• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019: Week 6 Discussion (Other Teams)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This would suck for the Lions, they have had the lead all game and may just end up losing it. Seems like the players are starting to believe in Matt Patricia and the "Patriot Way" in Detroit but they just have bad luck.

Note to OTs ... if a DE has you held on shoulder pad or collar exaggerate holding your head back and you might get illegal hands to the face. 1 costly penalty then another that cost the Lions any chance at a comeback win.

Just hate when ticky tack call rob fans from seeing what players could accomplish.

Another bullshit flag to decide the game
I just can’t imagine the anger and frustration that a player must feel when they give their heart and soul on the field in a game of huge importance to have a ref screw them.

I would have loved to have seen the Lions have an opportunity to answer.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
As much as I wanted Packers to win this I just think the refs gave the game to them. That Bakhthiari call was just terrible. Twice. The packers would've still won the game without the appearance of the referees calling it for them. These refs this season have been abominable. But, having said all that for @icebowl's sake I'm okay with the Pack winning it.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I just can’t imagine the anger and frustration that a player must feel when they give their heart and soul on the field in a game of huge importance to have a ref screw them.
I will never understand how they keep their cool in a situation like that.
My career would be over right there.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Just so happen those penalties happened when the Packers failed to convert on third down and the Lions defense held Aaron Rodgers in check, coincidence? I;m sarcastic when I say the refs are betting on the game but some of these calls just make you think that something is going on behind the scenes that needs to be exposed. There needs to be an investigation into these officials, like an legit investigation of the NFL telling officials to sway penalties toward certain teams, whether there is some legit betting going on by officials swaying their decision to throw flags, etc. At this point it's a damn disgrace to the league.

Last edited:
Hey guys obviously I'm a packers fan but we didn't deserve this tonight and Detroit got screwed. I feel very dirty as this was given to us. The NFL officiating is awful right now. Something needs to be done. I can't stand our current commissioner Goodell, he is a joke.

Just so happen those penalties happened when the Packers failed to convert on third down and the Lions defense held Aaron Rodgers in check, coincidence? I;m sarcastic when I say the refs are betting on the game but some of these calls just make you think that something is going on behind the scenes that needs to be exposed. There needs to be an investigation into these officials, like an legit investigation of the NFL telling officials to sway penalties toward certain teams, whether there is some legit betting going on by officials swaying their decision to throw flags, etc. At this point it's a damn disgrace to the league.

The refs have a subconscious bias towards the stronger teams, I don't think it's rigged I just think they always give the benefit of doubt to the favoured team. Just ask any All Blacks fan.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think what’s most important here is that if fans and viewers can’t trust the officiating of a game then the integrity of the game is ruined

That’s a massive thing to have threatened through incompetence

There’s so many ways this problem could have been fixed years ago but it still lingers

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think what’s most important here is that if fans and viewers can’t trust the officiating of a game then the integrity of the game is ruined

That’s a massive thing to have threatened through incompetence

There’s so many ways this problem could have been fixed years ago but it still lingers

First and foremost all refs should be fulltime. They also should adopt some college rules.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
The refs have a subconscious bias towards the stronger teams, I don't think it's rigged I just think they always give the benefit of doubt to the favoured team. Just ask any All Blacks fan.
But the transparency of the TMO is perfect from what I've seen so far at the WC. That is something the NFL should strongly consider to implement. Or am I missing something?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
But the transparency of the TMO is perfect from what I've seen so far at the WC. That is something the NFL should strongly consider to implement. Or am I missing something?

ive always said the more you hear of the refs talking through their decisions the more trust and respect fans and players and coaches will have for the officials

i find it absurd that no major sports other than rugby hear the referees during the game - there's a reason rugby officials are considered some of the best at their craft in the world, there's also a reason why there is a culture of respect and appreciation in that sport for the referees also

it's because there is transparency and understanding which breeds trust and respect - and it ultimately means more people are inclined to take up the profession which means you end up with larger and better talent pools

I do agree with this and I think it goes double for the teams who have what I call a “golden boy” at QB.