• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The JT Money, The Steelers and The Zebras

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does anyone really believe our team can beat The Patriots, Rams , Seahawks, Texans and even the 49ers at San Fran ?
That gives us 7 losses right there . I just don’t see a playoff team this year ,sadly.
I do. The NFL is just a season of week to week games. Inferior teams beat better teams literally every week.
The World Champion Patriots got beat by Marcus Mariota, Ryan Tannehill, and Blake Bortles last year.
Fans that think teams can or can't beat certain teams only think that way because they can't see past the last game they saw, and they think teams play the same every week.
You've never seen a team perform the same way every week in NFL history. Not sure why you think the Ravens would all of the sudden be that team that you know, for certain, that they can't beat certain teams.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's why I wouldn't want to trade a 1st for anyone but a good pass rusher. Minkah was way overpaid for and I liked him coming out of 'bama.
I wouldn't give up more than like a 5th or 6th round pick for any player to play in the secondary. You've got plenty of quality secondary players on the roster, with or without the injuries. Play those guys.

If we can't rush the QB, it doesn't matter. You can put Ramsey opposite Marlon, bring in Chris Harris in the slot, and put Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor back there. It won't matter. Get pressure on the QB, or most QBs we play will not have an issue completing passes against us.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The games against the Pats will only be considered good for fantasy, because the entirety of the game will be considered garbage time.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Pretty much what most people will say, at least for the first one ...

The Good: Tucker. There is no one close in the NFL. We must not forget, he may be our most potent weapon. Humph - got burned on the first punch attempt but came through big on the last one

The Bad: Oh my dear god that may be the worst officiating crew I've ever seen. The Steelers got burned several times and we got burned double. Look, I understand it is a hard game to call real time - but when they give you the opportunity to right your wrong - you take it. Why have replay if the crew is going to see they obviously missed the call and somehow justify in their own mind that they made the right call on the field? The league should slap this crew DOWN.

The Ugly: Just the game as a hole. It was excruciating. It sapped a day's worth of energy in just over 3 hours. Poor play. Major injuries all around. We play like that going forward we'll be lucky to be 7-9. What a difference the win makes, though. Had we lost, it would feel like the season was effectively over. Now we can still achieve our regular season goals, if we get our shit together. The problem is - that "if" I just said needs to be caps and huge font, like this ...
IF

With regards to the officiating crew... this from Adam Lefkoe on twitter (someone else posted it earlier but i couldnt find it)...

"Walt Anderson and his crew have been AWFUL this season. This week there was 5+ terrible calls in the PIT-BAL game. His crew did KC-DET last week with all that nonsense. His crew did LAR-NO in week 2 for that fumble debauchery. So, so bad."

these officials are literally ruining games on a weekly basis - the fact that they're still an active crew after this many problems is a bad sign - the fact that their bad calls arent being corrected on review is even more of a problem

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
With regards to the officiating crew... this from Adam Lefkoe on twitter (someone else posted it earlier but i couldnt find it)...

"Walt Anderson and his crew have been AWFUL this season. This week there was 5+ terrible calls in the PIT-BAL game. His crew did KC-DET last week with all that nonsense. His crew did LAR-NO in week 2 for that fumble debauchery. So, so bad."

these officials are literally ruining games on a weekly basis - the fact that they're still an active crew after this many problems is a bad sign - the fact that their bad calls arent being corrected on review is even more of a problem
They legit made this game nearly unwatchable

rossihunter2

Staff Member
They legit made this game nearly unwatchable

i never thought id see a call go against the steelers and recoil from its egregiousness - and we had way worse from the refs but they had some monstrosities go their way also...

the roughing call on lamar, the fact that walt anderson only put a flag on the ground after he realised rudolph had been knocked out

ngl im kinda worried that Earl might get a retroactive 1-2 game suspension albeit i hope not

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
i never thought id see a call go against the steelers and recoil from its egregiousness - and we had way worse from the refs but they had some monstrosities go their way also...

the roughing call on lamar, the fact that walt anderson only put a flag on the ground after he realised rudolph had been knocked out

ngl im kinda worried that Earl might get a retroactive 1-2 game suspension albeit i hope not

Fortunately Earl does not really have a record, also the saddest part about that roughing call is that it was not even the worst roughing call this Sunday.... what is with the officiating this week?

