• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Sorry but i've been around too long to be called a troll. during the wins and losses. I wasn't here because I'm busy. I'm in a period where i'm less so.
I didn't troll vs KC. i wasn't here.

I now have time on my hands for the next few weeks
you don't show up when we win. Never

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Sorry but i've been around too long to be called a troll. during the wins and losses. I wasn't here because I'm busy. I'm in a period where i'm less so.
I didn't troll vs KC. i wasn't here.

I now have time on my hands for the next few weeks
we shall see if you show over the next few weeks during wins, because you disappeared the 2nd half of last season as well.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
no you weren't

I might have missed one or two. Believe it or not, I have a life but i was around for most of the wins. I know i was travelling quite a bit during november last year. I def was around for the game vs the chargers ( first one).

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I might have missed one or two. Believe it or not, I have a life but i was around for most of the wins. I know i was travelling quite a bit during november last year. I def was around for the game vs the chargers ( first one).
yeah, during the game thread and EVERY post was negative. Every One of them and I did find the posts in that thread.

You also made three comments in the post following the first chargers game and not one of them was pro Ravens. All you had to say is they should go after Demarcus Lawrence. You have a lot of unrealistic comments like these across the board. Like they were going to let him go. You made one comment saying our great the Chargers Corner tandem was.

So yes, you made a couple posts but nothing positive about the win. Nothing at all........

And you are around much more frequently when we lose.

Last edited:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Eric is going to try and get as many picks as possible. He'll let everyone walk, probably trade back a thousand times in next years draft and we'll have 15 picks at least in 2021 and load up with chuck clarks and chris wormleys everywhere.

'' Harbaugh post draft ''' What an incredible draft, magical, sensational''

4 years later

Harbaugh '' yeah, i'm still here but the 2021 draft class aint''.

So far EDC looks much more aggressive with picks than the later years of Ozzie. I am not sure this is a fair statement

As important Humphrey is to lock up, he does have a 5th year option. The first player we need to lock up is Stanley, who also quietly had a pretty damn good day as he locked up Garrett.
That may be true Stanley is the most urgent extension that must be made - but I have to wonder if the schedule on Marlon would move up (at least in his own mind) if we brought on Ramsey and paid him. That's part of what I've been hinting at that could become a complication on bringing Ramsey in.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That may be true Stanley is the most urgent extension that must be made - but I have to wonder if the schedule on Marlon would move up (at least in his own mind) if we brought on Ramsey and paid him. That's part of what I've been hinting at that could become a complication on bringing Ramsey in.
there is no chance in hell that we trade multiple picks to bring in Ramsey and I agree, that would only complicate matters. I'd prefer Humphrey anyways.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

I hope Humphrey doesn't have that kind of ego.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
there is no chance in hell that we trade multiple picks to bring in Ramsey and I agree, that would only complicate matters. I'd prefer Humphrey anyways.
Agree here. I'm not even convinced the Ravens would part with even ONE first round pick for Ramsey, and if they turned down two first round picks for him, the Ravens are out of those discussions in that price range.

If we're bringing Ramsey in, he damn sure better be able to get pressure on the QB, spin around, and go back and cover the wide open TE or RB out of the backfield. And he better be able to do that on every single play.

If he can't do those things, he's not nearly a significant enough of an upgrade on this team to warrant the draft capital and cap capital you have to give up to bring him in.

If the QB has the kind of time that Mahomes and Mayfield had, they'll complete passes on Ramsey all day long. And they'll complete passes to TEs and slot receivers, who neither Marlon nor Ramsey are good enough to cover.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Agree here. I'm not even convinced the Ravens would part with even ONE first round pick for Ramsey, and if they turned down two first round picks for him, the Ravens are out of those discussions in that price range.

If we're bringing Ramsey in, he damn sure better be able to get pressure on the QB, spin around, and go back and cover the wide open TE or RB out of the backfield. And he better be able to do that on every single play.

If he can't do those things, he's not nearly a significant enough of an upgrade on this team to warrant the draft capital and cap capital you have to give up to bring him in.

If the QB has the kind of time that Mahomes and Mayfield had, they'll complete passes on Ramsey all day long. And they'll complete passes to TEs and slot receivers, who neither Marlon nor Ramsey are good enough to cover.
[/QUOTE]
It's also why I also don't believe they offered a 1st, 3rd and Hurst for Ramsey. There was no confirmation of that offer.

Fast Eddie

Practice Squad
Did anyone else catch the reports from the game yesterday where someone mentioned the Ravens setting up some trade deadline moves?

Once the Jalen Ramsey holdout started I was pretty confident that they would have gotten a deal done...almost certainly in fact. I was pretty much just scanning the internet to see when it broke. Now, after watching the defense the last 3 weeks, I think pass rush needs to be addressed immediately. Thoughts?

redrum52

Hall of Famer

This is exactly what I was bringing up in another thread.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Did anyone else catch the reports from the game yesterday where someone mentioned the Ravens setting up some trade deadline moves?

Once the Jalen Ramsey holdout started I was pretty confident that they would have gotten a deal done...almost certainly in fact. I was pretty much just scanning the internet to see when it broke. Now, after watching the defense the last 3 weeks, I think pass rush needs to be addressed immediately. Thoughts?

Yeah, as much as I would love Ramsey, pass rush is a much bigger issue on this team. Judon has been almost nonexistent, McPhee has been overworked, and no one else has even sniffed the QB (Ferguson seems to have a decent bull rush, but is still a project). I don't know if this team has ever had a pass rush this BAD; every QB we face has an eternity to wait for whoever Marlon isn't covering to get open.