• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Dolphins

How many sacks do the ravens get @ Miami

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh heck naw.. antonio brown!

I mean that goes without saying. If AB keeps up production he has had (a big if) then yes he can pretty confidently say he was the best ever. Now his ability to keep that up is a huge if but if he can those unbreakable records might not be so unbreakable.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I mean that goes without saying. If AB keeps up production he has had (a big if) then yes he can pretty confidently say he was the best ever. Now his ability to keep that up is a huge if but if he can those unbreakable records might not be so unbreakable.
Anyone making this statement never saw Rice play. Just look at his stats in the 80s and 90s from 1985 his rookie year to 1996. I stop there because he was injured early in 1997. He blows away Antonio Brown. Now imagine him playing today in an offense that passes much more. They both have HOF QBs throwing to them also. My god, Jerry Rice even had a couple 1100 plus yard seasons in Oakland in 2001 and 2002.

Jerry Rice is on one level and the other great receivers aren't on his level. As a matter of fact, as I said before, Rice is one of, if not the best player EVER.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Anyone making this statement never saw Rice play. Just look at his stats in the 80s and 90s from 1985 his rookie year to 1996. I stop there because he was injured early in 1997. He blows away Antonio Brown. Now imagine him playing today in an offense that passes much more. They both have HOF QBs throwing to them also. My god, Jerry Rice even had a couple 1100 plus yard seasons in Oakland in 2001 and 2002.

Jerry Rice is on one level and the other great receivers aren't on his level. As a matter of fact, as I said before, Rice is one of, if not the best player EVER.
Probably bu im still taking AB. rice was the first of his kind so i guess he will alwaye be considered the best but watching AB and what he has been able to do at 5”10 and being a #1 wr is crazy.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I don't know about you guys, but I nervous AF about this game. Season openers get my anxiety rolling and we have a tendency to pull a stinker on the road against "inferior" teams.

A1A

Veteran
Probably bu im still taking AB. rice was the first of his kind so i guess he will alwaye be considered the best but watching AB and what he has been able to do at 5”10 and being a #1 wr is crazy.
Nah man I have to disagree with u there...these days receivers wear sticky gloves back then Rice was catching balls in the rain barehanded. Also DB's were headhunting every play. U had to be fearless out there. Have u tried on those sticky gloves?? Dude I can catch shit with 3 fingers. FYI That famous OBJ catch was done with sticky gloves. Back then wearing anything like that was called cheating, but the NFL is ok with it now cause it means more stats, more TD's, more headlines etc.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm currently reading the dolphins message board and I found this quote:
" they're [Ravens offense] using analytics to predict busted coverages, something they were doing in camp"
Is this true? Is this why DeCosta hired 3 quant. analysts?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm currently reading the dolphins message board and I found this quote:
" they're [Ravens offense] using analytics to predict busted coverages, something they were doing in camp"
Is this true? Is this why DeCosta hired 3 quant. analysts?

where on earth has this take come from - ive not sight nor sound of anything like this... interesting if true albeit its an odd thing to be able to predict - but if it is something they're trying to predict i reckon its probably another reason why well see more pre-snap motion in this offence

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
giphy.gif