• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bengals

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Does anyone know how many times AJ and Jimmy have actually played against each other? Genuinely curious to see how many occasions both have been healthy at the same time.
-2013: both times
-2014: season opener in Baltimore (bum ass Chykie Brown (I think?) was on Green leading up to his GW TD)
-2015: both times (I think?)
-2016: neither
-2017: season opener in Cincinnati
-2018: both times

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
-2013: both times
-2014: season opener in Baltimore (bum ass Chykie Brown (I think?) was on Green leading up to his GW TD)
-2015: both times (I think?)
-2016: neither
-2017: season opener in Cincinnati
-2018: both times
Jimmy wasn't playing as well in the early part of 2015 due to the lisfranc in 2014. Most of the games that Jimmy has been healthy he has been able to shut AJ Green down for the most part. Of course Jimmy doesn't travel with him so Green still had some good games.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I feel a storm coming! I feel a Ravens offensive storm the like of which we saw in Miami on the horizon tomorrow. Offensive player of the week Lamar Jackson yet again. Don't ask me why I feel these things but I do. It's inexplicable. I didn't feel good against Cleveland but I feel awesome right now. The next game we lose is several weeks away. Rejoice.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I know we're not an amazing team, but if this isn't an absolute beat down, I think we're going to be in trouble

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I think we're underestimating the Bengals to an extent. Yeah they're 0-5, but it was a one-point loss to the Hawks, three-point lost to the Cards on a GW FG, and four-point loss to the Bills in which they had the lead until the very end. This isn't gonna be some pushover...................and we're the Ravens.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think we're underestimating the Bengals to an extent. Yeah they're 0-5, but it was a one-point loss to the Hawks, three-point lost to the Cards on a GW FG, and four-point loss to the Bills in which they had the lead until the very end. This isn't gonna be some pushover...................and we're the Ravens.

I do agree with you except they're basically worst in the NFL against the rush and on top of that Dunlap is out. Also a couple of their pass rushers are out. Also AJ Green is out. A couple of their offensive line are out. They only passed 20 points in one game and they've managed to lose 5 already. They're a bad team who are dangerously thin right now. Gotta pounce on this opportunity

I agree. I still have that last second winning TD pass from Ginger stuck in my head. No matter how bad they seem to be they’ll be up for this game.

I'm excited to see what Elliott and Clark can do in Jefferson's role. TJ is a leader on the defense, but let's not pretend that his play this year hasn't been abysmal. His injury might turn out to be a blessing in disguise if Elliott and Clark can start making plays out there.
Indeed I hope Elliot shows us something now that TJ is out. We have “gotten younger” on defense but for that to work our young guys on that side of the ball have to show they belong and simply have not thus far.

Suggs departure was to allow Bowser and Williams to show what they have. The answer wasn’t good. Then with CBs going down Averett was given a chance. Also not good. CJs departure gave Young and board opportunities.

So far young guys are not really giving us a lot of hope for the future and show us that there are many holes to fill through draft and FA than we hoped.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I feel a storm coming! I feel a Ravens offensive storm the like of which we saw in Miami on the horizon tomorrow. Offensive player of the week Lamar Jackson yet again. Don't ask me why I feel these things but I do. It's inexplicable. I didn't feel good against Cleveland but I feel awesome right now. The next game we lose is several weeks away. Rejoice.
If Hollywood doesn't play this would be an even bigger accomplishment

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Peanut is also out. Jaleel Scott and Kenny Young are both active today as replacements.
this is correct and Chuck Clark has the green dot, in his first start. Earl Thomas mentioned earlier in the week that he was extremely smart and knows where everyone is supposed to line up. Unfortunately we probably won't see Elliott that often do to Clark having the green dot.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
this is correct and Chuck Clark has the green dot, in his first start. Earl Thomas mentioned earlier in the week that he was extremely smart and knows where everyone is supposed to line up. Unfortunately we probably won't see Elliott that often do to Clark having the green dot.

Goddammit. I hope we still see Elliott a lot on the sub packages then.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Welp we're fucked then since the opposite of what Earl says tends to occur. We may need to censor his name if this pattern continues.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
With Hollywood out , will Boykin get some more targets ? Someone needs to step up . Scott is active so maybe him .

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Hollywood doesn't play this would be an even bigger accomplishment
Oh well it was a storm alright but a spotty one! But, Lamar Jackson was lightning for sure in this game. I seriously can't see us lose to Seattle next week. It may sound far fetched but I believe we'll beat them fairly easily.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh well it was a storm alright but a spotty one! But, Lamar Jackson was lightning for sure in this game. I seriously can't see us lose to Seattle next week. It may sound far fetched but I believe we'll beat them fairly easily.
beating Seattle in Seattle is not going to be an easy game. Russell Wilson is having a career year and is on an MVP season. Can we win, yes, but easily, not likely.