• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just looked at the list. My issue with King is I don't know why the Packers would trade King when their defense is looking legit. That would seem to make no sense for them because they look like they could contend and Rodgers seems like he likes the idea of being a "game manager". I could maybe see it if he was in the last year of his deal, but he's not so it makes even less sense since they control him for a bit longer. Chris Harris Jr makes some sense, actually, since they are struggling a lot and they look bad so I could see that deal go through. He's also in the final year of his deal so they could look to move him if they don't think they can or will re-sign him. I could get behind this move more than Ramsey & the others because Harris Jr could play the slot, forcing Averett to the bench to cover #4 WRs where he would do much better & then put Carr on the outside more likely than not where he won't be fast but he should be able to at least press some or drop in zone.

The question though would be how much are we willing to give up for Harris? He would likely be a one year rental and could just go elsewhere to get paid after the season.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
The question though would be how much are we willing to give up for Harris? He would likely be a one year rental and could just go elsewhere to get paid after the season.
And then the question becomes how much would he cost? I'm not sure what we would give up for him. I can't imagine his value would be that significant even if he is pretty good and great honestly. I mean he practically just turned 30 so he's in that range where he is still valued but how much longer. I'd say the highest he would fetch would be a 2nd, the lowest a 4th or 5th but that's not likely at all. That would be if the Broncos were desperate to move him. If I had to guess, a 3rd round would get it done since that's what he will fetch them in a comp more likely than not.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
And then the question becomes how much would he cost? I'm not sure what we would give up for him. I can't imagine his value would be that significant even if he is pretty good and great honestly. I mean he practically just turned 30 so he's in that range where he is still valued but how much longer. I'd say the highest he would fetch would be a 2nd, the lowest a 4th or 5th but that's not likely at all. That would be if the Broncos were desperate to move him. If I had to guess, a 3rd round would get it done since that's what he will fetch them in a comp more likely than not.

If we give up a 3rd though then we better be sure that we can extend him for at least a couple of years because that's a high price to pay for one season. I do like the possibility of this trade though because I've always thought Harris was one of the most underappreciated corners in the league despite being one of the best.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Really good list sans Waynes. I’d trade for King in a heartbeat. Love that dude’s size. Chris Harris would be a second option. Fit in perfectly here in the slot. Harris is more realistic though since Denver sucks and he’d be an amazing addition and relatively cheap to trade for.
If king was worth it, then why would they draft 2 corners back to back in rounds 1 and 2 only 2 years later Doesn’t make sense to me if he is worth having.

I’ll say this though, I didn’t like king in the draft and haven’t watched any of him since going pro

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lol apparently the Eagles are going to get aggressive with Ramsey these next few days because of their CB injuries. Hope we’re getting aggressive as well. Carr and AA going to prevent us from making the playoffs and I don’t trust Jimmy when he comes back. Come on EDC.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol apparently the Eagles are going to get aggressive with Ramsey these next few days because of their CB injuries. Hope we’re getting aggressive as well. Carr and AA going to prevent us from making the playoffs and I don’t trust Jimmy when he comes back. Come on EDC.

Didn’t we offer them Hurst, a 2020 1st, and a 2021 2nd?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Didn’t we offer them Hurst, a 2020 1st, and a 2021 2nd?
Apparently, but it was never confirmed. If it’s true, Eagles ain’t offering better so EDC might just have to wait for a call back.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Trade the farm for Ramsey and be aggressive in free agency for defenders. Sick of hoarding picks for scrubs and we have the cap space. Have to take advantage of a QB on a rookie deal

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
Trade the farm for Ramsey and be aggressive in free agency for defenders. Sick of hoarding picks for scrubs and we have the cap space. Have to take advantage of a QB on a rookie deal
We have made offers but the Jags declined. A playoff team offered 2 firsts and Jags declined due to the picks likely being late round selections hense playoff team.

It will take some meneuvering from Ramsey, he needs to sell it to Jax that he will not play and will not resign there to the point it forces Jax to trade him.

The fact that he has coincidentally "took ill" and skipped practices and I'm not even sure he played today, said he will be missing team activities as his wife gives birth. Jax is playing stupid and should trade him.

Would love to have him as it fixes 2 holes in both pass rush and having a lockdown DB. Best key to a poor pass rush is having reliable defenders who make the QB fear throwing their way, making them take longer to go through reeds and typically force throws or take too long and get pressured.

Doesn't seem like that will be the case given Jax stubbornness, and the Ravens constant " well we tried" attitude when it comes to losing out on initial offers for FA/ trades.

Let's hope so.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We have made offers but the Jags declined. A playoff team offered 2 firsts and Jags declined due to the picks likely being late round selections hense playoff team.

It will take some meneuvering from Ramsey, he needs to sell it to Jax that he will not play and will not resign there to the point it forces Jax to trade him.

The fact that he has coincidentally "took ill" and skipped practices and I'm not even sure he played today, said he will be missing team activities as his wife gives birth. Jax is playing stupid and should trade him.

Would love to have him as it fixes 2 holes in both pass rush and having a lockdown DB. Best key to a poor pass rush is having reliable defenders who make the QB fear throwing their way, making them take longer to go through reeds and typically force throws or take too long and get pressured.

Doesn't seem like that will be the case given Jax stubbornness, and the Ravens constant " well we tried" attitude when it comes to losing out on initial offers for FA/ trades.

