• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 5 Discussion (Other Teams)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Garbage Time is when you stand absolutely NO chance to come back. With 20 minutes remaining in the Packers Cowboys game, you initially called it Garbage time.

@Adreme

and that was because in your opinion, the Cowboys were playing poorly and couldn't come back. Meanwhile they got to within 14 points and had all the momentum on their side until Dak threw the interception. Now they are down 17 points.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Garbage Time is when you stand absolutely NO chance to come back. With 20 minutes remaining in the Packers Cowboys game, you initially called it Garbage time.

@Adreme

and that was because in your opinion, the Cowboys were playing poorly and couldn't come back. Meanwhile they got to within 14 points and had all the momentum on their side until Dak threw the interception. Now they are down 17 points.

Its not how they were playing, its the situation in the game. Even with everything going as well as possible, and ignoring who is playing or the talent level, or how its gone, Dallas still loses from this position I want to say its still over 95% but when I called garbage time it was over 99%.

Dallas will likely get the ball back and I am betting they make it a one-score game and the stat line will not reflect that offense choked just as hard as the defense did because Dallas got some garbage time stat padding to make Cooper look good (he cost them points) and add passing yards to make up for the INTs (which should have been 4 or 5)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Its not how they were playing, its the situation in the game. Even with everything going as well as possible, and ignoring who is playing or the talent level, or how its gone, Dallas still loses from this position I want to say its still over 95% but when I called garbage time it was over 99%.

Dallas will likely get the ball back and I am betting they make it a one-score game and the stat line will not reflect that offense choked just as hard as the defense did because Dallas got some garbage time stat padding to make Cooper look good (he cost them points) and add passing yards to make up for the INTs (which should have been 4 or 5)
it's not garbage. No way is this garbage time

now they probably won't win and I'm not saying they will win, but it's very possible and they are playing well outside bad turnover a few moments ago

You aren't one to admit your are wrong though.........

rossihunter2

Staff Member

but its not stat padding if they have a chance of winning - they're 10 points down with still nearly 5 minutes left on the clock

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
but its not stat padding if they have a chance of winning - they're 10 points down with still nearly 5 minutes left on the clock

And the OTHER team has the ball so you may as well shave 2 minutes off that clock at the start. You can even see in the defense GB is GIVING them these stats.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
but already up to 5 sacks for the season - i never thought we'd miss him this much
i knew we'd miss CJ and Sizzle but not ZDS

Is it really THAT much worse then last year? I feel like these exact same problems were happening last year, it was just that Mosley and Jimmy were able to cover the defender for long enough.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Is it really THAT much worse then last year? I feel like these exact same problems were happening last year, it was just that Mosley and Jimmy were able to cover the defender for long enough.
absolutely nothing like last year. Did you even watch the games last year, I mean seriously.

We didn't give up many big plays last year at all

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
absolutely nothing like last year. Did you even watch the games last year, I mean seriously.

We didn't give up many big plays last year at all

I do not mean the big plays. I mean the pass rush. I assume ZDS is not in charge of covering deep. Jimmy will come back and the big plays will somehow magically stop and the pass rush will probably still be awful. Still miss Mosley for covering (but he got hurt anyway) but the pass rush sucked last year and sucks this year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

yes its a lot worse than last year - the ability to have 3 guys who consistently would beat the guy opposite them and have them all on the field at once because of the versatility of ZDS to slide inside also was monumental - creates quick pressure with only 4 man rush - now the pass rush wasnt brilliant last year but it complemented (because of Judon and Sizzle on the outside) the dime package we had in place where we could create effective, impactful deceptive pressure with 4-5 man rushes on a consistent basis

but no one is really winning their 1v1s this year outside of occasionally judon which means that we're scheming pressure which leaves large windows to throw to on the backend - what's really frustrating is that even when we send the house we're still not getting home

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I do not mean the big plays. I mean the pass rush. I assume ZDS is not in charge of covering deep. Jimmy will come back and the big plays will somehow magically stop and the pass rush will probably still be awful. Still miss Mosley for covering (but he got hurt anyway) but the pass rush sucked last year and sucks this year.
we had more push inside so we definitely had more inside pressure but not that much . We also had suggs getting some sacks in the first half. But yes, the pass rush has been generally bad the last few years, but this year is the worst of the three or four.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well the Colts are running the ball well much like we did against the Chiefs. If the Chiefs don't do something to fix their run defense, it will be their downfall in January.