• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 MLB Postseason

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Rooting for the Nats so we can get a game 7, but I would like to see the Astros win it all. Would give me something to dream about for the Orioles.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the Nationals have to have as many people rooting them on as possible, including Oriole fans.

Pats

Veteran
I want astros win purely for a bet I have on them, and also because I like greinke and cole. But otherwise id definitely be happy with a nats win. Also it would be delicious if nats win a title as soon as bryce overpaid harper leaves lol.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I want astros win purely for a bet I have on them, and also because I like greinke and cole. But otherwise id definitely be happy with a nats win. Also it would be delicious if nats win a title as soon as bryce overpaid harper leaves lol.
This!

and of course I am a Nats fan.

I feel for all the Oriole fans, considering they just had b2b 100 game losses for the first time in their franchise history, dating back to 1954. If EBW was still around, this would get turned around quickly, he was a great owner. Hell the losses wouldn't have even happened.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the Nationals have to have as many people rooting them on as possible, including Oriole fans.
Well, I guess you can add me to the Nats side now. My rooting for Astros was all based on Verlander. I really wanted him to break the curse of the WS, because I HATE those narratives of "oh, he's a first ballot hall of famer, but couldn't win the big one" ... as if all the success he had in the postseason other than the WS doesn't count and like he didn't help propel the Astros into being the championship caliber team that they are now. Like - if Altuve singles in 2 runs in the bottom of the 5th and the Astros pen hold the lead, he'd somehow be a much more clutch pitcher than he is now.

My guy was running on fumes last night. Soto's eyes looked like beach balls when that pitch was 30 feet from the plate. That was a homer before his bat touched the ball.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I don't hate the Nats as much as some other O's fans, so it doesn't really matter to me. But I still feel a little weird rooting for the Nats... I just want to see another fun game.

This!

I feel for all the Oriole fans, considering they just had b2b 100 game losses for the first time in their franchise history, dating back to 1954. If EBW was still around, this would get turned around quickly, he was a great owner. Hell the losses wouldn't have even happened.
As for EBW, I don't know. It was Jerry Hoffberger and his ownership group that brought in Cashen and Dalton that built the team that went on a glorious 20 year stretch. EBW basically inherited that he purchased the team in 1979. Once that core of great players had fallen away by 1984 and only Eddie and Cal were left, he embarked on a failed attempt to complete in the FA market, rather than focus on young talent and the farm system and the team took a turn for the worse.

But make no mistake ... I'd take him over the Angelos family, every day and twice on Sunday.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well, I guess you can add me to the Nats side now. My rooting for Astros was all based on Verlander. I really wanted him to break the curse of the WS, because I HATE those narratives of "oh, he's a first ballot hall of famer, but couldn't win the big one" ... as if all the success he had in the postseason other than the WS doesn't count and like he didn't help propel the Astros into being the championship caliber team that they are now. Like - if Altuve singles in 2 runs in the bottom of the 5th and the Astros pen hold the lead, he'd somehow be a much more clutch pitcher than he is now.

My guy was running on fumes last night. Soto's eyes looked like beach balls when that pitch was 30 feet from the plate. That was a homer before his bat touched the ball.
I thought Soto's homer was going to leave the stadium. BTW, well said on Verlander.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
As for EBW, I don't know. It was Jerry Hoffberger and his ownership group that brought in Cashen and Dalton that built the team that went on a glorious 20 year stretch. EBW basically inherited that he purchased the team in 1979. Once that core of great players had fallen away by 1984 and only Eddie and Cal were left, he embarked on a failed attempt to complete in the FA market, rather than focus on young talent and the farm system and the team took a turn for the worse.

But make no mistake ... I'd take him over the Angelos family, every day and twice on Sunday.
Thanks for that info, I wasn't aware of that as I started rooting for the Orioles back in 1977, when I got into baseball. Eddie is my favorite player and Cal is 2nd. I heard Cal Ripken speak once and he is an incredible motivational speaker.

Pats

Veteran
This!

Giving monster contracts to glorified DH's like chris davis can always tank a team without high budgets, our own khris davis in oakland is starting to stink a bit too but his contract isnt nearly as bad. O's will turn around but not for another 2 seasons id wager.

Giving monster contracts to glorified DH's like chris davis can always tank a team without high budgets, our own khris davis in oakland is starting to stink a bit too but his contract isnt nearly as bad. O's will turn around but not for another 2 seasons id wager.
Let's not forget Ubaldo. Signing Davis ... and at the same time letting Nelson Cruz walk. There have been so many bad moves by this team over the years, they are hard to count. But perhaps the worst thing about this franchise is their apparent inability to develop pitching.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm proud of the Nationals win or lose, but I have to give the Astros and more specifically Greinke credit today. He has thrown a masterpiece.