• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Bad, The Ugly, and the Pathetic

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If Colin Kaepernick in his prime was not at very least good....I don't know what that makes Lamar?
Lamar is much better than Kaep. Talk about inaccurate, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn that was right in front of him.

He was born better than Kaep

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Kitchens wanted Marlon ejected hahaha. How about that punch by Odell, hypocrite?

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
He was never a good QB and he never had a prime to have.
Except for one hell of a post season run to the super bowl, followed by injuries coaching changes and a lack of talent surrounding his rosters. Maybe you call it a fluke but the dude looked exactly like Lamar does now making occasional deep plays and dropping lines like the 400+ yds and multiple scores he put on the Packers in the playoffs. Amd unfortunately unlike Lamar, Kaepernick proved early in his career that he could make big plays in the post season and win games with his arm as well as his legs.

We all saw what happened to Lamar paired with the number one overall D last year against the Chargers....one of the worst playoff game performances ever.

I digress...my main point was what a horrible play call by Greg roman to call a run play even an RPO on 3rd and 6 while losing. For you to say he has never had a good QB when he had one who bottom line was early on price better than Lamar is now...is to say that Lamar isn't a good QB.

It doesn't matter whether Greg Roman had good QBs or not he was still NFC champs in large part to Kaepernick.

I just thought what a horrible play on a day filled with mistakes.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Odell was just upset he lost his earring. Don't play with it idiot....
Oh is that what happened? Lol. I like Odell but he can be a bitch sometimes

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Except for one hell of a post season run to the super bowl, followed by injuries coaching changes and a lack of talent surrounding his rosters. Maybe you call it a fluke but the dude looked exactly like Lamar does now making occasional deep plays and dropping lines like the 400+ yds and multiple scores he put on the Packers in the playoffs. Amd unfortunately unlike Lamar, Kaepernick proved early in his career that he could make big plays in the post season and win games with his arm as well as his legs.

We all saw what happened to Lamar paired with the number one overall D last year against the Chargers....one of the worst playoff game performances ever.

I digress...my main point was what a horrible play call by Greg roman to call a run play even an RPO on 3rd and 6 while losing. For you to say he has never had a good QB when he had one who bottom line was early on price better than Lamar is now...is to say that Lamar isn't a good QB.

It doesn't matter whether Greg Roman had good QBs or not he was still NFC champs in large part to Kaepernick.

I just thought what a horrible play on a day filled with mistakes.
that year he went to the super bowl was his second season in the league and they had one hell of a defense. Sure they had an offense set up for him as we did for Lamar last season, but to compare the two is ridiculous. He didn't have the arm talent that Lamar Jackson does have. Not even close. Could he run, yes I didn't say he couldn't do that. Just watch some of his film and I'm not talking highlights.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I think Tony Jefferson deserves to be benched, but will that make the situation better? How will it sit with the players seeing Jefferson on the bench? I used to think Jefferson caught more criticism then he deserved at times, but now I'm convinced that he needs to go. He'll get cut and replaced no doubt after this season ends, but at the moment I don't think you can do much better. Elliot has certainly improved but can you depend on him full time? Easier said then done and I think the LB's are showing you that.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh is that what happened? Lol. I like Odell but he can be a [profanity deleted] sometimes
heard that on the drive home from the game. Been a while since I've seen a game as pathetic as that at M&T. We can't stop the run and the miscommunication that is killing this defense is evident on a regular basis.

Media said that Peanut, Young and someone else were huddling up in the locker room for about 5 minutes trying to figure out what had happened or something to that extent.

And for everyone who said we should let Mosely walk because he isn't that good, well we didn't have these communication issues when he was our Mic. Guys he was putting Peanut in position to succeed actually every linebacker that lined up next to him succeeded because CJ put them in position to succeed. I didn't want to pay him that amount of money, but to think he can be easily replaced was just flat out stupid.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
Lamar is much better than Kaep. Talk about inaccurate, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn that was right in front of him.

He was born better than Kaep

Let's be honest bro, Lamar has been quite inaccurate so far during his short career, and he knows it often looking frustrated after missing throws he would love to have back. It's hard with little to no time in the pocket, receivers missing assignments drops etc.

I agree Lamar has a higher ceiling than Kaep, I laughed when the 49ers gave him his big extension but argue with his ability to do what he did when the 49ers were a dominant team. Once they declined you saw Kaeps talent start to fade due to losing Jim Harbaugh a top defense and a lot of offensive weapons.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think Tony Jefferson deserves to be benched, but will that make the situation better? How will it sit with the players seeing Jefferson on the bench? I used to think Jefferson caught more criticism then he deserved at times, but now I'm convinced that he needs to go. He'll get cut and replaced no doubt after this season ends, but at the moment I don't think you can do much better. Elliot has certainly improved but can you depend on him full time? Easier said then done and I think the LB's are showing you that.
Last year he had a pretty good year, especially in the second half, but this year he has been downright bad.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
One of the worst defensive performances in Ravens history . The Browns have never had a 150 yard rusher and over 300 yard passing performance in their entire history !

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Let's be honest bro, Lamar has been quite inaccurate so far during his short career, and he knows it often looking frustrated after missing throws he would love to have back. It's hard with little to no time in the pocket, receivers missing assignments drops etc.

I agree Lamar has a higher ceiling than Kaep, I laughed when the 49ers gave him his big extension but argue with his ability to do what he did when the 49ers were a dominant team. Once they declined you saw Kaeps talent start to fade due to losing Jim Harbaugh a top defense and a lot of offensive weapons.

i feel like you havent watched the first 4 games of the year... because you're parroting the old lamar inaccuracy stuff from last year as if he is still that same qb...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Colin Kaepernicks completion percentage starting in 2012
2012 -- 62.4 off of 218 attempts (QBR - 73.7) . 13 games played
2013 -- 58.4 off of 416 attempts (QBR - 67.3) - 16
2014 -- 60.5 off of 478 attempts (QBR - 58.1) - 16
2015 -- 59.0 off of 244 attempts (QBR - 43.7) - 9
2016 -- 59.2 off of 331 attempts (QBR - 49.2) - 12

Lamar Jackson in his first year starting with a full offseason has a 65% completion percentage through 4 games in 2019.

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i feel like you havent watched the first 4 games of the year... because you're parroting the old lamar inaccuracy stuff from last year as if he is still that same qb...
to be fair lamar has missed some throws this year too. He is far better than last season but he still has been missing a few throws.

AvidBird

Practice Squad
to be fair lamar has missed some throws this year too. He is far better than last season but he still has been missing a few throws.
Some of Lamar's throws are misses because of the way he arcs the ball and not necessarily an accuracy issue. He bullets it to the right spot so it gets there half a second faster than he meant for it to.