• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.
  • Hey there! We are so glad that you could make it to PurpleFlock on game day- thanks for stopping by! Be sure to sign up here in order to talk about today's game with our other members.

Week 2 Arizona Cardinals @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
lets not go overboard here. Baker is still the best qb from his draft class. Browns are still likely to make the offs. Other than browns oline, ODB is bad for baker or any young qb. Kinda like how calvin was with stafford. Becuase these elite wrs are so good, i think it messes with their mental a little bit and they seem to always look for them even if theyre covered and i believe it fucks up the reads at times. I legit dont see browns winning a SB anytime soon with ODB tbh, baker isnt ready. He doesnt know how to handle what he got
No not overboard, because my opinion is in total control of the boat! He is garbage and time will bear me out. Just because he can sling it in the general vicinity of receivers doesn't make him a great QB. He is an imbecile because he doesn't put in the effort needed to be great. Bottom line is he spends more time grabbing his crotch and in ego driven antics he simply cannot be dedicated to his craft. And oh by the way, I've also heard that the Ravens wanted to take him if he was available and all that jazz but we also wanted to take a friggin' RB before we selected JO and someone else instead of Ray Lewis. So there's that. I'm sorry but I think Baker will be the 4th right before Rosen in the final analysis. Here's how I would rank them now: Lamar, Allen, Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
No not overboard, because my opinion is in total control of the boat! He is garbage and time will bear me out. Just because he can sling it in the general vicinity of receivers doesn't make him a great QB. He is an imbecile because he doesn't put in the effort needed to be great. Bottom line is he spends more time grabbing his crotch and in ego driven antics he simply cannot be dedicated to his craft. And oh by the way, I've also heard that the Ravens wanted to take him if he was available and all that jazz but we also wanted to take a friggin' RB before we selected JO and someone else instead of Ray Lewis. So there's that. I'm sorry but I think Baker will be the 4th right before Rosen in the final analysis. Here's how I would rank them now: Lamar, Allen, Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen.
Its still the same for me.. baker, lamar, allen, donald. He is gonna be just like luck, an int machine who makes dumb choices at times but overall a franschise qb

Reactions: cdp

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Its still the same for me.. baker, lamar, allen, donald. He is gonna be just like luck, an int machine who makes dumb choices at times but overall a franschise qb
You forgot about the Rosen One.

You put Allen above Darnold? I agree with the first two for sure. I really like where Lamar has developed but I just can’t put him above Baker yet. May be a different story by the end of the season.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
My pre-draft ranking: Rosen, Mayfield, Lamar, Darnold and Allen
Now: Mayfield, Lamar, Allen, Darnold and Rosen.

We can only judge what we acutally see on the field. I don't get how you can judge the amount of work they put in over the spring/summer. Unless you're following all 5 teams like crazy which I highly doubt. Rosen could easily jump on my list, but so far my initial ranking had him way too high.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
You forgot about the Rosen One.

You put Allen above Darnold? I agree with the first two for sure. I really like where Lamar has developed but I just can’t put him above Baker yet. May be a different story by the end of the season.
I dnt like allen nor darnold at all so it dont really matter where they stand for me lol.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
For those that still think this arrogant punk from Cleveland isn't Manziel 2.0, here's a skit from someone I dislike but at least he makes sense here...

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1604539459707
For the most part im very humble but when it comes to competing, im a whole different person.. with that being said what is wrong with being arrogant/cocky/confident? My whole life ive always asked that. Depending on who you are society/media changes the wording. If they dont like you its cocky and arrogant but if they do like you, its confidence.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
For the most part im very humble but when it comes to competing, im a whole different person.. with that being said what is wrong with being arrogant/cocky/confident? My whole life ive always asked that. Depending on who you are society/media changes the wording. If they dont like you its cocky and arrogant but if they do like you, its confidence.
He's got every opportunity to prove himself over next five weeks vs

Goff
Lamar
Garoppolo
Wilson
Brady

and to put a cherry on the cake in week 8 - Joe Flacco at Mile High.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
No I think you misconstrue the concept of confidence. Confidence and arrogance are not mutually inclusive. In fact, the most truly confident people choose humility over arrogance simply because they're confident in themselves. People who are typically less than confident tend to put on an added measure of arrogance to go along with their lack of total confidence in the hope that arrogance will make up for that deficit in confidence. Cocky people are always disliked and confident people are not. While it is possible for one to be confident and arrogant at the same time, there is some lack of comfort that elicits that response. More often than not in my 55 plus years of life, I've found that the truly confident people are very humble because that kind of confidence resides deep inside that person and the humility is the platter through which such people showcase their confidence and pride in being. My 2 cents my friend.

