• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The JT Money, The Steelers and The Zebras

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
a bad win, still counts as 1 point in the win column.
I will always agree with this, as it was the Ravens slogan during their most recent Super Bowl run.

But when you play this bad against 2 lackluster divisional rivals, and have the Seahawks, Patriots, Rams, and Texans later this year it doesn't look good for us. How do we expect to even matchup with those teams with a defense capable of blowing up, and a one trick pony offense that has been singled out in 3 straight weeks with absolutely no signs of improvments shown yet.

Too early to call it a season, and there is always room for improvement but games like today that prove this roster is in the same exact spot as last year, maybe we battle for the division, maybe make the playoffs. But this offense has not shown it can win games yet even with the defense doing it's job.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Ugly win, but it's always good for the soul to see the Steelers at 1-4. At least they can look forward to the draft. Oh wait...

Then there's always this, by the great Ian Holloway, which holds true on a day like this.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I will always agree with this, as it was the Ravens slogan during their most recent Super Bowl run.

But when you play this bad against 2 lackluster divisional rivals, and have the Seahawks, Patriots, Rams, and Texans later this year it doesn't look good for us. How do we expect to even matchup with those teams with a defense capable of blowing up, and a one trick pony offense that has been singled out in 3 straight weeks with absolutely no signs of improvments shown yet.

Too early to call it a season, and there is always room for improvement but games like today that prove this roster is in the same exact spot as last year, maybe we battle for the division, maybe make the playoffs. But this offense has not shown it can win games yet even with the defense doing it's job.
I didn't say it looked good for us. We very well could lose all 4 of those games, but if we can split them that would be a win in my books.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I understand the Lamar has to be better talk. I really do. In one aspect of his game, he has shown us that often, even with time, he'll overthrow you a la Seth Roberts. HOW FUCKING EVER what the heck is that guy supposed to do when he's constantly feeling pressure from the defense, and internal mental pressure that he has to carry the team. All I'm saying I guess is that Lamar isn't stupid. He hasn't been great but he's the only reason we've even had a chance in these games and HE KNOWS IT. He feels like he has to put the team on his back every play because unfortunately he fucking does. Andrews is a gem but he's playing hobbled. Marquise is probably a gem but he's playing hobbled. Everyone else is either playing so unbelievably poorly it's disgusting or mediocre at best. It's like there's no sliding scale on offense.

Jaleel Scott-- No snaps
Chris Moore--Literally useless
Seth Roberts--Literally uselsss
Miles Boykin--Literally useless
Willie Snead-- Mediocre because apparently we don't like using him
Marquise Brown--Big play potential that we haven't used in games
So out of the wide receivers, on a week to week basis you've pretty much got nothing. I'm pretty sure Hollywood was the only receiver with a catch for an enormously long part of the game.

Tight ends are all doing their jobs, but only Andrews is a CONSISTENTLY dynamic player.

So when Lamar has to throw he's legitimately only got 2 targets at any given time that have the ability to get open. What do you want him to do when he's being attacked by the defense with no one to throw to?

I'll tell you what I want. Better accuracy when he has the time. Stop dancing in the pocket so much. And stop forcing passes that will lead to interceptions. I think by seasons end he can probably do that, but to expect much more out of him given who he's playing with is probably just going to lead to sadness

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does anyone really believe our team can beat The Patriots, Rams , Seahawks, Texans and even the 49ers at San Fran ?
That gives us 7 losses right there . I just don’t see a playoff team this year ,sadly.

Grendelwulf

Practice Squad
First: I don't get to watch any games so I just listen to audio on the website, thank God for that at least that. So I appreciate everyone's feedback, discussions and this entire board.

Also, I feel like our division always gives us fits no matter what. So I'll take any win. Hope everyone recovers well.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
First: I don't get to watch any games so I just listen to audio on the website, thank God for that at least that. So I appreciate everyone's feedback, discussions and this entire board.

