• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The JT Money, The Steelers and The Zebras

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I do. The NFL is just a season of week to week games. Inferior teams beat better teams literally every week.
The World Champion Patriots got beat by Marcus Mariota, Ryan Tannehill, and Blake Bortles last year.
Fans that think teams can or can't beat certain teams only think that way because they can't see past the last game they saw, and they think teams play the same every week.
You've never seen a team perform the same way every week in NFL history. Not sure why you think the Ravens would all of the sudden be that team that you know, for certain, that they can't beat certain teams.
im 10000%
Percent sure the ravens cant beat kc nor pats in
Playoffs with this team

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does anyone really believe our team can beat The Patriots, Rams , Seahawks, Texans and even the 49ers at San Fran ?
That gives us 7 losses right there . I just don’t see a playoff team this year ,sadly.
Let's not put the Texans on a pedestal because they crushed the Falcons. The Rams haven't been that good this year. And the Seahawks barely got by the Bengals and Steelers (beat them by a combined 3 points).

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i have nothing to say except that we look like shit. We have offseasons to go before we can compete. This current team is not gonna get it done but its
Cool to see how well our players develop.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i have nothing to say except that we look like shit. We have offseasons to go before we can compete. This current team is not gonna get it done but its
Cool to see how well our players develop.
Totally agree with this statement. I still think we can complete but our defense will absolutely have to get better. That being said, no way we lose Wink to another team, but he could end up being fired at the end of the season. Depends on if we improve.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Ya know the difference between Canaday and Averett was astounding. Maybe it was just the steelers in their current form, but Canaday held his own, and didn't make we want to die like AA.

With regards to the officiating crew... this from Adam Lefkoe on twitter (someone else posted it earlier but i couldnt find it)...

"Walt Anderson and his crew have been AWFUL this season. This week there was 5+ terrible calls in the PIT-BAL game. His crew did KC-DET last week with all that nonsense. His crew did LAR-NO in week 2 for that fumble debauchery. So, so bad."

these officials are literally ruining games on a weekly basis - the fact that they're still an active crew after this many problems is a bad sign - the fact that their bad calls arent being corrected on review is even more of a problem
This is not the first year this guy has sucked. I don't bother with memorizing ref names, but know his ugly mug and I cringe whenever I see him and I've felt that way for what seems like a few years now. Please - put him on Dolphin games for the remainder of the season, since they aren't bothering to try to win anyway. Who knows, maybe he'll give them one.

Tank

Hall of Famer
i
ngl im kinda worried that Earl might get a retroactive 1-2 game suspension albeit i hope not
I think anyone watching the replay will see it was an unfortunate circumstance of Rudolph getting hit from behind just before ET was aiming to hit him in the chest. no intent there, purely accidental.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Then again, maybe we are afraid to run rubs. That call on Roberts for an illegal pick looks bogus as can be. I don't think you could run that any better. Ive seen lots of teams run way way more egregious picks and ...nothing from the refs. Id say that route combination and call were perfect. Inram was the target and he was the only target and Roberts along with both TE's were only out there to get him open and get the first down. refs man.

The call on the colts as well was appalling on a legal pick route

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also kudos to Canady he held tight coverage and almost got another INT. I gotta rewatch the game to see how he played once the all 22 is out

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Totally agree with this statement. I still think we can complete but our defense will absolutely have to get better. That being said, no way we lose Wink to another team, but he could end up being fired at the end of the season. Depends on if we improve.
I dnt think we lose wink. Im gonna give him the benefit of the doubt cause we dont have tavon, jimmy, pass rush nor lbs lol. We can see the problem every game. There isnt great communication like it was last year. Our defense not even disguised anymore

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Also kudos to Canady he held tight coverage and almost got another INT. I gotta rewatch the game to see how he played once the all 22 is out
Yea they kept trying to target him deep.. actually looks like we were prepared for it.. we have been getting killed down the middle though

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is not the first year this guy has sucked. I don't bother with memorizing ref names, but know his ugly mug and I cringe whenever I see him and I've felt that way for what seems like a few years now. Please - put him on Dolphin games for the remainder of the season, since they aren't bothering to try to win anyway. Who knows, maybe he'll give them one.
But here's the thing... most of the "bad calls" that went against us were reviewed. So, at least in the opinion of myself and others, not only did the on-field refs get it wrong, but the replay officials in a different State got it wrong.

The reviewed the non-call PI that resulted in the INT. They didn't find enough there to reverse (which I find difficult to believe). They reviewed the catch/fumble out of bounds, and didn't find enough to overturn. They reviewed the interception that hit the ground, and didn't find enough to overturn.

I can't really blame Walt Anderson's crew for that. I can blame them for some of the other bad calls (the roughing call on Lamar was laughably bad), but the material calls that went against the Ravens were all reviewed by the league office.

And I would be absolutely shocked to hear the league office come back a few days later and say "yeah, we got a call that we reviewed in real time wrong". That's just never going to happen in my eyes.

At least with the stupid PI rules they put in place, everybody gets it now. They're not going to change that all barely ever. They put the rule in place to cover their own ass from the embarrassment of the NFC title game, but 99.99% of those calls are going to go with the call on the field. That's why when fans clamor for the review of subjective calls, they don't know what they're doing. This is what you get. The review of something subjective makes it... subjective. The NFL doesn't want to be in the business of changing subjectivity.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
he would have if he wasn't interfered with