• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bengals

Why do I get the feeling that number is going to go up on Sunday?

We can contain the run its just Dalton is good at those short timing patterns especially if we cant disrupt his rhythm. Im hoping Bynes can help us with drops and passing lanes, maybe he can work some veteran magic or something.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm excited to see what Elliott and Clark can do in Jefferson's role. TJ is a leader on the defense, but let's not pretend that his play this year hasn't been abysmal. His injury might turn out to be a blessing in disguise if Elliott and Clark can start making plays out there.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Idk Warren Sharp says after schedule adjustment the Ravens allow the league high Early Down Success Rate defensively which is one of the best indicator for success. So the Ravens are really struggling and if they keep going at this rate chances are Lamar has to play at a MVP level to even give us a chance at the playoffs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm excited to see what Elliott and Clark can do in Jefferson's role. TJ is a leader on the defense, but let's not pretend that his play this year hasn't been abysmal. His injury might turn out to be a blessing in disguise if Elliott and Clark can start making plays out there.

i just hope we see deshon play - i know the coaches really like chuck but i wonder how much elliot's workload will actually increase - have a funny feeling chuck's just gonna get TJ's snaps and maybe we see deshon get a few nickel/dime snaps - id be disappointed if that was the case

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Zrebiec:

Ravens def. starters when they played Bengals last Nov: B.Williams, B.Urban, T.Suggs, C.J. Mosley, P. Onwuasor, Z.Smith, B.Carr, T.Jefferson, E.Weddle, T.Young, J.Smith. There's a very good chance that only 2 of those guys (Williams, Carr) will be on field Sunday.

now being realistic that lineup doesnt include humphrey who was essentially the starter (lets be real) but still that would be 3/11 starters left

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
i just hope we see deshon play - i know the coaches really like chuck but i wonder how much elliot's workload will actually increase - have a funny feeling chuck's just gonna get TJ's snaps and maybe we see deshon get a few nickel/dime snaps - id be disappointed if that was the case

I think we'll all be disappointed if DeShon isn't getting more snaps. Chuck is a solid player, but DeShon has much more play-making potential which is really what our defense needs right now. I don't give a shit if we're giving up a ton of yards as long as we're able to force some turnovers out there. Give DeShon a chance to make some plays for us.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If we can't generate pressure this game we truly suck. Better win in a blowout.

If we go 1/3 in this stretch, someone needs to sound the alarms at the Castle. We barely beat the Steelers third string QB, got lucky Lamar got a Brady call to get the tying FG. Then lucky Tomlin gave us the ball in OT. We were handed the division title on a silver platter and now back to needing teams to lose and luckily the Browns are still the same old Browns. We might win the division at 7-9 or 8-8.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Why is everyone so high on DeShon Elliot? Is he another training camp standout or something? We need to be wary of those, but he can’t be worse than Chuck Clark. Boy is soft

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
Anyone else concerned about our offense? Lamar Jackson has to be able to pass the football as an NFL quarterback, that means throwing the ball downfield! On the other hand, I feel we have to get the right mix of running and passing the ball heading into each game. As of late why aren't we trying to establish the run? ...I think our OL is at full strength.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Anyone else concerned about our offense? Lamar Jackson has to be able to pass the football as an NFL quarterback, that means throwing the ball downfield! On the other hand, I feel we have to get the right mix of running and passing the ball heading into each game. As of late why aren't we trying to establish the run? ...I think our OL is at full strength.

Lamar got in his own head a bit against the steelers (who tbf have a pretty great pass rush) but that combined with his targets being depleted/hobbled and I think it really held him back

There’s lots of people characterising him as having regressed a little from the start of the year and I’m worried a little that if he faces that much pressure that his mechanics will revert but I’m also bullish because from a tape standpoint etc I thought Lamar was actually pretty good against the browns - steelers was the first game where I thought he had a bad game - he didn’t see the field well

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
What do you mean by "establish the run"?
Do you mean we aren't running enough?

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
What do you mean by "establish the run"?
Do you mean we aren't running enough?

Yes. Because of the monopoly NFL Ticket has in the market I have not got to see any of my boys play in their games, so I have to revert to highlights and stats. It seems there is a poor balance of running and passing from the Ravens offensively, so I am pushing for Ingram and Edwards to be featured more in what is scripted so we can control the clock and be more dominant. (If we lose to Cincinnati this weekend, I will be pissed at our staff. I am already peeved at injury-prone #22.)

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Does anyone know how many times AJ and Jimmy have actually played against each other? Genuinely curious to see how many occasions both have been healthy at the same time.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Zrebiec:

Ravens def. starters when they played Bengals last Nov: B.Williams, B.Urban, T.Suggs, C.J. Mosley, P. Onwuasor, Z.Smith, B.Carr, T.Jefferson, E.Weddle, T.Young, J.Smith. There's a very good chance that only 2 of those guys (Williams, Carr) will be on field Sunday.

now being realistic that lineup doesnt include humphrey who was essentially the starter (lets be real) but still that would be 3/11 starters left
yes, but who would Humphrey be the starter over. I think it would be Carr so that would still be 2/11.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes. Because of the monopoly NFL Ticket has in the market I have not got to see any of my boys play in their games, so I have to revert to highlights and stats. It seems there is a poor balance of running and passing from the Ravens offensively, so I am pushing for Ingram and Edwards to be featured more in what is scripted so we can control the clock and be more dominant. (If we lose to Cincinnati this weekend, I will be pissed at our staff. I am already peeved at injury-prone #22.)
Ok. Try Reddit nflstreams. Some streams are not far behind and have a pretty decent quality.
Our running game wasn't effective only Lamar had a couple of decent runs. It makes no sense to run for 2 or 3 yards when we could pass and in this case Lamar can still keep it if nothing is open and run for the same amount of yards or better.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
but again that's the same amount of semantical - both carr and humphrey were basically starters in that game and they're both basically starters in this game

either way we're quibbling between losing 73% and 82% of our defensive starters
I agree, it's not a big deal regardless.