• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019: Week 6 Discussion (Other Teams)

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I understand having 1 team in LA logistically etc but why 2?
The raiders and other teams took over qualcomm stadium when they were in SD, so not much of a change here haha....
The relocations were beneficiary for the team owners and maybe the players, but fans aren't switching their support that easy as the owner imagined.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I understand having 1 team in LA logistically etc but why 2?

I don't like the way the Chargers are riding the coattails of the Rams and you're seeing the ramifications of it. Tbf SD had a decrepit old stadium that needed refurbished or just imploded and rebuilt but lacking the funds and with Cali's high taxes its a lot to ask for a publically funded stadium. Spanos should really sell the team. I'd love to see the Chargers move back to SD. Its the 8th largest city and is home to one of our major Navy bases and just a beautiful city with the best climate ever. Sad to say but the Chargers are really gonna have to find a new home imo. Its either that or they're always gonna be second fiddle.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks Mania. Redskins, Miami, Bengals they are just screwed. All those teams haven't done much in over a decade and are just not well-run organizations.
Skins probably won't be drafting a QB, unless the new coach convinces Dan Snyder to take another QB. He wanted Haskins because he was familiar with him. He went to the same school as his son.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Skins probably won't be drafting a QB, unless the new coach convinces Dan Snyder to take another QB. He wanted Haskins because he was familiar with him. He went to the same school as his son.

Arizona did it but Snyder is such a hardhead. A lot QB needy teams passed on Haskins and he hasn't been able to wrest the starting QB job from Keenum?? It was a favor to Jay Gruden to get fired when he's saddled with a QB of the future that he didn't even want.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Arizona did it but Snyder is such a hardhead. A lot QB needy teams passed on Haskins and he hasn't been able to wrest the starting QB job from Keenum?? It was a favor to Jay Gruden to get fired when he's saddled with a QB of the future that he didn't even want.
you're being kind when you call Snyder a hard head. He's the worst owner in sports by far. What owner takes a qb the coach doesn't want and although I never really call it a favor to fire the coach, in this case it may be for the best. The Skins aren't going to win with Snyder at the helm and Bruce Allen as the General Manager. It just WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

That fan base would be best off if he would move the franchise to another city and have it replaced by another team or a new team down the road. Atleast the new owner wouldn't be Snyder.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
you're being kind when you call Snyder a hard head. He's the worst owner in sports by far. What owner takes a qb the coach doesn't want and although I never really call it a favor to fire the coach, in this case it may be for the best. The Skins aren't going to win with Snyder at the helm and Bruce Allen as the General Manager. It just WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

That fan base would be best off if he would move the franchise to another city and have it replaced by another team or a new team down the road. Atleast the new owner wouldn't be Snyder.

Personally Snyder deserves it I just feel for the Skins fans somewhat. Hell this man drove you to become a Ravens fan.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Personally Snyder deserves it I just feel for the Skins fans somewhat. Hell this man drove you to become a Ravens fan.
It wasn't because of the losing and yes, I feel for the skins fans. Snyder is something that can't be said on these boards without being banned.

I feel for the skins fans but don't root for them to win anymore either.