• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 MLB Postseason

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Thanks, Ginger Anne

Miss you on the boards. Haven't seen you that much propping up your Mandrews!

I'm still a massive fan, but you know, life and stuff.

Would you believe that I'm handing out candy right now dressed as one Mrs. Mark Andrews? :p

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
As a sports fan: congrats to the Nats on their WS win

As a Mets fan: BOOOOOOOOOO (I will say that I don't really hate the Nats like I do the Phillies and Braves especially since the "Met-killer", Harper, is no longer on the team)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
As a sports fan: congrats to the Nats on their WS win

As a Mets fan: BOOOOOOOOOO (I will say that I don't really hate the Nats like I do the Phillies and Braves especially since the "Met-killer", Harper, is no longer on the team)
definitely appreciate the congratulations and yes, I hate the Phillies and it isn't because of Harper. I just hate Philadelphia fans and that is the history behind hating their teams. The body bag game in 1990 between Skins and Eagles didn't help either.

I don't have too many issues with the Braves though and same with the Mets. Of course I also hate the Yankees, but that should go without saying.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
definitely appreciate the congratulations and yes, I hate the Phillies and it isn't because of Harper. I just hate Philadelphia fans and that is the history behind hating their teams. The body bag game in 1990 between Skins and Eagles didn't help either.

I don't have too many issues with the Braves though and same with the Mets. Of course I also hate the Yankees, but that should go without saying.

Yeah, Philly fans are despicable lol

I'm a bit sad that the Nats won this WS without Daniel Murphy though. I was pissed when the Mets got rid of him after he basically carried us to the WS in which we lost to KC and I know Murphy was on the Nats last season (I actually got to go to a Nats-Braves game down in DC last year which was pretty cool).

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, Philly fans are despicable lol

I'm a bit sad that the Nats won this WS without Daniel Murphy though. I was pissed when the Mets got rid of him after he basically carried us to the WS in which we lost to KC and I know Murphy was on the Nats last season (I actually got to go to a Nats-Braves game down in DC last year which was pretty cool).
Murphy was on the team for 2 or 3 seasons and was one of my favorite players and a leader on the team. I'm assuming the Braves won that game. They had our number for most of the season. I was glad to see them eliminated by the Cardinals in the NLDS and have to wonder what the Braves players and fans are thinking. I'm sure the fans probably think they missed out on a chance to win a WS this season.

Anyway, our ghosts of playoff past from 2012 have been put to rest. That was the year we lost a 6-0 lead in the NLDS in game 5. Ever since then we couldn't get past the NLDS and this was the first year we made it past that round. We had been in the playoffs in 2012, 14, 16, 17, and of course this year.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The offseason has begun:
Zimmerman's option was declined. He's a part time player now, so they probably are just going to work out another one year contract with him. Can't imagine him going to another team.

Matt Adams: option declined

Strasburg: opts out of contract --- this has the potential of being huge, but loves being in the DC area and may just rework his contract

Rendon: is a free agent - this is a must resign

My DH and I were at the celebration yesterday it was a once in a lifetime experience.

Hopefully they can work things out with those guys.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My DH and I were at the celebration yesterday it was a once in a lifetime experience.

Hopefully they can work things out with those guys.
that's awesome. I had to watch it on TV but I can imagine it was great to be in attendance. I'm hoping we can work out deals with those guys as well. Especially Stras, Rendon and Zimmerman