• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 MLB Postseason

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Nats take lead in 7th with a solo hr by Rendon and a two run hr by Kendrick.

3-2 going into the bottom of the 7th

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bases loaded at the top of 9th with one out. Nats can seal the game here with a few insurance runs.

Edit: Base hit adds two insurance runs and the Nats lead 6-2.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Was not expecting the Nats to win it all when the postseason started. Congrats @RavensMania and other Nats fans. This was a good series.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
For the first time since the 1924 World Series when the Washington Senators won the World series, a DC Baseball team has won the World Series. The Washington Nationals win their first World Series Championship.

95 years for DC to wait between World Series Championships......... amazing.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Rich Eisen @richeisen 1m
Remarkably, the last home win in a World Series still belongs to the #Dodgers in Game 3 last year. 9 straight road team wins.

Remarkably, the last team to celebrate a World Series clincher in front of their home fans remains the 2013 #RedSox. Six straight road team clinchers.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Was not expecting the Nats to win it all when the postseason started. Congrats @RavensMania and other Nats fans. This was a good series.
Thanks!!!!!!

I wasn't sure If I'd ever see this. This was an incredible series!!!!

First time in 1,420 series 7 in any sport MLB, Basketball or Hockey that went the entire series without a team winning at home.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Nats used half the money they would have spent on Harper to resign him and put that towards the signing of Patrick Corbin, who came up huge tonight after Scherzer left the game. With Harper, we may not have even won the game. He never has been that good in the postseason anyway.

Pats

Veteran
Im sorry but aj hinchs managing is worse than anything dave roberts has done, and thats saying something. He should be fired. Also congrats nats fans.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Im sorry but aj hinchs managing is worse than anything dave roberts has done, and thats saying something. He should be fired. Also congrats nats fans.
pulling Greinke yes, but He's one hell of a manager. I do have a friend who is a big time Dodger fan and he dan't stand Roberts. Feels he is always over managing and overworking his pitchers during the regular season. He's wanted him fired for three years now.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I want to thank everyone for their support of the Nationals, during this Historic World Series. I know that may have been difficult for some Oriole fans out there as well.

I'm sure you can imagine, I haven't been able to get any work done today AND I'm hoping it's the same way on Monday morning, if you catch my drift.

I hardly got any sleep I watched all of the postgame stuff on Fox and then MASN and was still wide awake and excited for a while afterward.