• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I remember him coming out. But if you go on the redskins forum / reddit... they all seem to say he offers zero pass rushing and is “decent” at the run. I wouldn’t be too excited about him
the better site for the skins is the former extremeskins.com, which is now es.redskins.com. Not that you want to go there, but if you're going to check out players, ie Kerrigan. They have a very large membership.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
I hope Eric Decosta sees the Pats over here throwing 2nd round picks on 4th round talent WR....and use the extra week to get us a pass rusher we desperately need. We needed one before Pernell McPhee went down, now it's for sure desperation.

A lot of good players available on the trade block.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I hope Eric Decosta sees the Pats over here throwing 2nd round picks on 4th round talent WR....and use the extra week to get us a pass rusher we desperately need. We needed one before Pernell McPhee went down, now it's for sure desperation.

A lot of good players available on the trade block.
The patriots sending high picks for average players is a different deal. They can literally send a first rounder for a guy like sanu and it won’t be a problem for them, they’re expending every resource to squeeze 2-3 more Super Bowls out of Brady, because he COULD play another 5+ years but they wanna ensure it as much as they can.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
not a trade but we signed Demone Harris. Can anybody tell me more about him?

Sorry to sound like a downer but a realist he's one of the majority of players who'll never amount to anything but hey, who knows?

he's a typical PS guy who'll be cut and signed and cut and signed until he ends up playing in canada.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The patriots sending high picks for average players is a different deal. They can literally send a first rounder for a guy like sanu and it won’t be a problem for them, they’re expending every resource to squeeze 2-3 more Super Bowls out of Brady, because he COULD play another 5+ years but they wanna ensure it as much as they can.
plus it's going to be a late 2nd so it's almost like a 3rd round pick. I still don't like it and they could probably still win one without trading for him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
so that's one of the 2 spots filled - i doubt this is whom everyone has been suggesting we've been talking about given that it looks like we decided that we were going to sign him on thursday (before pernell's injury etc.) and the serious suggestions that we're looking at trading for someone

still 1 spot left to fill - you got to think it gets filled before this weekend - we wont want someone playing an extra game this weekend when they could be in our building and resting etc. (so unless we've got an awesome deal with someone already but one of the conditions is that the transaction doesnt happen until after they play this weekend then any deal we do likely happens in the next few days)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
so that's one of the 2 spots filled - i doubt this is whom everyone has been suggesting we've been talking about given that it looks like we decided that we were going to sign him on thursday (before pernell's injury etc.) and the serious suggestions that we're looking at trading for someone

still 1 spot left to fill - you got to think it gets filled before this weekend - we wont want someone playing an extra game this weekend when they could be in our building and resting etc. (so unless we've got an awesome deal with someone already but one of the conditions is that the transaction doesnt happen until after they play this weekend then any deal we do likely happens in the next few days)
crossing my fingers and toes. When did you change the avatar?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Has anyone thought that jihad ward, while not showing up on the stat sheet, has at least been visible in a positive way? I know I’ve seen 53 in the backfield a number of times and I’ve seen him lined up in a ton of different spots, and I know because against cinci I thought to myself “who tf is 53?” Multiple times and never in a negative way

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Has anyone thought that jihad ward, while not showing up on the stat sheet, has at least been visible in a positive way? I know I’ve seen 53 in the backfield a number of times and I’ve seen him lined up in a ton of different spots, and I know because against cinci I thought to myself “who tf is 53?” Multiple times and never in a negative way
he's had 5 pressures over the last two games (2 this past game). I absolutely like what I've seen from him. He's played 57 snaps and some on the edge.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

Wasnt he signed to the PS squad not the 53 man? Pretty sure we still have 2 spots to fill

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he's had 5 pressures over the last two games (2 this past game). I absolutely like what I've seen from him. He's played 57 snaps and some on the edge.
I’ll say that I liked him quite a bit in the draft in a time period where I sucked at evaluating film, but I did think he was reached on by the raiders.

The one year I played the forum mock I took the lions and traded for him. I was quietly excited about the signing and I wouldn’t be shocked to see him quietly develop here. He’s always been raw potential, and always struck me as a super multiple guy, someone who could rush the edge, hold up well at 5tech, and bring pressure from 3tech.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh looky

Justin Bethel visting the patriots

how about we just sign a guy from their practice squad so we can get their intel n shit

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Oh looky

Justin Bethel visting the patriots

how about we just sign a guy from their practice squad so we can get their intel n shit
Dude we have a ton of injured players coming back healthy and a bye week to get sneaky.

I wouldn’t worry about that at all tbh.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think they are so hated as a team of cheats and being able to win no matter what that even teams that hate us like the steelers and browns would root for us against them.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope we demolish them....I hate them and all the credit they get even if its against dumpster fire teams.

Like ya you should be winning your division every year vs those teams

Why did we rush so quickly to get rid of bethel? we could have recouped our 4 rounder by just waiting AFTER the patriots game. there is no way EDC and co didn't see this patriots thing coming and that they would sign bethel.