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Waiting until Tuesday or so to see all 22 but I'm watching bits and pieces of broadcast.
On the Marlon strip at the end; We send 6 rushers and Ju Ju gets a good bit of separation on his route from Marlon. Marlon has him at the line and JU Ju bends around Bynes and he beats Marlon and is OPEN! Couldn't see how he got separation.

Our offensive sequence and play calling on our first OT possession looks rough. Im not sure what the deal with that quick dump to Mark on third down was..
Every time Im set to criticize Ingram, he manages to do something positive but I'm going to say it. He runs hard, has good vision but zero make you miss and limited explosion through the hole or around the edge. He doesn't strike me at all as a must have back or the perfect back for our system or anything other than a decent back that gets some tough yards and it strikes me that we need some burst out of the backfield.

Im really questioning our routes in combination and it appears we've gone back to our Marty days .....running into zone coverage...non complimentary routes. Nothing rhymes and nothing seems to reason or have rhythm. What in the dickens happened to this revolutionary scheme we were supposed to see? Last year was cutting edge compared to what we've seen the last three weeks and I don't get it.

Two inside slants inside the 10 against single coverage. I don't like it. It doesn't afford Lamar to read both routes for one. Its too congested and to my mind we would have better served rubbing the two and letting Lamar read the defenders and throw to space. He has enough time to read that and enough space from the nine to work the back corner along with post.

I saw at least one play where Lamar has a receiver in the flat early with a defenders back turned to double team another receiver and he held the ball. perhaps this to come with more experience.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Then again, maybe we are afraid to run rubs. That call on Roberts for an illegal pick looks bogus as can be. I don't think you could run that any better. Ive seen lots of teams run way way more egregious picks and ...nothing from the refs. Id say that route combination and call were perfect. Inram was the target and he was the only target and Roberts along with both TE's were only out there to get him open and get the first down. refs man.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Waiting until Tuesday or so to see all 22 but I'm watching bits and pieces of broadcast.
On the Marlon strip at the end; We send 6 rushers and Ju Ju gets a good bit of separation on his route from Marlon. Marlon has him at the line and JU Ju bends around Bynes and he beats Marlon and is OPEN! Couldn't see how he got separation.

Our offensive sequence and play calling on our first OT possession looks rough. Im not sure what the deal with that quick dump to Mark on third down was..
Every time Im set to criticize Ingram, he manages to do something positive but I'm going to say it. He runs hard, has good vision but zero make you miss and limited explosion through the hole or around the edge. He doesn't strike me at all as a must have back or the perfect back for our system or anything other than a decent back that gets some tough yards and it strikes me that we need some burst out of the backfield.

Im really questioning our routes in combination and it appears we've gone back to our Marty days .....running into zone coverage...non complimentary routes. Nothing rhymes and nothing seems to reason or have rhythm. What in the dickens happened to this revolutionary scheme we were supposed to see? Last year was cutting edge compared to what we've seen the last three weeks and I don't get it.

Two inside slants inside the 10 against single coverage. I don't like it. It doesn't afford Lamar to read both routes for one. Its too congested and to my mind we would have better served rubbing the two and letting Lamar read the defenders and throw to space. He has enough time to read that and enough space from the nine to work the back corner along with post.

I saw at least one play where Lamar has a receiver in the flat early with a defenders back turned to double team another receiver and he held the ball. perhaps this to come with more experience.
I have a question about Snead. Have you noticed what's changed from last year to this year where he's not making as many plays?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I've tried. He may come back in the offseason but he's not even sure about that
Back in September, he said in the WAV fantasy league that he wasn't planning on coming back. It would be nice if you can convince him to come back, but I understand if he doesn't want to.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Back in September, he said in the WAV fantasy league that he wasn't planning on coming back. It would be nice if you can convince him to come back, but I understand if he doesn't want to.
he's told me that as well but recently I talked to him and asked if he would come back in the offseason. He said he would revisit it then.