• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Injuries

RavensDFan

Veteran
I love Pitta, but isn't he hurting the team right now putting off the reitrement announcement we all know is coming?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I love Pitta, but isn't he hurting the team right now putting off the reitrement announcement we all know is coming?
No, I believe he has to think about himself and his family at this point. In the end he may end up retiring, but it's a tough decision to make.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
No, I believe he has to think about himself and his family at this point. In the end he may end up retiring, but it's a tough decision to make.
I agree it really isn't that easy of a decision as people think. Just think of how many people people dream and work hard to play in the NFL, and how hard and long Pitta had to work to get the point he was at. The last time he injured his hip he only came back and played because it felt so great and I mean you could tell he definitely lost some explosion in his game, but he was still a productive piece on a competitive team.

I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted another comeback and leaving the door open at least for now. Should he come back? I mean his injuries are already freak injuries to begin with that it will likely happen again if he did return. But it seems like so far these dislocations haven't really caused that serious of damage yet or I think he would of retired a couple seasons ago.

RavensDFan

Veteran
All those surprised say "I".
Yeah me either.

I'm kind of surprised because I thought it would be a retirement annoucement, not a release. Not knowing much about the specifics of how the cap works, not sure if releasing him saved them more than his retirement.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Just looked this up. The injury clause allows us to waive him and not have to pay his 2.5 million salary. The Ravens save 2.5 stars. Oops, $2.5 m
It would be closer to $2M with the rule of 51 in mind. We should be around $5-6M on cap space after Pitta and Arrington cuts.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It would be closer to $2M with the rule of 51 in mind. We should be around $5-6M on cap space after Pitta and Arrington cuts.
True regarding rule of 51. That should be fine and if they needed to clear more room they could do that as well.