• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Humphrey just locked down OBJ today and shadowed him for the night. Look at last year and Ramsey had a pretty down year and has continued his downward trend. At those numbers, he's not worth two first round picks. Is he worth a 1st and another pick, yes, but I don't trade two first round picks unless you trading for Donald, Mack, or a top QB or moving up in the draft.

If Ramsey gets injured after you trade those picks you are shit out of luck and then everyone would be calling for EDC's head for making that move. Much rather improve other parts of the defensive front seven or a top flight Guard / Center in next years draft than trade multiple high picks for Ramsey. That's just my opinion. You have stated multiple times that your preference is to trade two 1sts for Ramsey and I respect that.

I don't think people take into account how much we would have to pay Ramsey either. It would likely be closer to 20 mil per year than 15. It is one thing if we could get him for 5 years on a rookie deal like a first rounder but he will cost a pretty penny on the cap as well as the draft capital given up to get him.

But why would The Jags want to trade one of their best players to another afc team ? Especially if they still believe they can win games and possibly make a playoff run. They have legit chance to beat their division rivals as well.
Really. It may reach a point where the Jags are forced to make a trade. If that comes it will certainly be their preference to send him to the NFC. At a minimum any AFC team would have to outbid all other suitors

our deficiencies certainly showed up against better competition in the chiefs and browns.

the honeymoon is over after beating easybeats dolphins and cards -- and we struggled against the cards too.

we DO need coverage help and pass rush help. our D is a worry.
After seeing what our D did Sunday I don’t know whether I feel like we must pay the price to make the trade for Ramsey because we desperately need help or feel like we must avoid it because we need draft picks to fill all the holes we appear to have.

Guess it depends on if you feel we are just one player away ...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
After seeing what our D did Sunday I don’t know whether I feel like we must pay the price to make the trade for Ramsey because we desperately need help or feel like we must avoid it because we need draft picks to fill all the holes we appear to have.

Guess it depends on if you feel we are just one player away ...
and we definitely aren't one player away.

I don't think people take into account how much we would have to pay Ramsey either. It would likely be closer to 20 mil per year than 15. It is one thing if we could get him for 5 years on a rookie deal like a first rounder but he will cost a pretty penny on the cap as well as the draft capital given up to get him.
And they don’t take into account the potential disruption to the team and what is in our plans. I know some think our recent performances indicate we need blow up the D and start over. But we MUST pay Marlon. I have infinitely more faith in him than Ramsey as our long term solution. Who gets the bigger deal? Does ego (especially Ramsey since his is proven to be somewhat swollen) become an issue?

Is it realistic to have the two highest paid CBS to be on the same team?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
And they don’t take into account the potential disruption to the team and what is in our plans. I know some think our recent performances indicate we need blow up the D and start over. But we MUST pay Marlon. I have infinitely more faith in him than Ramsey as our long term solution. Who gets the bigger deal? Does ego (especially Ramsey since his is proven to be somewhat swollen) become an issue?

I don't think it's realistic at all

JO_75

Hall of Famer

While paying Humphrey too. We would then have a lot of cap space tied up into two corners. We just need to lock down Humphrey on a new deal and use our first round pick next year on a really good defensive lineman to put next to B-Will. Think Snyder and Bruce Allen will send us Jonathan Allen for a 2nd?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
While paying Humphrey too. We would then have a lot of cap space tied up into two corners. We just need to lock down Humphrey on a new deal and use our first round pick next year on a really good defensive lineman to put next to B-Will. Think Snyder and Bruce Allen will send us Jonathan Allen for a 2nd?
as stupid as that franchise is, I doubt they trade Allen.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Hopefully we do him like we did Tavon and sign him before his rookie deal ends.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
As important Humphrey is to lock up, he does have a 5th year option. The first player we need to lock up is Stanley, who also quietly had a pretty damn good day as he locked up Garrett.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As important Humphrey is to lock up, he does have a 5th year option. The first player we need to lock up is Stanley, who also quietly had a pretty damn good day as he locked up Garrett.

1.) Yeah we pay Stanley whatever money he wants
2.) we make Marlon the highest paid corner in the league
3.) we make Judon, Jimmy and Pierce (and maybe Snead) competitive but not market-beating offers and they either take it or we take the comp picks for them
4.) we re-up with Levine also
5.) we pick up Brandon carr’s final 6m option

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
3.) we make Judon, Jimmy and Pierce (and maybe Snead) competitive but not market-beating offers and they either take it or we take the comp picks for them
I completely agree with this

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
At this point I worry about letting Judon walk. We’ve been absolutely horrible at developing and drafting edge defenders and I’m really worried about letting the only solid one go.

And this is from a vehement anti-sign-Judon person

rossihunter2

Staff Member
At this point I worry about letting Judon walk. We’ve been absolutely horrible at developing and drafting edge defenders and I’m really worried about letting the only solid one go.

And this is from a vehement anti-sign-Judon person

we'll see how he continues - and im not saying we dont try and sign him but i dont know that we, as a team, will offer him the deal that will top free agency - im assuming he's gonna get (or at least be after) more than the 16.5m/yr that ZDS got

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Eric is going to try and get as many picks as possible. He'll let everyone walk, probably trade back a thousand times in next years draft and we'll have 15 picks at least in 2021 and load up with chuck clarks and chris wormleys everywhere.

'' Harbaugh post draft ''' What an incredible draft, magical, sensational''

4 years later

Harbaugh '' yeah, i'm still here but the 2021 draft class aint''.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Eric is going to try and get as many picks as possible. He'll let everyone walk, probably trade back a thousand times in next years draft and we'll have 15 picks at least in 2021 and load up with chuck clarks and chris wormleys everywhere.

'' Harbaugh post draft ''' What an incredible draft, magical, sensational''

4 years later

Harbaugh '' yeah, i'm still here but the 2021 draft class aint''.
why don't you come here during weeks we actually win. There is a reason........you're a troll and one who really knows nothing about being able to build a team. My god, you've said it before and it's a reason you won't play the Forum Mock. You don't know much past the 1st round.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
why don't you come here during weeks we actually win. There is a reason........you're a troll.

Sorry but i've been around too long to be called a troll. during the wins and losses. I wasn't here because I'm busy. I'm in a period where i'm less so.
I didn't troll vs KC. i wasn't here.

I now have time on my hands for the next few weeks