• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Update: Welcome to B-More, Jeremy Maclin!

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
we have 3 million in cap room. If flacco has any decency and actually cared about this team rather than copy and pasting the same song next year in the end of season press conference he'd take a paycut. I'm sure his hundreds of millions by the end of his career will be fine for a guy tha'ts never even been a great QB.

We only have 3mil in cap space? Does that include the 2.5mil or whatever we get back from pitta injury? I read his new contract had a injury clause

usmccharles

Practice Squad
man i hope we do this. our wr corps would be the most under the radar unit in the league. they would complement eachother so well. perriman and wallace could seriously light up the league with explosive plays this year if the line is at least decent(big IF) and a sure handed, savvy route running reliable guy like maclin to play the safety valve and chain mover, its an excellent and complementary trio, i think thats a dream group for flacco honestly.
with the contracts WRs that were handed out, I don't think we will be able to afford him sadly. I could see a team like LAR or even the colts making a run.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
We only have 3mil in cap space? Does that include the 2.5mil or whatever we get back from pitta injury? I read his new contract had a injury clause
if thats the case then you can add that as it's not been accounted for. still bottom 6
Still, poorly managed team/roster/wages/

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
if thats the case then you can add that as it's not been accounted for. still bottom 6
Still, poorly managed team/roster/wages/

Not really a problem, thats why you spread out cap hits. Also Flaccos salary is 6m this year so im not sure how much cap space you can make out of that.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not really a problem, thats why you spread out cap hits. Also Flaccos salary is 6m this year so im not sure how much cap space you can make out of that.

almost a 25 million cap hit to boot. Worst contract extension in ravens history.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Not sure we have the cap space to sign him. The Browns could use him and they have a lot of money left to spend, so it could be a long shot for us.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
almost a 25 million cap hit to boot. Worst contract extension in ravens history.

When cap hits are 6m 14m 14m on a 6 year 120m deal, the cap had to exist somewhere. Maybe half the teams in the NFL have a championship QB and the rest have NO chance if winning. You can not win the title without one so they cost money to get.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
When cap hits are 6m 14m 14m on a 6 year 120m deal, the cap had to exist somewhere. Maybe half the teams in the NFL have a championship QB and the rest have NO chance if winning. You can not win the title without one so they cost money to get.
Don't even go there with him....

We could use the experience, but even if we had the cap where does he fit in with Wallace and Perriman? he knows he's not getting high volume targets if Flacco is his QB. His agent is probably knows that we have no oline as well.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Giving a RB who had been worked to death(ray rice) a blockbuster extension was incredibly stupid, and I said this the day the news broke. Also the Pitta contract after such a massive debilitating injury, another one I called ridiculous the day it was signed.

If you didn't see those 2 contracts playing out badly from a mile away then you must not pay attention to the overwhelming pattern of overworked rbs and injured players in the NFL. Far worse contracts than flacco who is still performing at a winning level despite having a horrible supporting cast and massive turnover with coaches every year.

Giving a RB who had been worked to death(ray rice) a blockbuster extension was incredibly stupid, and I said this the day the news broke. Also the Pitta contract after such a massive debilitating injury, another one I called ridiculous the day it was signed.

If you didn't see those 2 contracts playing out badly from a mile away then you must not pay attention to the overwhelming pattern of aging and injured players in the NFL. Far worse contracts than flacco who is still performing at a winning level despite having a horrible supporting cast and massive turnover with coaches every year.

Have to agree here, it seems like they were rewarded for past production when we all knew they weren't going to see out those contracts. I hate to say it but we need to be ruthless like the Patriots and put the team before loyalty to players, Rice's money should have gone to the oline.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I want/would prefer to sign him. But I don't think WR is as dire of a need as everyone else.

Still pissed about that oline though Ozzie. Thanks for wasting another year of Flacco's career.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I would absolutely love Maclin here. He is one of my favourite WR in the NFL, he's an angry, nasty dude that can play anywhere. I couldn't think of a better replacement for SSS to be honest. The cap problem might be too big, but who knows maybe Ozzie was expecting some cut like that to happen and has something up his sleeve to get him. If so, I'll call him a genius for the rest of my life.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Outside of his injury history, he is the type of WR the Ravens would want. I do believe we make a push to get him.

The Greek

Veteran
i would love to see the fo be aggressive in signing maclin but there are plenty of teams with needs at wr and more cap space.

The Greek

Veteran
we have 3 million in cap room. If flacco has any decency and actually cared about this team rather than copy and pasting the same song next year in the end of season press conference he'd take a paycut. I'm sure his hundreds of millions by the end of his career will be fine for a guy tha'ts never even been a great QB.
he has like 20 kids now so i doubt he gives up any of his $$

The Greek

Veteran
maclin has had injury issues and has missed a lot of games but he would round out our receiver corp nicely

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm sure we can sign him if we want to sign him. An extension on Wallace is one way we can do it, or restructuring someone else like Weddle or something. You can even give him a multi year deal. It depends on if he and the Ravens want him here badly enough

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I dont think theres any way he ends up here. SF will probably do what they did to get Garcon- huge upfront money (16-18 mil in year 1).