Also, I feel like our division always gives us fits no matter what. So I'll take any win. Hope everyone recovers well.
You can watch online

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

you can stream on reddit

What an ugly win but it doesnt matter and we might be 1 in the division if the 9ers beat the browns

some positives are that canady has quietly stepped up the past 2 weeks and should be the 3rd corner once jimmy comes back ive seen enough of carr

Bynes and fort both played well especially being signed this week and look better than young and board, peanut played better too

Our pass rush is absolutely horrendous and we need to trade for someone like tonight, ferguson played solid as did judon and mcphee, but we cant expect to win with 3 at best decent inconsistent pass rushers, dont even wanna talk about pierce and bwill doing next to nothing in the pass game

Tony getting hurt doesn’t even faze me as we know that he wont be on the field now, hes terrible and cant cover a snail, elliot will be an upgrade over him even if hes young and inexperienced( wouldnt mind signing berry or tj mcdonald for experience)

The offense needs to get their shit together and someone beeds to step up outside of the Tes and hollywood

Idk if we can get into the bye at 5-2 or 4-3 and get jimmy back as well as everyone else getting healthy we dont look to bad

Pretty much what most people will say, at least for the first one ...

The Good: Tucker. There is no one close in the NFL. We must not forget, he may be our most potent weapon. Humph - got burned on the first punch attempt but came through big on the last one

The Bad: Oh my dear god that may be the worst officiating crew I've ever seen. The Steelers got burned several times and we got burned double. Look, I understand it is a hard game to call real time - but when they give you the opportunity to right your wrong - you take it. Why have replay if the crew is going to see they obviously missed the call and somehow justify in their own mind that they made the right call on the field? The league should slap this crew DOWN.

The Ugly: Just the game as a hole. It was excruciating. It sapped a day's worth of energy in just over 3 hours. Poor play. Major injuries all around. We play like that going forward we'll be lucky to be 7-9. What a difference the win makes, though. Had we lost, it would feel like the season was effectively over. Now we can still achieve our regular season goals, if we get our shit together. The problem is - that "if" I just said needs to be caps and huge font, like this ...
IF

What an ugly win but it doesnt matter and we might be 1 in the division if the 9ers beat the browns

some positives are that canady has quietly stepped up the past 2 weeks and should be the 3rd corner once jimmy comes back ive seen enough of carr

Bynes and fort both played well especially being signed this week and look better than young and board, peanut played better too

Our pass rush is absolutely horrendous and we need to trade for someone like tonight, ferguson played solid as did judon and mcphee, but we cant expect to win with 3 at best decent inconsistent pass rushers, dont even wanna talk about pierce and bwill doing next to nothing in the pass game

Tony getting hurt doesn’t even faze me as we know that he wont be on the field now, hes terrible and cant cover a snail, elliot will be an upgrade over him even if hes young and inexperienced( wouldnt mind signing berry or tj mcdonald for experience)

The offense needs to get their shit together and someone beeds to step up outside of the Tes and hollywood

Idk if we can get into the bye at 5-2 or 4-3 and get jimmy back as well as everyone else getting healthy we dont look to bad
Yes - I agree Bynes being out there seemed to help some. Canady scared me this preseason as I thought he was looking pretty rough. He's been respectable at the very least.

And I'd talk about our pass rush - but apparently we don't have one to talk about. We cannot win tough games with zero pressure on good QBs. We couldn't rattle a 3rd stringer. I mean - he wasn't wildly successful, but by no means did we make him uncomfortable. We are going to get picked apart if someone doesn't step up.

It was nice to have the win but there is very little confidence that I can muster based on what I've been seeing.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Eric better be ringing phones off the damn hook. I mean texting gms like “wyd” at 1am and all that shit. Invite elway to a cookout then make an offer for von Miller, go snag an interior OL, SOMETHING.

This team is so bad right now, we’re spiraling
Just to be clear... we can't afford Von Miller. If you traded for him today, we'd owe him like $11.5M the rest of the year. We don't have the cap space for that, and there's no real obvious way to create it either.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why didnt we pick up Minkah? Now Jefferson is out and we have three starting defenders out now.
Because Minkah doesn't rush the passer. And if he doesn't, it doesn't really matter how good your safeties or Corners are. That's what fans are seeing clearly now.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Because Minkah doesn't rush the passer. And if he doesn't, it doesn't really matter how good your safeties or Corners are. That's what fans are seeing clearly now.
it's why I wouldn't want to trade a 1st for anyone but a good pass rusher. Minkah was way overpaid for and I liked him coming out of 'bama.