• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Per Spencer Schultz: Source confirms Ravens are targeting three young EDGE/IDL players. Made phone calls before McPhee injury, now intensity has picked up. Deal will be done sometime this week.

Bethel is a blow on special teams, but having that extra 4th will be crucial now.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We desperately need to address edge in any way possible because they seem content with Ferguson starting and bill with that run game will WORK him all day

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Per Spencer Schultz: Source confirms Ravens are targeting three young EDGE/IDL players. Made phone calls before McPhee injury, now intensity has picked up. Deal will be done sometime this week.

Bethel is a blow on special teams, but having that extra 4th will be crucial now.

interesting - wonder who the targets are - suggests trade talks

i kinda thought we'd bring back someone like shane ray or something - not that i was enthused about it

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Weird, idk how we can possibly add more than one let alone 3 players. They must be total no name guys that we liked in the draft recently and think we can make them better than their current team

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
interesting - wonder who the targets are - suggests trade talks

i kinda thought we'd bring back someone like shane ray or something - not that i was enthused about it
Cap space is also a limiting factor. Not sure who we are really targeting.

We can also re-sign Bethel later. He does not have to go through waivers he's a vested vet and free to sign immediately

rossihunter2

Staff Member
this is also interesting from schultz (in response to people asking specifics of names):

No names. My own *guessing* tells me NFC bottom dwellers: Vic Beasley Ryan Anderson other commonly floated names have been Derek Wolfe and Leonard Williams. Ngakoue is... complicated... have to give the jags a third, because they’ll get it in return if he leaves in FA

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
this is also interesting from schultz (in response to people asking specifics of names):

No names. My own *guessing* tells me NFC bottom dwellers: Vic Beasley Ryan Anderson other commonly floated names have been Derek Wolfe and Leonard Williams. Ngakoue is... complicated... have to give the jags a third, because they’ll get it in return if he leaves in FA
I’d do ngakoue for a third no question, we do that and we’re a super bowl contender.

Ryan Anderson sounds like a trade we would want, strikes me as a guy the ravens probably liked a lot but felt he was reached on(I certainly thought he was)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Brian Mcfarland on twitter:

The Ravens only had $1.933M in Cap space before the McPhee & Bethel moves. They’ll now be adding 2 more players to the roster and Salary Cap. At this point, it’s pretty much a given that they are going to have to restructure a contract to create Cap space to finish out the year.

maybe now's a great time to offer someone we like an extension with a lower first year cap hit? idk - otherwise we get into the situation where we get stuck with no way to get out of TJ's contract or brandon williams plays at an extortionate number next year or something like that

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Brian Mcfarland on twitter:

The Ravens only had $1.933M in Cap space before the McPhee & Bethel moves. They’ll now be adding 2 more players to the roster and Salary Cap. At this point, it’s pretty much a given that they are going to have to restructure a contract to create Cap space to finish out the year.

maybe now's a great time to offer someone we like an extension with a lower first year cap hit? idk - otherwise we get into the situation where we get stuck with no way to get out of TJ's contract or brandon williams plays at an extortionate number next year or something like that
thought we had 2.77m in cap space prior to the McPhee and Bethel moves.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
we lose the comp pick if we re-sign him
You're sure about that? I have always thought that the contract matters and not the player per se.

And I think a 4th and a 6th should do it for Ngakoue. A 3rd comp pick is basically a high 4th. And they receive their comp pick in 2021 not in 2020. I'm not sure how you discount draft picks lol.