Let's hope so.
yeah, we would be able to go back to playing man coverage with hump and ramsey on the outside. Two cornerbacks that can shadow receivers and cover the top receivers in this league. It would allow us to play less zone coverage as well. I'm for this, but would rather not give up two first rounders to land him.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I'm not a fan of a trade for Ramsey at this moment. We need to think about the future and we need to keep our picks. We have a lot of holes on this defense and Ramsey isn't solving all our problems. Humphrey's was $$$ today but our gap discipline and edges killed us to go along with our play on the 2nd level. Ramsey himself isn't going to fix that.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not a fan of a trade for Ramsey at this moment. We need to think about the future and we need to keep our picks. We have a lot of holes on this defense and Ramsey isn't solving all our problems. Humphrey's was $$$ today but our gap discipline and edges killed us to go along with our play on the 2nd level. Ramsey himself isn't going to fix that.
communication or lack of it is key. If we can get him for a 1st and 3rd he would be worth the trade, because we won't get a player like him next year in the first. He will allow us to get back to what we do best. Man cover on the outside and less zone, allowing wink to blitz without leaving everyone wide open. Is it going to fix all of our issues, absolutely not, but it would help a bit. I definitely am like you, I don't want to give up the house. Even when we get Jimmy back, he will only be a Raven until the end of the year, because we aren't going to pay him.

We need to fix the front seven this offseason without question.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
communication or lack of it is key. If we can get him for a 1st and 3rd he would be worth the trade, because we won't get a player like him next year in the first. He will allow us to get back to what we do best. Man cover on the outside and less zone, allowing wink to blitz without leaving everyone wide open. Is it going to fix all of our issues, absolutely not, but it would help a bit. I definitely am like you, I don't want to give up the house. Even when we get Jimmy back, he will only be a Raven until the end of the year, because we aren't going to pay him.

We need to fix the front seven this offseason without question.
I think if we just get Jimmy Smith and BWill, that it's going to help this defense a ton. Jimmy is very important in our scheme considering that he himself helps us play plenty more cover 1 and that's kind of what we were hoping to do this season. He's great at covering the flats as well and that's where we've been getting killed at lately. I legit consider Jimmy a candidate for an extension this season since he could give the team a few more good years and it won't cost the team a whole lot. His value has just been proven time and time again. BWill just needs to get to 100% and help us stuff that run game again, I think his presence alone will fix that. I can't wait till he gets back because he's probably our most valuable player on defense.

Ramsey would be good, but that doesn't solve everything and no thanks to giving up two firsts.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think if we just get Jimmy Smith and BWill, that it's going to help this defense a ton. Jimmy is very important in our scheme considering that he himself helps us play plenty more cover 1 and that's kind of what we were hoping to do this season. He's great at covering the flats as well and that's where we've been getting killed at lately. I legit consider Jimmy a candidate for an extension this season since he could give the team a few more good years and it won't cost the team a whole lot. His value has just been proven time and time again. BWill just needs to get to 100% and help us stuff that run game again, I think his presence alone will fix that. I can't wait till he gets back because he's probably our most valuable player on defense.

Ramsey would be good, but that doesn't solve everything and no thanks to giving up two firsts.
getting Jimmy back will be very helpful. I absolutely do not want to give up two 1sts. That would be awfully steap for a corner.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Two first round picks for the best Corner in the game who’s only 24 is worth it. It allows for more man blitzes and coverage sacks. Then we go all in on the defense in the offseason and get absolutely loaded. We need to start being aggressive like the Pats and Eagles and stop hoarding picks for more scrubs/scrub depth

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Two first round picks for the best Corner in the game who’s only 24 is worth it. It allows for more man blitzes and coverage sacks. Then we go all in on the defense in the offseason and get absolutely loaded. We need to start being aggressive like the Pats and Eagles and stop hoarding picks for more scrubs/scrub depth
Humphrey just locked down OBJ today and shadowed him for the night. Look at last year and Ramsey had a pretty down year and has continued his downward trend. At those numbers, he's not worth two first round picks. Is he worth a 1st and another pick, yes, but I don't trade two first round picks unless you trading for Donald, Mack, or a top QB or moving up in the draft.

If Ramsey gets injured after you trade those picks you are shit out of luck and then everyone would be calling for EDC's head for making that move. Much rather improve other parts of the defensive front seven or a top flight Guard / Center in next years draft than trade multiple high picks for Ramsey. That's just my opinion. You have stated multiple times that your preference is to trade two 1sts for Ramsey and I respect that.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Humphrey just locked down OBJ today and shadowed him for the night. Look at last year and Ramsey had a pretty down year and has continued his downward trend. At those numbers, he's not worth two first round picks. Is he worth a 1st and another pick, yes, but I don't trade two first round picks unless you trading for Donald, Mack, or a top QB or moving up in the draft.

If Ramsey gets injured after you trade those picks you are shit out of luck and then everyone would be calling for EDC's head for making that move. Much rather improve other parts of the defensive front seven or a top flight Guard / Center in next years draft than trade multiple high picks for Ramsey. That's just my opinion. You have stated multiple times that your preference is to trade two 1sts for Ramsey and I respect that.
I understand both sides 100%.. I’m just so frustrated with this defense right now

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

But why would The Jags want to trade one of their best players to another afc team ? Especially if they still believe they can win games and possibly make a playoff run. They have legit chance to beat their division rivals as well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I understand both sides 100%.. I’m just so frustrated with this defense right now
as am I. We have given up just as many yards per play as the Dolphins. 7 yards per play. The Bengals are 3rd at 6.4 yards per play.

From the 3rd worst team to the 17th worst team is 0.6 yards per play. The difference between us and the Bengals at #3 is 0.6. That's insane.

GG.exe

Practice Squad
our deficiencies certainly showed up against better competition in the chiefs and browns.

the honeymoon is over after beating easybeats dolphins and cards -- and we struggled against the cards too.

we DO need coverage help and pass rush help. our D is a worry.