• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019: Week 1 Discussion Thread (Other Teams)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Talk like this was treason not too long ago...
If this was treason I was the judge handing out charges...

Ugh. It’s still a garbage situation. Forcing an ineffective run game doesn’t work anymore, it doesn’t open anything up, it results in third and longs often which often result in sacks and short drives. They’re running for like 1YPC on first and second and then Flacco on third has 4 defenders in his lap before he finishes his drop back. Like he looks like the same old joe, but I still can’t fully judge because the team looks just as bad as he does.

Why does this garbage follow Flacco lol

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Take it to'em Raiders!!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I thought Fangio was supposed to make the Denver defense like the Bears defense last year? 95 yard drive resulting in a TD given up by this Broncos defense.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ok.... I’m glad we have Lamar Jackson....

The raiders DL looks RIDICULOUS right now, but I’m seeing so much more of Flacco’s bad now that he’s not wearing purple. The checkdowns, the snapping at :01 every time giving every defender an easy jump, somehow not seeing the rush right in his face and just standing there as 2 DTs crush his soul, fumbles in the pocket, rushed throws for no reason, man... I really hate the way he plateaud in 2012 and then declined after kubiak left... sad story

He did all of those things for 11 seasons with us bro! 11 seasons minus the great Super Bowl run. Nothing new! I have friends of mine that know I'm a serious Ravens fan, texting me about Flacco now as the game is on and one of them from Alabama just texted:

"Joe Flacco at the broncos lol. Still trash! hahahaha"

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I thought Vic Fangio was one of the good ones who deserved a chance to be a HC and thought he should have been one sooner. I was wrong, and he's another DC who should stick to being a DC and not being a HC.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If AB is still a Patriot next season, the Raiders & Patriots do play each other in 2020.
The Patriots set up a 20m option to keep AB so they can spread his guaranteed money over two season. I don't think he will be a Pat next season. They also will have to cut him not to pay him the option, so they won't be able to receive a comp pick.