• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

Ok so I am totally against trading jimmy in about 99% of scenarios, but the eagles cb corps is kinda trash but they’re a team with clear aspirations of contending, could we ship jimmy for a Brandon graham?
I'm not sure ... I don't know if he'd be enough of a difference maker. I know Jimmy has issues staying on the field, but when he's on it - he is a real difference maker. I just don't know if the value is there, but your on the right track - the only trade involving Jimmy that makes sense is one that brings us a pass rusher.

The rumor of Jimmy for KO is really crazy. I don't know why we'd even consider that for a second. Yes, we've talked a lot about LG, but it really isn't that major a liability.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not sure ... I don't know if he'd be enough of a difference maker. I know Jimmy has issues staying on the field, but when he's on it - he is a real difference maker. I just don't know if the value is there, but your on the right track - the only trade involving Jimmy that makes sense is one that brings us a pass rusher.

The rumor of Jimmy for KO is really crazy. I don't know why we'd even consider that for a second. Yes, we've talked a lot about LG, but it really isn't that major a liability.
Last I read KO wants surgery and the NYJ don’t believe him essentially and want him to play through his injury. Sounds very suspect but not sure why we would make that trade for a player likely going to IR or not playing at all. Seems kinda dumb so I think that is a BS made up rumor tbh. I don’t believe it at all.

If we we’re to upgrade at DE/OLB and get a steady pass rush going then having Humphrey, Jimmy, Peters and Earl Thomas all in the backfield, this defense will be downright nasty.

Do work EDC, Make the Ravens Defense Great Again. #MRDGA

Last edited:

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we we’re to upgrade at DE/OLB and get a steady pass rush going then having Humphrey, Jimmy, Peters and Earl Thomas all in the backfield, this defense will be downright nasty.

Do work EDC, Make the Ravens Defense Great Again. #MRGA
Don’t forget Carr. That’s an excellent top 4 CB. Clark is looking good too.

Last I read KO wants surgery and the NYJ don’t believe him essentially and want him to play through his injury. Sounds very suspect but not sure why we would make that trade for a player likely going to IR or not playing at all. Seems kinda dumb so I think that is a BS made up rumor tbh. I don’t believe it at all.
I understand the Jimmy KO rumor was reported by Forbes. Not exactly the sports insider ...

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
If KO was in top condition then yeah, why not?

in his current state, it would be idiotic.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

Jimmy is more valuable than KO when he is on the field. I don't think I would like that trade.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need a pass rusher ASAP. With McPhee potentially out a few weeks (hopefully he's healthy) we need to augment his production with a big trade now!

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Are you guys confident in our pass catchers outside of Hollywood and the TE’s enough to lead us to the Super Bowl? I’m not. Boykin is inconsistent and Snead and Moore straight up disappear. With all the dysfunction going on in Philly, I’d inquire about Alshon. I think we can fit him under the cap this season. Then again, that would take away from our biggest need in a pass rusher. I’m conflicted

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We need a pass rusher ASAP. With McPhee potentially out a few weeks (hopefully he's healthy) we need to augment his production with a big trade now!
I really hope EDC at least calls the Jags about Yannick. A pipe dream, but he’d literally be perfect for us and fits under the cap right now

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really hope EDC at least calls the Jags about Yannick. A pipe dream, but he’d literally be perfect for us and fits under the cap right now

would need to do an extension for me to feel comfortable trading away a pick, taking into account the players we have to extend in the coming year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Browns turning down Marcus Peters for Joel Bitonio sparked a flurry of trades last week

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-joel-bitonio-sparked-flurry-trades-last-week

i love that EDC basically said to Les Snead that yeah we'd love to have peters but if they want to do the deal it would have to be done in the next 2 hours because we want him available for this seahawks game

what a power move lol - its like yeah well take youre really good player but youve got to do what we want while we also take this big time player from you - oh and also we're going to take him for a bag of peanuts and a 5th round pick that we fleeced the vikings for

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i love that EDC basically said to Les Snead that yeah we'd love to have peters but if they want to do the deal it would have to be done in the next 2 hours because we want him available for this seahawks game

what a power move lol - its like yeah well take youre really good player but youve got to do what we want while we also take this big time player from you - oh and also we're going to take him for a bag of peanuts and a 5th round pick that we fleeced the vikings for
and he got an 89 coverage grade and Ramsey only 42.3.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ramsey has been overglorified since coming into the league. He relies purley on being ubber athletic and long. His instincts are average.

I prefer the ballhawk corner which btw is a rare thing in the NFL

I think peters has more long term ability than ramsey. Peters is basically asante samuel. ( bit bigger but that kind of player)

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
looks like we relesed bethel. I'm not a fan of this move. He's been excellent for us on special teams and for what? some late round 4th?

Team is in an excellent place and releasing a player ( watch him go to the patriots for intel) now isnt smart