looked like the most explosive defender out there, and had a really nice run stop where the OL shielded on a stretch and the RB cutback and Tim was there and rocked his shit. Burning OTs off the edge consistently. If he doesn’t get snaps I’m done with harbaugh

-tyus bowser is almost certainly a bust

-didn’t see Shane Ray at all

-willie Henry looks like he’s in his best shape of his career but didn’t stand out, hard to see interior play where I was

That’s what I got off the top of my head.

Overall I was surprised at our passing offense, looked very strong with a strong connection with Lamar and Boykin and hurst and Andrews. I think our pass rush is gonna be fine this year, because some of the edge guys we were counting on looked really good, Humphrey could be in store for an all pro season, OL appeared solid in protection up the middle but we’re getting dangerously close to giving up the corner when the pass rush sets were playing

Last edited:

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
General thoughts from open practice:
-Boykin looks special, looked like the best player in the field all night and coaches seem to love going his way

-Chris Moore looks game-fast, like he’s firing on all cylinders and looks very comfortable, no targets that I saw but he’s running routes like a veteran, nothing special, and I’m guessing he still has drops issues, but he looks refined

-lasley will not make this team, he dropped 2/2 targets that hit him in the hands and on fade drills couldn’t even find a perfectly thrown ball

-hurst looks like he’s gonna break big runs on short completions, he looks like a next level kind of athlete at TE, just moves really well

-mark Andrews hands and ball tracking are out of this world

-RBs did nothing tonight

-bob3 is throwing some pretty passes

-Lamar does in fact look rebuilt, mechanics are crisp, he’s thinking fast, he’s attacking all the levels, still looks to favor the middle of the field, but did hit a beautiful fade to Boykin, also sailed a short out way over hursts head, but overall looked much cleaner and sharper than preseason last year, actually looks quicker, like that extra muscle helped him carry his frame better because his cuts are looking explosive

-Snead was Snead, saw him rip off 2 nice slants, just looks strong and quick and bullheaded as always

-saw nothing of Wesley

-Roberts had a nice slant for a TD from the 2 but other than that nothing

-Jaleel Scott got a look on a hook route, made the catch, nothing noteworthy

-peanut is always around the ball

-Kenny young got beat a few times by TEs, I’m
Worried about him

-Elliott got a lot of looks with the 1s, I was actually searching all over for Jefferson but didn’t find him til tip drills. Thought that was weird. Practicing with an edge, he’s gonna get in trouble. Looked bulked up and aggressive.

-Judon looked ehh, looked hesitant on play where he was the key read and gave up some yards as a result. Didn’t do much rushing the passer

-McPhee looked explosive as all hell

-Michael pierce looks gigantic but is at a playable size, he was really pushing the pocket and crashing the whole interior, it’s beautiful seeing him crash the line on outside runs

-jaylon Ferguson looked as expected from me, bad. First I saw of him he was on an island with senat and got absolutely stood up with ease, same happened when facing a guy who likely won’t make the PS, showed absolutely nothing.

-Wormley looked fast at 5tech, came screaming off the edge a few times putting the tackle in “oh shit” mode

-Humphrey is gorilla glue, straight up

-Tim Williams had a respectable snap count with the 1s, but just as a rotation guy. Looked like the most explosive defender out there, and had a really nice run stop where the OL shielded on a stretch and the RB cutback and Tim was there and rocked his shit. Burning OTs off the edge consistently. If he doesn’t get snaps I’m done with harbaugh

-tyus bowser is almost certainly a bust

-didn’t see Shane Ray at all

-willie Henry looks like he’s in his best shape of his career but didn’t stand out, hard to see interior play where I was

That’s what I got off the top of my head.

Overall I was surprised at our passing offense, looked very strong with a strong connection with Lamar and Boykin and hurst and Andrews. I think our pass rush is gonna be fine this year, because some of the edge guys we were counting on looked really good, Humphrey could be in store for an all pro season, OL appeared solid in protection up the middle but we’re getting dangerously close to giving up the corner when the pass rush sets were playing
Good stuff brother...Thanks!

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Wife never wanted to go but insisted on going, son was being a minor nuisance, so that was her excuse to be a sulking little shit smh. I was tired of it.
Sounds like you were in a no win situation. Is she from Pittsburgh like my wife or does she just like the Steelers? Hopefully, she made it up to you when you got home