• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The Bengals

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah. This is true. Guys who have this kind of start never amount to anything and it has nothing to do with talent. He has it but some people just dont have the body for it

Tavon young is one of those guys too

can we stop paying fragile players too?
Tavon missed an entire season before he got paid and one game. I wouldn’t say that’s a fragile player. He played like a missile and hit hard and made tackles. I can’t say we made a bad deal we just got unlucky man. He’s an up and coming player and we always talk about locking those guys down and we did and this happened. That’s the game you pick your poison

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
remember Webb? he was better than tavon but tore his ACL in 2009 and then we paid him shitloads 2 years later, then tears his ACL again.

new rule, never ever give a contract to someone so soon after an ACL tear

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
remember Webb? he was better than tavon but tore his ACL in 2009 and then we paid him shitloads 2 years later, then tears his ACL again.

new rule, never ever give a contract to someone so soon after an ACL tear
Young didn't tear an acl, but I would agree with this statement

I also agree that TJ will be cut at the end of the season. We are going to be rebuilding this defense in the offseason. Maybe we need to take a page out of the Packers playbook.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
this isnt a situation where hes not played well when on the field - this isnt breshad perriman at safety - elliott has done well on the field and has been awesome on special teams - he's just been unfortunate
Never said talent was the issue. He’s been excellent, it’s a damn shame, but you just don’t see guys come out of 2 consecutive early season IRs to start their career and rebound, it’s just rare. That’s a massive uphill climb and I just don’t believe 99% of players can come back from this kind of start and be successful.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Young didn't tear an acl, but I would agree with this statement

I also agree that TJ will be cut at the end of the season. We are going to be rebuilding this defense in the offseason. Maybe we need to take a page out of the Packers playbook.

potentially save 7m by cutting jefferson after this year (not sure if there's any health related guaranteed money - doubt it given its year 4 but likely have to settle for injuries anyway if he's not fully healthy by the time we got to cut him - if that's the case)

speaking of the packers... its hard to describe just how much we miss ZDS - 5 sacks in 5 games so far and he added so much diversity and explosion to our rush last year

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Never said talent was the issue. He’s been excellent, it’s a damn shame, but you just don’t see guys come out of 2 consecutive early season IRs to start their career and rebound, it’s just rare. That’s a massive uphill climb and I just don’t believe 99% of players can come back from this kind of start and be successful.

i dont know - i hope you're wrong

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
potentially save 7m by cutting jefferson after this year (not sure if there's any health related guaranteed money - doubt it given its year 4 but likely have to settle for injuries anyway if he's not fully healthy by the time we got to cut him - if that's the case)

speaking of the packers... its hard to describe just how much we miss ZDS - 5 sacks in 5 games so far and he added so much diversity and explosion to our rush last year
totally miss ZDS.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i always worry about high picks who are drafted as hybrids
now it certainly helps that we play a lot of dime but do you really draft a guy high who you're basically drafting to be an A+ dimebacker and a hopefully good safety
I don’t want him as a hybrid, I want him as a full time 3 down player, and I’m just pointing out that the guy is a starter at either ILB or SS and which ever one he looks better at is where he should play.

Yep, he's good but saying he's become EDC's favourite is how you start the rumours.
Never had any intention of starting rumors and nobody should take what I say as any kind of report or info. I know nothing lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
In the weekly Other Teams discussion, I posted a couple of videos of why LA doesn't deserve a football team, let alone 2. What I don't understand is why did OUR home crowd sound so lackluster and underwhelming? Or maybe it's just me.....

redrum52

Hall of Famer
i cant believe elliot's out - literally he'd just started to get snaps and he's out
what are the footballing gods punishing us for?

we've now lost 2 starting corners, 1 backup corner, 1 starting safety, 1 backup safety - that's outrageous amounts of losses in one secondary

What was our strength... Jesus.

Jefferson is getting cut regardless.

I think he's cut, too. Way too much cap freed. Right player, right price and his is steep. Not the fastest and coming back from an ACL. Wish him the best though.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
In the weekly Other Teams discussion, I posted a couple of videos of why LA doesn't deserve a football team, let alone 2. What I don't understand is why did OUR home crowd sound so lackluster and underwhelming? Or maybe it's just me.....

Wasn't you. Heard that the attendance wasn't the best. My guess would be because everyone thought we'd walk over the Bengals. I personally wouldn't have paid or wanted to attend this game, but that's me.

What was our strength... Jesus.

I think he's cut, too. Way too much cap freed. Right player, right price and his is steep. Not the fastest and coming back from an ACL. Wish him the best though.
Not to mention that Jefferson was not playing well before he went down. Between that, his injury and his cost it seems a cut is inevitable.

The cut decision will be easier if Clark fills the role well. I know all focus is on Elliott since he went down but isn’t Clark the primary one who is really taking over his spot?