• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The Bengals

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not to mention that Jefferson was not playing well before he went down. Between that, his injury and his cost it seems a cut is inevitable.

The cut decision will be easier if Clark fills the role well. I know all focus is on Elliott since he went down but isn’t Clark the primary one who is really taking over his spot?

Yeah chuck replaced TJ but he’d move down into LB in dime packages and Elliott would come in and play safety with earl Thomas - with Elliott out we likely see Clark further away from the LoS and he’s not as rangy as Elliott is albeit he already showed more in coverage than Jefferson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
you can also see Lamar discussing the play with Willie Snead in the youtube below

5:44 mark

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Here's the Snead play from @Edgar

So I originally said that miss was clearly on Snead but I had said that Lamar should have underthrown it a little to make sure given how wide open he was but watching that clip again he throws it so early based off the read that it’s clearly the right throw to the right spot - I’d missed the blitz live and assumed he waited longer in the snap to make a throw but no - right read, right timing to the right spot - Snead just got it wrong

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So I originally said that miss was clearly on Snead but I had said that Lamar should have underthrown it a little to make sure given how wide open he was but watching that clip again he throws it so early based off the read that it’s clearly the right throw to the right spot - I’d missed the blitz live and assumed he waited longer in the snap to make a throw but no - right read, right timing to the right spot - Snead just got it wrong
Ahh i didn’t get to see Snead misread the combination. Yeah all on Snead, no question.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ahh i didn’t get to see Snead misread the combination. Yeah all on Snead, no question.

im not even sure if he completely misread it - because he doesnt hesitate or sit down - he just sort of runs close to the right route but doesnt look sure about it - he clearly reads the cover 0 and 3v2 so runs the go up the seam but then doesnt actually go - he kinda just gears down - if he misread i have to think he'd have done something a little different but it just looks like he hesitates and doesnt commit here

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
im not even sure if he completely misread it - because he doesnt hesitate or sit down - he just sort of runs close to the right route but doesnt look sure about it - he clearly reads the cover 0 and 3v2 so runs the go up the seam but then doesnt actually go - he kinda just gears down - if he misread i have to think he'd have done something a little different but it just looks like he hesitates and doesnt commit here
agree. It's the hesitation that made it look like Lamar over through the pass, until you review the play.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It definitely looked to me like he turned to break in and saw andrews breaking out so he immediately got back to the seam but it was enough to really put him short. Maybe not misread but maybe he ran the completely wrong route.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
man watching the bengals game and deshon was awesome - seeing how well he played actually hurt to watch because i knew he was done for the year
I really want this guy to be healthy from now on. The combination of him and Earl
is really tantalizing and its so disappointing to see him have to miss another season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I really want this guy to be healthy from now on. The combination of him and Earl
is really tantalizing and its so disappointing to see him have to miss another season.

what i liked even more was the relationship between him and earl and chuck clark - having chuck move up into the LB/Dime with elliott and earl also on the field gave us so much coverage flexibility

you can tell that chuck really learnt a lot from weddle and he seems to communicate well on the back end - michael crawford found a nice bit of in-play communication between him and earl (on dalton's td) where he signalled to earl that he had the crosser and he should stay in the middle of the field - it stopped any receivers coming open - ultimately dalton was able to scramble for the td anyway because he outran bwill and pierce but it was a really nice small thing to see

he's clearly constantly aware of where everyone else is on the field and how to maintain the whole defence's leverage over the offence

on top of all that elliott looks so fast covering ground and that play he made to jar the ball free the one time humphrey got beat was awesome - the range he showed was glorious

we'll see how chuck does the rest of the year but i was most excited about them as a combination of 3 with levine as a 4th guy when we go into quarters coverage

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
what i liked even more was the relationship between him and earl and chuck clark - having chuck move up into the LB/Dime with elliott and earl also on the field gave us so much coverage flexibility

you can tell that chuck really learnt a lot from weddle and he seems to communicate well on the back end - michael crawford found a nice bit of in-play communication between him and earl (on dalton's td) where he signalled to earl that he had the crosser and he should stay in the middle of the field - it stopped any receivers coming open - ultimately dalton was able to scramble for the td anyway because he outran bwill and pierce but it was a really nice small thing to see

he's clearly constantly aware of where everyone else is on the field and how to maintain the whole defence's leverage over the offence

on top of all that elliott looks so fast covering ground and that play he made to jar the ball free the one time humphrey got beat was awesome - the range he showed was glorious

we'll see how chuck does the rest of the year but i was most excited about them as a combination of 3 with levine as a 4th guy when we go into quarters coverage
definitely sad to see Elliott out for another year, but have to hope he comes back just as strong next season and gets on the field. In regards to Clark, he seems to be a really good 6th round pick.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know you were a big fan of Kenny Young coming out of school last year. How do you feel about him being traded for Peters?

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know you were a big fan of Kenny Young coming out of school last year. How do you feel about him being traded for Peters?
Its a good trade. I definitely get it and I'm excited to see what happens with Peters.
Ive been watching him and trying to get a sense of him (Peters), watching a little from his rookie year, from 2017 and only a little from this year.