I promise you Baker Mayfield is simply arrogant with a facade of confidence and 'I don't give a shit what you think' flair, and Lamar is simply humble and really confident. Lamar is intrinsically humble because his gifts are real and Baker is not because his is pomposity couching his lack of belief in his ability. It may be because his ability is limited. He isn't athletic or big and so he makes up for it with 'crotch grabs' beer chugging, and bravado.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
No I think you misconstrue the concept of confidence. Confidence and arrogance are not mutually inclusive. In fact, the most truly confident people choose humility over arrogance simply because they're confident in themselves. People who are typically less than confident tend to put on an added measure of arrogance to go along with their lack of total confidence in the hope that arrogance will make up for that deficit in confidence. Cocky people are always disliked and confident people are not. While it is possible for one to be confident and arrogant at the same time, there is some lack of comfort that elicits that response. More often than not in my 55 plus years of life, I've found that the truly confident people are very humble because that kind of confidence resides deep inside that person and the humility is the platter through which such people showcase their confidence and pride in being. My 2 cents my friend.

I promise you Baker Mayfield is simply arrogant with a facade of confidence and 'I don't give a shit what you think' flair, and Lamar is simply humble and really confident. Lamar is intrinsically humble because his gifts are real and Baker is not because his is pomposity couching his lack of belief in his ability. It may be because his ability is limited. He isn't athletic or big and so he makes up for it with 'crotch grabs' beer chugging, and bravado.
Makes sense... i agree with you on baker but i just wanted your overall take on the matter which makes sense to me, however. Ive come to realize that the most successful people are usually arrogant and cocky but also humble if that makes sense. say like mj,kobe and brady. Everyone calls them arrogant or cocky yet when you seen their interviews, for the most part theyre very humble.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just got back home to VA from my trip up to Baltimore for the Ravens vs. Cardinals game and then a quick stop at my daughter's home afterwards. My wife and I really enjoyed being back in Baltimore at M&T Bank Stadium. We really like the new features in the stadium with the giant screens and the four corner screens. Very nice! It was HOT out there though! Wow! Great weather for football! It was a good win for us but we still have a few things to clean up quick, fast and in a hurry. Up next are the Cardinals, the Browns and the Steelers.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
there is a difference between confidence and cocky and on another note he just wants everyone to respect him, but he hasn't earned it yet.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
We all know Mark Andrews played alongside Baker Mayfield for a long time. Listen to this locker room interview about what he thinks Lamar brings to the table vs Baker. That interview from a great young TE that's played extensively with Baker and now is playing with Lamar will tell you who Lamar really is. It's not even close in the minds of NFL peers folks. They don't belong in the same conversation to even be compared to each other. Time will bear this out but in the meanwhile listen to what Mark had to say and make of it what you will. But, listen to him because he knows both these QBs way better than you guys or me.
https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/mark-andrews-on-gaining-quick-chemistry-with-lamar-jackson

As an aside also check out Judon't post game interview when a reporter tries to compare Murray and Lamar as well. You'll understand what his teammates and NFL players think of him.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
We all know Mark Andrews played alongside Baker Mayfield for a long time. Listen to this locker room interview about what he thinks Lamar brings to the table vs Baker. That interview from a great young TE that's played extensively with Baker and now is playing with Lamar will tell you who Lamar really is. It's not even close in the minds of NFL peers folks. They don't belong in the same conversation to even be compared to each other. Time will bear this out but in the meanwhile listen to what Mark had to say and make of it what you will. But, listen to him because he knows both these QBs way better than you guys or me.
https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/mark-andrews-on-gaining-quick-chemistry-with-lamar-jackson

As an aside also check out Judon't post game interview when a reporter tries to compare Murray and Lamar as well. You'll understand what his teammates and NFL players think of him.
You are probably reading little bit too much into what Andrews said - that doesn't mean Lamar is better passer than Baker, just that Mark and Lamar clicked from the start. What Senior said is the thing about Jackson - he is just phenomenally mature for his age, which really allowed him to fully use extraordinary talent that he's got:

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
You are probably reading little bit too much into what Andrews said - that doesn't mean Lamar is better passer than Baker, just that Mark and Lamar clicked from the start. What Senior said is the thing about Jackson - he is just phenomenally mature for his age, which really allowed him to fully use extraordinary talent that he's got:

My point was the one I think Andrews made in a round about way. Lamar is a football player the complete package who plays street ball to win. Baker is not that anticipatory like Lamar is. Not as good a football player as Lamar is. Lamar is special and I've been saying that since he was drafted. Maybe I tend to be mega biased about Lamar, but I do it with good reason. His ability to read defenses and go through his progressions is uncanny for a 1st year (technically) QB with a full off season behind him.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
My point was the one I think Andrews made in a round about way. Lamar is a football player the complete package who plays street ball to win. Baker is not that anticipatory like Lamar is. Not as good a football player as Lamar is. Lamar is special and I've been saying that since he was drafted. Maybe I tend to be mega biased about Lamar, but I do it with good reason. His ability to read defenses and go through his progressions is uncanny for a 1st year (technically) QB with a full off season behind him.
I'm on your side re Lamar vs Baker, it's not even close to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.