• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Has anyone thought that jihad ward, while not showing up on the stat sheet, has at least been visible in a positive way? I know I’ve seen 53 in the backfield a number of times and I’ve seen him lined up in a ton of different spots, and I know because against cinci I thought to myself “who tf is 53?” Multiple times and never in a negative way

Yeah been a really surprising addition

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well he’s now been signed by the pats

Got to think EDC et al knew this was going to happen so there’s probably a good reason - mostly down to comp picks but I wonder if part of it is to free up roster spaces

better be or this was a really stupid move by EDC and I'd give it an F as of this moment.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

Got to think EDC et al knew this was going to happen so there’s probably a good reason - mostly down to comp picks but I wonder if part of it is to free up roster spaces
I think somebody on this board even called this out the moment Bethel was released.
Now we gotta sign whomever the Patriots released.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t understand why we cut him now unless it was required for the comp pick thing. His [Bethel] salary is fully guaranteed so we save no money and in fact his release cost us an accelerated $500k signing bonus for next year. Kinda dumb when you consider everything so there should be a reason.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

Maybe he sent Bethel in to give them false Intel, lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’ll say that I liked him quite a bit in the draft in a time period where I sucked at evaluating film, but I did think he was reached on by the raiders.

The one year I played the forum mock I took the lions and traded for him. I was quietly excited about the signing and I wouldn’t be shocked to see him quietly develop here. He’s always been raw potential, and always struck me as a super multiple guy, someone who could rush the edge, hold up well at 5tech, and bring pressure from 3tech.
I'm expecting you to play the FM in 2020.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
like i said

WHY did we release him NOW? What purpose did it serve us?

Are you trying to tell me EDC didn't see what i saw? Why give them any advantage and make their special teams unit even more formidable?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
like i said

WHY did we release him NOW? What purpose did it serve us?

Are you trying to tell me EDC didn't see what i saw? Why give them any advantage and make their special teams unit even more formidable?

Idk but he’s not an idiot so there’s a reason - if we knew the pats would be bethel’s landing point then the FO had to have at least an inkling

Also not really sure what intel bethel can provide - it’s not like he has or had an offensive playbook

All he can likely tell BB about is our defensive scheme which everyone knows and some potential special teams fakes (which often get developed in season anyway)

And oh wait we’re in our bye week when we always do our self-scout and come out with a slightly altered plan etc anyway

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bethel was on the team for a couple weeks tops? He's not going to know a whole lot about our defensive scheme.

Still hoping to hear about Yannick by the end of the weekend.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Bethel was on the team for a couple weeks tops? He's not going to know a whole lot about our defensive scheme.

Still hoping to hear about Yannick by the end of the weekend.
huh? he was signed in the offseason. He had 14 meaningful snaps. Everything else was special teams.