• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ryan Mink - Mediocre

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I generally don't care much for BR.com writers but who else finds Ryan Mink to be annoying with very little worthwhile insight? I like Sarah, john and even Garrett isn't that bad. This guy though aside from having a rather annoying demeanor offers absolutely nothing. I feel most people on the forums could do a far better job than him and actually create interesting topics and discussions.

Who else feels the same way?

edit- Made a typo in the title..any way to fix that?

Mediocre*

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
theyre all garbage. john eisenberg gives good insight, and actual football talk, mink is all memes and social media, he might as well be the ravens personal peter schrager, downing just has rainbows of optimism shining from his ass; "so and so made a good play in OTAs today, and boy...i think this guys gonna be REALLY good" is basically every video.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
I'm not sure Sarah is on there anymore. Haven't seen an article written by her in a long time. Mink and Downing been sharing the LFW's and rmcjacket is consuming the comments.

Sarah asked me on a date once about 10 years ago

I made that up. She actually asked if I was interested in writing articles for BR.com, back then I was but a wee lad who showed youthful gumption and vigor. Now my soul has grown hardened and weary with the passage of time.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
theyre all garbage. john eisenberg gives good insight, and actual football talk, mink is all memes and social media, he might as well be the ravens personal peter schrager, downing just has rainbows of optimism shining from his ass; "so and so made a good play in OTAs today, and boy...i think this guys gonna be REALLY good" is basically every video.
Amen joey. Cant stand those guys....all the ravens beat writers kinda piss me off lol

K-Dog

MVP
I actually don't mind Mink. I could sit down and split a pizza with him.
Downing just strikes me as that kid who had a calculator watch in the 80's, kinda geeky.
Sara is great. Seems heavy on knowledge, light on opinion.
Eisenberg is the best of them.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mink has a far better handle on draft prospects than Downing does.

I could do without Eisenburg.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

I'm dying over here... Pretty much sums up every video in the "offseason."

tools80

Practice Squad
Sara annoys me... I could alone on this opinion though.

Mink and Garrett are not bad. I like their combo on Ravens' Mailbag. Mink is not as awkward though.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I actually don't mind Mink. I could sit down and split a pizza with him.
Downing just strikes me as that kid who had a calculator watch in the 80's, kinda geeky.
Sara is great. Seems heavy on knowledge, light on opinion.
Eisenberg is the best of them.

hahaha, i remember at a kid we all wanted one :p ( calculator watch). Got my first in 89.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Honestly Eisenberg is the only one that actually is an interesting read (although I rarely agree with him).
Mink and Downing are basically the epithomy of sugar coating, and Sarah is probably the one who annoys me the most. Watching her speak on the BR weekly show (forgot the name) made me cringe...

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I enjoy reading the human interest stories they write sometimes. They do work for the team so its not surprising all their analysis is delusionally positive. Probably not a good idea to write articles that bash the team that pays you- even when it's called for.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mink is alright, but most of the articles on BR.com don't have much substance to them anyway. I think I like Byrne's pieces the best just because he usually has one or two "behind-the-scenes" tidbits that you don't get to read or hear about anywhere else.

The Raven

Veteran
Mink and Downing are useless. They're what happens when you get non-football people to do PR for a football team. But I don't get people bashing them for positivity. They're in the PR office... They get paid the big bucks to cheerlead.

Sarah was good but all she had to do was a little newsletter (LFW) at the beginning of each day. With the resources they have, it's really not that hard. That's the kind of work most PR offices delegate to unpaid interns in between coffee runs.

Eisenberg is the only one I ever care to read but his work, to me, is aimed at the common fan. Pardon my pretentiousness but I'm looking for something a little more involved and analytic. I don't need column telling me what I usually already know. He doesn't bring anything new or compelling to the table, at least for me.

Edit: I forgot about Byrnes until RL52TheGreatest mentioned him, but Byrnes is the only guy there that never disappoints.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Mink is alright, but most of the articles on BR.com don't have much substance to them anyway. I think I like Byrne's pieces the best just because he usually has one or two "behind-the-scenes" tidbits that you don't get to read or hear about anywhere else.
I enjoy Kevin Byrne's stuff also, just because he will tell share some really funny or touching things that are pretty cool to learn.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
I miss when the team site featured Aaron Wilson & Jamison Hensley writing.
Hensley moved on to ESPN and barely writes anything.

I could be wrong but I don't think I've ever seen an article by Mink that I liked.

At least with Downing I could say I enjoyed those weekly What You Might Have Missed vs.... articles where he broke down several plays with GIFs.

Even when they have videos, Mink irritates me because he never has any insight.

Last edited: