• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Dolphins

How many sacks do the ravens get @ Miami

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brown as in John Brown? This is exactly what I’m talking about with the lowered expectations we Ravens fans have for wide receivers. John Brown is a 1-tool WR3 in this league. Hollywood runs a more various route tree today than John Brown has at any point in his career.

I’m all for gamesmanship but at some point you line up and play. And your most talented players do the same.

It is undeniable that before teams had to actually scheme him he was dominant. Unfortunately the other weapons weren't so when teams either put their best corner on him instead of Crabhands, or outright doubled him because Crabhands belonged on the bench not the field and wasn't scary, the Ravens had no one else in the game who could counter. Of course once Lamar was QB they had anti synergy.

I know fans have a tendency to trash former players to make their leaving seem like no big loss, but Brown was a slam-dunk signing who played well for Ravens

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Because Brown was great (pre Lamar I think he was the only piece defenses cared about), you wasted money signing Crabtree who could get open and look good but forgot that you can't get YAC if you can't do that C part. Then in slot you had Snead and also over middle Andrews as a TE option.

I still think Brown ends up with around 40-50 catches for 500-600 yards by years for similar reasons, I just wouldn't suit him up this week because the others have shown they can do it and its the Dolphins so giving him 1-2 more weeks can't hurt.
If brown gets 500 thats a good year. 800 is a great year. Just having him on the field is gonna open up everything.. i just hope lamar is able to spread the ball around.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It is undeniable that before teams had to actually scheme him he was dominant. Unfortunately the other weapons weren't so when teams either put their best corner on him instead of Crabhands, or outright doubled him because Crabhands belonged on the bench not the field and wasn't scary, the Ravens had no one else in the game who could counter. Of course once Lamar was QB they had anti synergy.

I know fans have a tendency to trash former players to make their leaving seem like no big loss, but Brown was a slam-dunk signing who played well for Ravens

he was a good role player who we asked to be a number 1 receiver - he's an ok number 2 receiver/perfect number 3 receiver

purp

Practice Squad

Dominant?!

Megatron was dominant. Julio is dominant. Beckham has dominant days. John Brown is pretty good at going deep. I think you’re grading on a very generous curve.

You also seem to be forgetting that the Ravens offense went cold long before Lamar started. We were 4 and 5.

This game should be a blood bath for our defense. The Phins O line will have 3 new players with 2 rookies manning the guard positions, and a led foot QB. Turn the dogs loose a Wink. Woof Woof!

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dominant?!

Megatron was dominant. Julio is dominant. Beckham has dominant days. John Brown is pretty good at going deep. I think you’re grading on a very generous curve.

You also seem to be forgetting that the Ravens offense went cold long before Lamar started. We were 4 and 5.

Megatron was his generation ls Rice in that he outclassed everyone else, but at his best I might call Megatron the best ever. I cannot compare any player ever to him at his best and have it come out well because he was beyond dominant, he was undefendable.

Also I mentioned Brown before was great before he was asked to be the only offensive weapon because only some GOATS could do that

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
It will be very interesting to see what Boykin and Hollywood do. We know what Andrews can do. He is a Pro Bowler in the making.
Hurst needs to pick it up .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Megatron was his generation ls Rice in that he outclassed everyone else, but at his best I might call Megatron the best ever. I cannot compare any player ever to him at his best and have it come out well because he was beyond dominant, he was undefendable.

Also I mentioned Brown before was great before he was asked to be the only offensive weapon because only some GOATS could do that
no disrespect to Megatron, but Rice was better than he was

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
It will be very interesting to see what Boykin and Hollywood do. We know what Andrews can do. He is a Pro Bowler in the making.
Hurst needs to pick it up .

I'm really not seeing the Ravens activating all 6 wrs so if Roberts is activated they'll deactivate Boykin imo since Scott has been playing gunner and Hollywood brings so much to the table.

A1A

Veteran
After all the talk Scott will probably never see playing time on ST. Just rott on the bench then put in a decent season next year then start his NFL career somewhere else...probably the Falcons and blow up.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
no disrespect to Megatron, but Rice was better than he was

I think Rice was better overall because he did it for so much longer but I dont think anyone was ever as good as Megatron was for those couple years when he was literally the entire offense with no running game, no real other receivers, and an average QB throwing him the ball. The fact that Rice was basically immortal is the reason he will always be the best ever but I have to say at their peaks I think Megatron might have been better but he could not sustain it like Rice did.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think Rice was better overall because he did it for so much longer but I dont think anyone was ever as good as Megatron was for those couple years when he was literally the entire offense with no running game, no real other receivers, and an average QB throwing him the ball. The fact that Rice was basically immortal is the reason he will always be the best ever but I have to say at their peaks I think Megatron might have been better but he could not sustain it like Rice did.
Rice is one of the greatest players (not just wr) to ever play the game. Calvin Johnson is absolutely a hall of famer and a great one at that. Another point is that he played in a passing league while Rice did had the majority of his accomplishments in the 80s

I was lucky enough to watch both of these monsters play and witnessed both of them live as well.

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i wouldnt even put megatron above T.O and moss let alone jerry. Tbh if brown continued to put up them type of numbers it would be hard to argue that anyone is better than him.. brown has jerry rice like work ethic which is why he is so good at 5-10

Last edited:

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
i wouldnt even put megatron above T.O and moss let alone jerry. Tbh if brown continued to put up them type of numbers it would be hard to argue that anyone is better than him.. brown has jerry rice like work ethic which is why he is so good at 5-10
Are you saying if John Brown continued to put up the numbers it'd be hard to argue anyone is better than him?

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Something gives me the impression he’s talking about AB...
Too many Browns in the NFL, but okay, that makes total sense.

I was a huge fan of Antonio Brown in Pittsburgh. I used to draft him in all my fantasy league's starting in year two. It's a damn shame he's certifiably insane.