• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Miles Boykin - He Deserves His Own Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
so boykin is looking more like a practice star than anything. he had some really nice moments last week, but overall ive been pretty damn disappointed, mainly because in college and what i saw from him at practice, he had true hands of steel, dude caught everything, and hes had drops that may havent been the easiest catches but they absolutely shouldve been reeled in.

scott has been about as good as boykin in PS so far, and moore and snead are clearly our top 2 wrs, neither are #1 types though which is bad, so we need boykin and brown to either be a real #1 type or combine to be the top threats when theyre on the field

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I still believe the hype and ain't letting these games change anything. That int had nothing to do with him and feel like he wasn't targetted enough, but I get it. And his looks will be a lot different when Brown actually suits up. Teams will have to have to respect that speed making it easier for every one else.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I still believe the hype and ain't letting these games change anything. That int had nothing to do with him and feel like he wasn't targetted enough, but I get it. And his looks will be a lot different when Brown actually suits up. Teams will have to have to respect that speed making it easier for every one else.
I didn’t put the int on him at all, terrible pass. I’m more talking about earlier on when a pass was a little out of reach but he got a clean 2 hands on it and it bounced off, like tough catch but clear drop. And then the 2 drops from last week.

But yeah I’m certainly not writing him off, but when a guy comes out known for incredible hands, and starts bouncing catchable balls off his palms, it’s very concerning. Like it’s obviously gotta be a nerves thing, but if he keeps doing it and it lingers in his head, well that’s how sure handed guys develop dropsies outta nowhere, I believe tandon doss and Jordan Matthews both suffered from this

Yeah I’m not sure you can suddenly lose the skill of catching a ball. I think it’s more likely nerves then anything else, time will tell if he can get that under wraps

purp

Practice Squad
Meh. Torrey Smith looked like absolute trash at this point in his first year and ended up have a nice rookie campaign.

Boykin will be fine.

so boykin is looking more like a practice star than anything. he had some really nice moments last week, but overall ive been pretty damn disappointed, mainly because in college and what i saw from him at practice, he had true hands of steel, dude caught everything, and hes had drops that may havent been the easiest catches but they absolutely shouldve been reeled in.

scott has been about as good as boykin in PS so far, and moore and snead are clearly our top 2 wrs, neither are #1 types though which is bad, so we need boykin and brown to either be a real #1 type or combine to be the top threats when theyre on the field
I mean, he's a rookie! This was one pre-season game and he looked shaky. How can you really be that disappointed?

People who expect him to be highly productive and be a clear #1 WR this season are living in fantasy land. If he can put up 50 catches for 500 yards, I think we all should be happy ... no, I'd say ecstatic. We need to see development and gradual improvement. A 3rd round WR selection is a selection for the future - not for immediate impact.

A1A

Veteran

Damn its week 3 of preseason and u jumped ship already on your boy?? Lol

Tank

Hall of Famer
Crabtree has been dropping them for years
upload_2019-8-17_20-56-49.jpeg